DVDVR Message Board

APRIL 2017 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

5 minutes ago, (BP) said:

I just think it's funny how Punk didn't appreciate the misdiagnosed Z-Pack he got but still goes to doctors when he's sick. What a hypocritical piece of shit. 

Yeah man, fuck that guy. I thought he was straight edge. Why is he taking antibiotics for staph?

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Craig H said:

It's for a charity for crying out loud. What is so hard to understand about that? So for 6 weeks he basically gets to play a game where proceeds go to a charity. And it's something for him to do.

Also, what's this shit about being profoundly anti-social? He's constantly in public doing public things, like attending sporting events and going to the store. He's explained multiple times that he would like it if people wouldn't act like total dipshits while he's out in public and would at least try to be respectful. When Dave Chappelle explained that part of the reason he disappeared from stand-up and TV was that people couldn't help themselves from being assholes, going up to him in public when he's with his family yelling "CHARLIE MURPHY!" and "I'M WAYNE BRADY BITCH," no one chided him for it. Why would Punk not deserve the same understanding?

Well tbf lots of people chided Chappelle about that but those people were assholes too.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Cristobal said:

Well tbf lots of people chided Chappelle about that but those people were assholes too.

Yeah, agreed on that. But hey, at least people driving Chappelle away allowed him to hit the gym and put a bunch of muscle on. Hopefully the gym time will offset a little of the effects of chain smoking, which, out of topic for here, man is his voice really showing the effects of all that smoking.

50 minutes ago, Craig H said:

He's explained multiple times that he would like it if people wouldn't act like total dipshits while he's out in public and would at least try to be respectful.

Like when a fan referred to him as "Phil" when asking for an autograph instead of whatever goofy name that heretofore unknown inside wrestling locker room standards deem the fan should have used!  What a total rude dipshit that fan was for not knowing Mr. Brooks preferred nomenclature.

To paraphrase an old saying that I love, tell me you met a total dipshit fan in the morning, well, then you met  a total dipshit.  Tell me you met total dipshit fans all day, maybe the total dipshit is you.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Craig H said:

This is annoying. It's another damned if you do, damned if you don't thing. He's shit on and damned for trying to be a professional fighter and he's damned if he does nothing at all. He's damned for deciding to take part in a tv show and he's damned because he doesn't want to talk about wrestling.

Sometimes, it seems like the simple answer for some, not necessarily anyone on here, would be for the guy to not exist at all and for him to never exist.

But then I'm sure people would find a way to bitch about that too.

Damn the zygote that became Phil Brooks

1 hour ago, NikoBaltimore said:

Wait, we're hating on Punk now?  This seems a bit sudden.

And I'm curious where CreativeControl saw that he stated this.  It seems at this point he's focused on AJ, MMA, hockey and baseball.  Don't recall him saying much anything about wrestling.

I've been hating him since he declared he broke his body doing something fake. The guy is a first rate hypocrite. He could have used his fame to help a small wrestling promotion/MMA group. But he chose UFC because he wanted big money and the spotlight. Which is perfectly fine it just means he is no different than someone like Hulk Hogan, who he would slag. 

That does not mention him having no problem taking a spot from a full time fighter after he bitched about part timers in WWE. 

Its not that he goes around chasing money and spotlight, its he for years has had no problem bashing other people for it. 

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, cwoy2j said:

. He's shit on and damned for trying to be a professional fighter and he's damned if he does nothing at all. He's damned for deciding to take part in a tv show and he's damned because he doesn't want to talk about wrestling.

He is shit on for being a self important hypocritical ass. 

• Like 3

I like CM Punk as a wrestler, the character is tremandous plus he can talk and put on a hell of a match. I'm a big fan, but after leaving the WWE which I support his decision if you're not happy why be there he's been more obnoxious and dickish than he was before. I feel like he brings alot of this shit on himself.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, NikoBaltimore said:

Okay, i wasn't aware of that.  Thanks.

Still don't see the need to call him things like "delusional fucker" and all that.

Why do I call him delusional? The whole "im going to be a ufc fighter now" thing has always left a bad taste in my mouth. No prior training, no previous sporting background, just a celeb fan. It took balls of steel to do what he's done but the whole thing just reeks of believing in your own bullshit but hey, I'm sure Roufusport Gym love cashing those cheques

So Punk should have turned down UFC's offer to him? It's not like they had to even offer him a contract. They knew well and full what they were doing and now Mickey Gall is a bigger name for it. I find it downright hilarious that some of you are still like, "he took a spot away from another fighter!" or "fuck CM Punk for trying to be an MMA fighter!" 

