DVDVR Message Board

APRIL 2017 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

15 minutes ago, Cobra Commander said:

maybe he'd do noggin-knocker spots and make Afa and Sika simultaneously headbutt each other

Look, I don't know about you, but I do NOT want the universe to collapse in on itself, thank you very much. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Craig H said:

Not sure if this should go in the WWE Network thread or not, but longtime WWE Network subscribers are being automatically entered to win tickets to WM 34. The drawing is the week of April 24.

http://www.wwe.com/wwe-network-wrestlemania-34-sweeps-faq

By my calculation at the end of 2014 Quarter 3 there were 730,000 subscribers. Probably a big chunk of whom signed up for the free trial for the Cena v. Lesnar Summerslam match. I would guess there are maybe 500k early domestic subscribers who have had the network uninterrupted since August of 14. This would be a 1 in 14,750 chance of an all expenses paid trip to Mania. Not bad. 

1 hour ago, JohnnyJ said:

By my calculation at the end of 2014 Quarter 3 there were 730,000 subscribers. Probably a big chunk of whom signed up for the free trial for the Cena v. Lesnar Summerslam match. I would guess there are maybe 500k early domestic subscribers who have had the network uninterrupted since August of 14. This would be a 1 in 14,750 chance of an all expenses paid trip to Mania. Not bad. 

Based on the wording, it sounds like you only had to have first ordered the network before August 2014 while being a current subscriber, you don't need to have had the network the entire time.  However, you get one entry for every day you've been a subscriber.  Someone who's subscribed since day 1 and never cancelled will have about 1155 entries while someone who's cancelled and resubscribed will have less.

So this is a thing that might happen on Smackdown

Spoiler

http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/829923-wwe-smackdown-live-spoiler#Y6OEpc6AdhXVca2u.99

According to SportsKeeda, sources are reporting that Jinder Mahal, who was only recently drafted to WWE Smackdown Live, is booked to win the Six-Pack Challenge on tonight’s show.
Read more at http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/829923-wwe-smackdown-live-spoiler#lZ2HbJAS4gHAPrrh.99

Spoiler

Orton's going to beat whoever wins that match... so it's either Jinder or Rowan. Ziggler's in the program with Nak, and you don't want the other three losing.

I'm just curious how kayfabe-wise Daniel Bryan and Shane McMahon came up with that list of "contenders" for the WWE Title. Kevin Owens is the current US Champ, with AJ as his #1 contender, so neither of them being in does make sense. But what has Jinder Mahal done to warrant being put in such a spot? Or Erik Rowan? At least Mojo won the Andre Battle Royal, so that kayfabe sort of puts him in contention. Where is Baron Corbin? Nakamura? Heck, even Tye Dillinger would make more sense than either Jinder or Rowan. I give them credit for giving some different guys the spotlight, but there has to be some sort of reasoning behind it. Maybe they'll explain it at the top of the show? I dunno. This just seems like a bad idea.

5 minutes ago, MonteCarl said:

I'm just curious how kayfabe-wise Daniel Bryan and Shane McMahon came up with that list of "contenders" for the WWE Title. Kevin Owens is the current US Champ, with AJ as his #1 contender, so neither of them being in does make sense. But what has Jinder Mahal done to warrant being put in such a spot? Or Erik Rowan? At least Mojo won the Andre Battle Royal, so that kayfabe sort of puts him in contention. Where is Baron Corbin? Nakamura? Heck, even Tye Dillinger would make more sense than either Jinder or Rowan. I give them credit for giving some different guys the spotlight, but there has to be some sort of reasoning behind it. Maybe they'll explain it at the top of the show? I dunno. This just seems like a bad idea.

Easy. They are the land of opportunity, so they took a bunch of guys who probably were not gonna get a legitimate title opportunity without being given a shot, and gave them a shot.

22 minutes ago, El Dragon said:

Easy. They are the land of opportunity, so they took a bunch of guys who probably were not gonna get a legitimate title opportunity without being given a shot, and gave them a shot.

Kayfabe why would they ever get a legit opportunity? Neither Jinder or Rowan has won a match in ages. Dillinger has a better case for being in the match than both of them. He's got a groundswell of support and has actually won a couple of matches in a row since moving over.

47 minutes ago, cwoy2j said:

Kayfabe why would they ever get a legit opportunity? Neither Jinder or Rowan has won a match in ages. Dillinger has a better case for being in the match than both of them. He's got a groundswell of support and has actually won a couple of matches in a row since moving over.

Same reason that Apollo gave Rocky his title match. 

Rowan actually did well in his last match with Orton. He wasn't pinned and got to lay Orton out with his finisher. 

This is weird, but over the last few days, I've noticed people on wreddit basically trying to revive the Sleaze Thread. Maybe it's just a coincidence or maybe people just can't leave shit alone, but I've seen plenty of people basically say the same things there that were said on here.

I almost want to say "don't go down this path," but then I'd actually have to post on reddit.

• Like 2