DVDVR Message Board

APRIL 2017 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

55 minutes ago, Craig H said:

This is weird, but over the last few days, I've noticed people on wreddit basically trying to revive the Sleaze Thread. Maybe it's just a coincidence or maybe people just can't leave shit alone, but I've seen plenty of people basically say the same things there that were said on here.

I almost want to say "don't go down this path," but then I'd actually have to post on reddit.

20170214_sd_talkingsmackbattleroyal--94e

Don't post on boards that are bad.

• Like 3

Does anyone know any good competitive matches that featured guys who were used as jobbers on TV? Particularly from the 90's or 80's.

I was thinking about how Jimmy Jacobs was a jobber once on TV for Eddy Guerrero, and how there was so much footage of him being a big deal on the indies. Then I wondered about guys like Dusty Wolfe or LA FUCKING GORE, and if there was some grainy VHS footage of them putting on a clinic for the Tex-Arcana title in front of 150 people at the County Fairgrounds. Basically matches of jobbers not wrestling like jobbers at their local fed.

54 minutes ago, jaedmc said:

Does anyone know any good competitive matches that featured guys who were used as jobbers on TV? Particularly from the 90's or 80's.

I was thinking about how Jimmy Jacobs was a jobber once on TV for Eddy Guerrero, and how there was so much footage of him being a big deal on the indies. Then I wondered about guys like Dusty Wolfe or LA FUCKING GORE, and if there was some grainy VHS footage of them putting on a clinic for the Tex-Arcana title in front of 150 people at the County Fairgrounds. Basically matches of jobbers not wrestling like jobbers at their local fed.

IIRC, didn't Barry Horowitz get a decent push in Global? And Louie Spicoli was pushed a bit in ECW and AAA.

I'll have to look up the Global Horowitz deal. Thanks!

I'm not "counting" ECW tho it totally fits the bill, just because I've watched soooooo much ECW. Jason wrestled there. Aldo Montoya was their champion. RVD was jobbing to Vinnie Vegas and so on. I think I was looking for something a little more obscure.

If you go through Monsoon Classic's Channel - you will find a lot of WCW C Show matches and there are more than a handful of jobber v jobber type matches

1 hour ago, jaedmc said:

Dusty Wolfe says, another day at rancho wolfe........

Nobody mentioned the Hardys as jobbers who had competitive matches in the indies?

Once upon a time, Robbie Brookside was a TV jobber for Shane McMahon. But before that, he'd have matches like this:

Guys, please. Show some cultural awareness.  There are many types and genres of white girl dance. The particular variety that Lana is displaying is called the "4H Club Eggplant Harvest Pageant Shimmy" and is widely practiced from just north of the Smoky Mountains all the way up to Lake Erie.

You'll notice that the fat guy in the white shirt next to her immediately recognizes it and instinctively goes into his version of the "Yeah that's my dad's truck but I can use it whenever I want" stomp.

If this was filmed anywhere from the Pennsylvania line on down to Morgantown West Virginia, then they are now married and she is likely pregnant by the time she gets to the ring.

• Like 13

3 hours ago, jaedmc said:

I know WCWSN had a few of those in the late 90s where two JTTS's at the same level would face off.

2 hours ago, Ace said:

IIRC, didn't Barry Horowitz get a decent push in Global? 

Horowitz won the light heavyweight title in Global. I liked his run as "The Winner" Barry Horowitz. After his initial win over Terry "I'm not the pedophile Terry Garvin" Simms, Horowitz did a gimmick of selling VHS copies of the match for like $29.95.