Tell me MMA experts, exactly what spot did CM Punk take from someone else?! He has fought one fucking fight and with that one fight he made Mickey Gall into a way bigger name than Gall would have been without beating Punk. And then Gall, being the smart guy he is, parlayed that into a fight against another big-ish name in Sage Northcutt, who he also beat. If he isn't already, Gall is someone you can reliable put on PPVs.

But yeah, fuck CM Punk for taking a spot from another fighter.

• Like 6

For all intents and purposes - it appears the announced the entire card for tonight's SDL

Show opens with Nakamura doing something

Naomi vs. Charlotte - SDL Women's Championship Match

AJ Styles vs. Baron Corbin

Randy Orton vs. Erick Rowan - No DQ

Beat the Clock featuring: American Alpha, Fashion Police, Ascension, Colons - winner faces Usos for the titles (at some point)

2 minutes ago, Craig H said:

So Punk should have turned down UFC's offer to him? It's not like they had to even offer him a contract. They knew well and full what they were doing and now Mickey Gall is a bigger name for it. I find it downright hilarious that some of you are still like, "he took a spot away from another fighter!" or "fuck CM Punk for trying to be an MMA fighter!" 

Tell me MMA experts, exactly what spot did CM Punk take from someone else?! He has fought one fucking fight and with that one fight he made Mickey Gall into a way bigger name than Gall would have been without beating Punk. And then Gall, being the smart guy he is, parlayed that into a fight against another big-ish name in Sage Northcutt, who he also beat. If he isn't already, Gall is someone you can reliable put on PPVs.

How is Punk taking a spot on a UFC card any different than the part-timers he complained about taking spots at WrestleMania?

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Craig H said:

I had a long post about Punk but refreshing the page wiped it out.  But it appears you and I are on a similar mindset regarding Punk so kudos to you, sir.

The only thing I'll add is if Punk was doing this strictly for the money or fame how come he's still at Roufusport training?  From what I gather even if he's not good he trains a lot there.  And they seem to like each other.  Whether you feel he took a spot or not he could have flaked out after losing but didn't.

@Dewar You're not wrong about wrestlers/fighters feeling a part-timer took somebody's spot and I can see why they'd feel that way.  But that's another discussion that I personally don't feel like getting into right now.

Also, the notion of "taking a spot" from another fighter in the UFC and declaring that CM Punk is a hypocrite because he didn't help out some smaller MMA or wrestling promotion are just as hilarious.

UFC at one point had 500+ fighters under contract. Exactly what spot did Punk take? Should all famous fighters or wrestlers help out smaller promotions? Or is Vic just in a total bubble?

30 minutes ago, CreativeControl said:

It took balls of steel to do what he's done

I think for 500,000 bucks any of us would get beat up for a minute or two on ppv. All it takes is a lack of dignity. 

7 minutes ago, Craig H said:

You don't have much in the chamber past sarcasm do you?

Punk very publically decried WWE using part timers during his time in the company. Please explain how this is different? 

• Like 2

Just now, Craig H said:

UFC at one point had 500+ fighters under contract. Exactly what spot did Punk take? Should all famous fighters or wrestlers help out smaller promotions? Or is Vic just in a total bubble?

He took a PPV spot and payday away from someone who most likely had actually participated in a professional MMA match before.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Dewar said:

How is Punk taking a spot on a UFC card any different than the part-timers he complained about taking spots at WrestleMania?

Because UFC is functionally as different as possible from WWE when it comes to which fighters to place on which cards. And again, you can say he took a spot, but if Gall doesn't face Punk, do you really think Gall would have had his 3rd pro fight on a PPV?

2 hours ago, Craig H said:

He did an interview with ABC 7 in Chicago saying WWF was never his end goal. He watched WWF as a kid, but he was more about AJPW and NJPW while growing up and coming up through the indies. The main reason would be to go over to Japan and do his thing there and then be able to come home and not be as recognized.

Nothing stopping him in from inquiring about NJPW/AJPW/NOAH.

• Like 2

Moving the goalposts. This is about Punk being a hypocrite, and nothing to do with Gall.

If Punk's first fight was not on PPV, then another fight would have been. So I guess he took away two fighters chance to make an impression, while giving a chance for increased exposure to Gall.

• Like 2

Just now, Dewar said:

He took a PPV spot and payday away from someone who most likely had actually participated in a professional MMA match before.

Ok, who then? Who did he take a spot from?

He was used to build up a prospect that Dana discovered.

And again, Gall isn't on the PPV card without Punk, or do you want to say that Gall shouldn't have been on PPV as well?

This also totally ignores how contracts are structured.