DVDVR Message Board

APRIL 2017 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

I haven't seen any of his non WWE stuff, but I know some of the high fliers on the indies like Ricochet speak very highly of his work.

Just going by what I've seen in the WWE he's nothing special. Maybe he's secretly amazing and is just being under utilized? I dunno. All I know is I haven't seen anything in his WWE run that's stood out for me. I do think he has a role, and I do enjoy the undersized baby face giant killer archetype, and I think he's better served in that role than going to 205 Live and getting a speech impediment gimmick or whatever stupid shit they'd saddle him with over there.

I don't have anything against Kalisto. He's suffered from start/stop pushes and being shoved into Reys spot.  You can't just put him in Rey's spot. Rey occurred in a different time period and he was a once in a generation talent. 

• Like 1

Kalisto is ok, but he doesn't have the charisma or in ring talent to really get over in the Rey spot like they wanted him in. The feuds with Del Rio & Ryback sort of proved that. The Ryback feud especially exposed him seeing as how even being good matches they were somehow carried by Ryback who had to keep Kalisto from killing himself a few times. Whoever mentioned that interview from draft being the final nail in the coffin hit it right on the money. That was when they mostly stopping giving a shit about him and put him into these victim roles.

24 minutes ago, Wyld Samurai said:

Kalisto

Pros: Bendy, does Lucha things, looks like a hybrid of Rey Misterio and Dragon Kid, U10's love his mask

Cons: can't talk, misses spots, lacking crowd connection

I fail to see how Kalisto's internet dating profile is relevant here. :P

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, Wyld Samurai said:

Cons: can't talk, misses spots, lacking crowd connection

I liked him well enough on the indys as Samuray Del Sol, but, yeah, this.  WWE requires a different skill set and not all guys can make the transition.  

• Like 2

Shaq says it is the WWE's fault the Mania match didn't happen

“Because they kept playing," Shaq explained. "First, they said it was me and Big Show. Then, they said it was going to be three and three. Then, they canceled it, so when they canceled it, I made other arrangements. And then they tried to call back and tried to get it done, and I just said, ‘I’m not going to do it.’ They messed it up.”

He was on the Tonight Show, in Orlando, the next night. He probably didn't feel like doing it. 

To be fair, it would've sucked. So, all parties lucked out. I mean, who cares about Shaq, besides the General and Icy Hot, in 2017?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, PetrolCB said:

He was on the Tonight Show, in Orlando, the next night. He probably didn't feel like doing it. 

To be fair, it would've sucked. So, all parties lucked out. I mean, who cares about Shaq, besides the General and Icy Hot, in 2017?

Javale McGee. 

58 minutes ago, caley said:

Per this article (Though it jumps around from speculation to rumors to basically being a done deal), Maria Kanellis and Mike Benett are signing with WWE and headed to Smackdown

http://slam.canoe.com/Slam/Wrestling/2017/04/24/22719916.html

Meltz said they have had an agreement for awhile it was just a matter of it they went Main Roster or NXT

Of course for the conspiracy theorists - Maria comes back to SDL after both Bellas leave

2 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Didn't Punk used to make fun of The Miz for being on MTV?

Punk used to make fun of people for not being CM Punk.

... til he got knocked the fuck out.

• Like 2

Watch this turn into a CM Punk vs The World Show on MTV where Punk challenges amateur MMA Fighters from all over the world or something. So he can play MMA Fighter without getting knocked out again.

2 minutes ago, Web Conn said:

Watch this turn into a CM Punk vs The World Show on MTV where Punk challenges amateur MMA Fighters from all over the world or something. So he can play MMA Fighter without getting knocked out again.

Seriously, my buddy's kids were high school wrestlers turned local MMA guys and I would take them over CM Punk any day. I like Punk as a wrestler, but there are tons of bad ass motherfuckers out there (especially prior wrestlers) who are legit.  

I feel like Bill Murray as a wrestler would be like Jimmy Valiant (not like that), No bumps given no bumps taken and still have the crowd eating out of the palm of his hand the whole time.

• Like 2