DVDVR Message Board

APRIL 2017 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

3 hours ago, piranesi said:

Has there ever been another guy with as much promise as Kalisto who was shit on this much? Not shit on like "let's stooge him out in comedy segments" but just by having him not only be weak but basically a helpless child who exists to be bullied and tormented and is almost never seen unless someone is stuffing him into something or throwing him through something or actually making him hit himself while saying "I like to suck big dicks. MMMMmmmmm I can't get enough."

Also has it ever helped anyone get over by beating him up?

eugene.jpg

3 hours ago, piranesi said:

Has there ever been another guy with as much promise as Kalisto who was shit on this much? Not shit on like "let's stooge him out in comedy segments" but just by having him not only be weak but basically a helpless child who exists to be bullied and tormented and is almost never seen unless someone is stuffing him into something or throwing him through something or actually making him hit himself while saying "I like to suck big dicks. MMMMmmmmm I can't get enough."

TAKA?

At least Taka got to enter the ring and have competitive matches on, like, Jakked or whatever and presumably wasn't being purple nurpled at the lunch counter daily.

Kalisto basically if there aren't some camp counselors with him at all times to protect him is being violently sodomized by someone backstage. Even when he has a match he rarely actually gets to the ring without someone wedgiing him and throwing him into the girls locker room naked.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, piranesi said:

https://uproxx.files.wordpress.com/2012/01/zack-ryder-cant-change-a-tire.jpg?quality=100&w=650&h=361

• Like 4

It appears that Tajiri won't be returning to WWE.

Tajiri announced the news in a series of tweets written in Japanese last night. A translation provided by Chris Charlton noted that Tajiri said that he was cleared to return after suffering a knee injury earlier this year and was coaching at the Performance Center while he waited to come back to television, but WWE decided not to use him with his age being a factor.

He said that he would be going back to Japan and had no regrets about his return to WWE.

After taking part in the Cruiserweight Classic last summer, Tajiri made his 205 Live debut on the first episode of 2017 and was beginning a feud with Brian Kendrick. He last wrestled for the company in a dark match at a set of NXT tapings in January. WWE later announced that he wasn't cleared to wrestle after suffering a right knee injury at those tapings.

Tajiri teamed with Shinsuke Nakamura against Samoa Joe & Bobby Roode in that match.

http://www.f4wonline.com/wwe-news/tajiri-not-returning-wwe-after-knee-injury-234256

27 minutes ago, nofuture said:

The moment Kalisto's career went downhill.

Yeah, Meltzer has said in the past that they had big plans for Kalisto, but something has always happened to derail those plans.  Supposedly, he was in line to get a push after the brand split, but the "lucha thing" promo caused Vince to sour on him.

• Like 1

Was wondering where Tajiri was since I recalled him being cleared from his injury months ago. That is a shame, especially after the performances he had during the CWC. Seems weird to cut someone who is good and has a great grasp of character & WWE style. You would think they would want him around if only to help the other cruisers.

25 minutes ago, PetrolCB said:

Yeah, would've been cool if he wanted to help in Orlando. That way, we could also get more Regal/Tajiri interaction. 

Shame about Tajiri. Least we've:

I especially love the first video.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Horton Hears a Wooo!!! said:

Yeah, Meltzer has said in the past that they had big plans for Kalisto, but something has always happened to derail those plans.  Supposedly, he was in line to get a push after the brand split, but the "lucha thing" promo caused Vince to sour on him.

Everyone seems to forget the most obvious talking point about Kalisto....he's garbage in the ring.  He has these horribly contrived spots, that don't look good even when he doesn't botch them (which he usually does).  He tries to bust out wacky no-handed handsprings (?) and corkscrews, (that he usually botches).  He has never even been able to hit his own signature moves cleanly or with any consistency.  He flat out sucks, and has since his first days in NXT.  I'm surprised he's lasted this long with the company, if it wasn't for them packaging him in a tag team with a solid worker like Sin Cara (Hunico), and carrying him through NXT in the Lucha Dragons gimmick, he'd be long gone by now.  The sooner they fire him and replace him with Cien Almas or any other luchador, the better. 

Hell, repackage Hunico and give him Kalisto's spot, lord knows he deserves it.  Where is he anyway, didn't he get injured on TV not long ago?

• Like 1

He's pretty lacking in the charisma department too. Kalisto was cool until I watched LU and realized he was a poor man's Fenix. I know Vince thinks he can take any masked Mexican guy and turn him into the next Rey, but Kalisto always had a midcard/tag champ ceiling at best.

• Like 1

I forgot Kalisto was even on SmackDown. Last time he was on the show was in the No. 1 Contenders battle royal on 2/21. I totally forgot about him until they announced he has been traded to Raw two weeks ago. 

• Like 1