DVDVR Message Board

APRIL 2017 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

34 minutes ago, GodzillaPerez said:

If PWG or AIW called a show "Great Balls of Fire", no one would care but WWE doing it really does make it out of place and dated.

Presumably, if pwg or aiw or even chikara did it, there would like be a hipster or metatextual reason. If impact did it, they probably mean to light abyss on fire.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PetrolCB said:

HBK on his relationship with Sunny... 

https://clyp.it/rfcuf2nz 

How to y'know sorta y'know talk for y'know sorta as long as y'know possible without y'know sorta actually y'know saying anything sorta at all, you know what I mean?

• Like 5

37 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

That would mean Ellsworth would still be around. I'll take a pass on that.

Ellsworth is great in his current gimmick.  Actually, Ellsworth has been great for his entire WWE run.  I don't get how people had a problem with it ever.

• Like 4

Ellsworth is fine as the dope being taken for a ride by the hot but trashy girl. But whats the pay off to all this going to be? Carmella has to dump him at some point and reveal that she has an actual boyfriend. 

• Like 1

Speaking of Cass and Ellsworth I think we are going to get Enzo and Big Cass involved in this Ellsworth thing down the line. Cass being revealed as Carmela's boyfriend and Cass Big Booting the everliving hell out of Ellsworth has to be the pay off, doesn't it? That means we'll see Ellsworth vs Enzo and there's people on this bored how'd rather watch Malina vs Alicia Fox. I don't know how else this will turn out. 

26 minutes ago, Web Conn said:

Speaking of Cass and Ellsworth I think we are going to get Enzo and Big Cass involved in this Ellsworth thing down the line. Cass being revealed as Carmela's boyfriend and Cass Big Booting the everliving hell out of Ellsworth has to be the pay off, doesn't it? That means we'll see Ellsworth vs Enzo and there's people on this bored how'd rather watch Malina vs Alicia Fox. I don't know how else this will turn out. 

I feel like if WWE wanted to pair Enzo/Cass with Carmella they already had two chances to do it and opted not to, so I wouldn't say its forthcoming at any point.

Ellsworth as cruiserweight comedy act proably buys him another year in the WWE after the Carmela things comes to an end. I like BP's idea of Ellsworth having a heavy but I don't think Braun should be a comedy character yet. What about Mark Henry? I'm serious he's not doing anything he's nearing the end of his career why not one last fun run for Mark being Ellsworths bodygaurd as he weasels his way through Cruiserweight title defenses.

Also does anyone else think we might see a draft this summer. I know they just did The Supersta Shake Up but that felt like that was more of a trade deadline than a draft. I feel like there's still people who could use a change of scenery, Reigns on Smackdown could keep him away from Brock until Mania 34 and Cena on Raw could give Cena his 17th reign with the Universal Title, sure you'd have to factor Braun into all of this but whatever. I also feel that they could focus the draft more so on MXY calls ups and inactive/injured members of the roster. Like if both brands got 15 picks each and aside from some big grabs like Rowan and Cena its mostly NXT call ups like Jose and Asuka and people returning from injury like Summer Rea, Zack Ryder and Darren Young. I think It'd be cool.

1 hour ago, Cobra Commander said:

would Ellsworth get the Mark Henry Three 6 Mafia theme as part of his association with Mark Henry?

I sure hope so. Mark Henry has worked almost every WWE show I've been to and I will never not go banana to that song. 

Also, my pick as enforcer for Ellsworth should be Kevin Nash. I think there's some good comedy in there, with Nash telling him he's the next HBK

• Like 5

Apparently X-Pac is AWOL and no one can locate him. Was supposed to be at a UK event this weekend but no one has heard from him.

Message from promotion:

X-PAC SITUATION

:: With regret, unless a miracle occurs, X-Pac will no longer be appearing at the Extreme Measures 2017 event later today.

He was scheduled to land in the UK on Saturday at 2pm, but 12 hours later and nobody has heard from him. We wish Sean well and hope he is safe. Sometimes you do everything you can but it’s completely out of our hands.