DVDVR Message Board

APRIL 2017 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

42 minutes ago, NikoBaltimore said:

At what point do we say this is a disgusting tactic that Vader's using?  I'm not by any means saying I wished his claims were true.  But if he's saying he's had two years then a few days and it turns out to not be the case at all then that's a pretty rotten thing to do.

I figured it was this from the beginning. Of course, if things turn south, in hindsight, I'll look like an asshole saying this. 

I actually have non-fan friends who knew about Vader's tweets and asked me about them-- some who watched him in WCW and the WWF as kids, but also some who knew him from his appearances on Boy Meets World. They must have gotten some "mainstream" coverage somewhere along the line, be it TMZ or even Yahoo or something. Definitely wouldn't be a good look if a work, but for the sake of both the guy behind the character as well as anyone who might see him legitimately die in the ring (as mentioned earlier), I sure hope it is.

2 hours ago, caley said:

BTW, in things I thought I'd never see.  An article for The Buffalo News about the Buffalo Sabres NHL team builds its lede around a tweet by CM Punk.  I think that's probably a BINGO on the pro wrestling fan/NHL fan crossover BINGO card.

http://buffalonews.com/2017/04/21/pegula-adamant-adding-discipline-character-sabres-organization/

The Buffalo News (particularly the sports section) is a complete cesspool and just about everyone who writes for it should die a slow painful death.

If Undertaker goes in the WWE Hall next year, will they put Kane in too? It seems logical but I would think Taker should induct him and they have never done something where somebody going in inducts someone the same night.

Though X-Pac and Daniel Bryan would be good choices. Maybe Big Show, but I read once they did not get along well away from the ring. 

2 hours ago, Victator said:

If Undertaker goes in the WWE Hall next year, will they put Kane in too? It seems logical but I would think Taker should induct him and they have never done something where somebody going in inducts someone the same night.

Though X-Pac and Daniel Bryan would be good choices. Maybe Big Show, but I read once they did not get along well away from the ring. 

Big Show, Mark Henry and Kane did a Dinner For 3 on the WWE Network and they were rather chummy. I doubt that they have issues. Daniel Bryan seems like a good bet. As far as the Undertaker goes, Mick Foley would be my guess.

1 hour ago, Sammo~! said:

I'm going to imagine Big E won some kind of miniature golf tournament and that jacket was his prize. You can't convince me otherwise.

I'm obviously referring to the groom. 

Thinking about Kane, they could probably put him put him in the hall in 2019 and have Undertaker do it. With Paul Bearer gone, I think Kane should be the one to induct Taker. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Victator said:

I can't get enough New Jack promos in SMW, especially whenever he addresses Bon Armstrong.

New Jack: I'll fight any of Bob Armstrong's sons. Sleepy, Sneezy, Dopey..Brad, Brian or Steve, I don't care.

I wish I could find the awesome "The Junkyard Dog days are over! The  Tap Dancin' 2 Cold Scorpio days are over!" promo

SMW New Jack is so amazing on the mic during this period. I'm still waiting for him to get cast i na movie as denzel's best friend!

James

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Victator said:

Thinking about Kane, they could probably put him put him in the hall in 2019 and have Undertaker do it. With Paul Bearer gone, I think Kane should be the one to induct Taker. 

Taker is probably the only wrestler ever who has an outside chance of Vince inducting him himself.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Victator said:

I can't get enough New Jack promos in SMW, especially whenever he addresses Bon Armstrong.

New Jack: I'll fight any of Bob Armstrong's sons. Sleepy, Sneezy, Dopey..Brad, Brian or Steve, I don't care.

New Jack is a fucking nut. As a black man, there's no way in hell I would've cut those types of promos in that territory for what I'm sure weren't great paydays.

And poor Bob Caudle having to stand there while New Jack is ranting. It's hilarious to see him cringing when New Jack is spouting off about how the only thing he has in common with white people is that they both hate Martin Luther King b/c if you slap MLK he'll turn the other cheek and New Jack won't. 

• Like 1

I just watched Taz vs Sabu from Barely Legal... probably the first time I've seen that since 1997... and I was blown away by the matwork in the match. Back then I remember we all shat on the match, but watching it in today's era of 100mph spotspotspot predictability it's kinda turned into a thing of beauty. 

• Like 2