DVDVR Message Board

APRIL 2017 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

Coach has a hair up his ass about Meltzer which is a decent sign he is lying about something. 

Going thru his feed and another thing I find interesting is how he uses "fan" like a slur. Something he considers the ultimate insult. 

51 minutes ago, Lacelle said:

But what if JBL shot on Bas? 

If by "shot on" you mean "shot with a gun", that's his one chance of winning that fight. And even then, it's not that great a chance.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Victator said:

You know Walmart is publicly traded and are a million times shittier than WWE. 

If I can walk up to JBL and he can get me a pack of washcloths priced at approx. $0.50 per item, I'll take back every bad thought I've ever had about that Stan Hansen cosplaying orangutan.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, nate said:

If I can walk up to JBL and he can get me a pack of washcloths priced at approx. $0.50 per item, I'll take back every bad thought I've ever had about that Stan Hansen cosplaying orangutan.

I don't see why he couldn't.

On 4/2/2017 at 8:14 PM, Victator said:

I think in regards to this Mauro situation, people are being too hard on JBL. He has done crummy things in the past, but the Mauro stuff seems mild. 

As a mentally ill person myself, I have had more issues than Detective Comics and more episodes than Gunsmoke. I know I have turned molehills into mountains. 

It seems Mauro has serious issues and working for WWE is difficult under the best circumstances. This just seems like JBL was poking fun and did not have malice. 

Not to excuse past behavior. Just looking at this as a stand alone case

I agree but in the social media age everything is magnified, Mauro is the best announcer they have outside of JR ofcoarse but Its difficult with the 3 man teams these days and people like JBL get the urge to put themselves over with the audience on commentary hurts things too. I dont watch much WWE TV outside the Network shows and PPVs but I like to hear him call the matches again soon

• Like 1

3 hours ago, odessasteps said:

Is this like how Beadle quit being friendly with them because of Mayweather? How long did that last?

About the same amount of time that it took her to process her continued stanning of Steve Austin even though he beat the shit out of Debra and thus she somehow turned a morally reasonable position about Money being a piece of shit woman beater into more than a hint that she was a fucking bigot?

Like, fuck most of the people mentioned in this thread in the past couple pages, from JBL to Orton to Joey Styles. They're all even shittier than is normal for typical humans. Except Steamboat, he's cool.

Lamont's cool too, that big dummy.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Smelly McUgly said:

Like, fuck most of the people mentioned in this thread in the past couple pages, from JBL to Orton to Joey Styles. They're all even shittier than is normal for typical humans.

What exactly did Orton or even Styles do? Orton got his act together in 07 and Styles has crappy political views, but that could be said about a decent amount of people. 

Even JBL's biggest crime since 2010 was teasing a guy about a WON award  I'd be more bothered they gave Matt Striker the award in 08. 

11 hours ago, Casey said:

I think the real asshole is probably Ken Shamrock for adding fuel to the fire.

I was just going to say that was the funniest part.  For Shamrock and Blackman to be together and Shamrock to be all "Yeah, I bet Bradshaw could kick your ass...yeah, that's prolly what'll happen...man you really got lucky back there that Bradshaw didn't take you down. A guy like that could hurt you pretty bad..."

...is just so devious. Like how could he even be saying that with a straight face?

And the fact that he knew Blackman was dumb enough not to see through it.

• Like 2

I'm watching Smokey Mountain Wrestling 1993 and Kevin Sullivan had a very good heel run that nobody talks about. The segment where he slaughters Kanemura is gruesome. Kanemura bleeds every where and blades his arm. It is so graphic they have to throw the red X up. 

Cornette said Kanemura asked permission but did not imagine it would be that bad. 

Later in the show Arn Anderson and the Rock and Rolls do a promo to promote the street fight vs The Stud Stable and the Heavenly Bodies. But Arn looks kinda shell shocked and talks about Kanemura most of the time. 

Great hour of TV 

11 hours ago, Web Conn said:

So Ranallo is gone. Which is too bad cuz I thought he brought an interesting presective to SmackDown. Hopefully we grt Him and Barnett back on New Japan on AXS.

Meltz:

• Jim Ross confirmed that he'll still be calling NJPW on AXS even after returning to WWE. As Dave Meltzer has reported in the Observer, Ross has a non-exclusive deal with AXS and officials from the station expected him to continue.

On 4/7/2017 at 2:01 PM, SorceressKnight said:

Isn't there a rule of thumb that a wrestler can expect to get at least one concussion in training, solely by the act of learning to fall properly? 

I fucked my neck up literally two rolls into my proper training (which came after I had already done two shows).  I've had problems with it ever since.  Also, two documented concussions.  Probably more considering I got horsecollared with a chair once.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Super Ape said:

Coachman announced on Twitter he's done covering WWE. I think losing ESPN coverage might be the straw that breaks the camel's back re: JBL.

Maybe it also has to do with ESPN going through some restructuring (lota people getting axed). Kinda similar to when WWE had that clearing house around when they launched their Network.

27 minutes ago, Michael Sweetser said:

I fucked my neck up literally two rolls into my proper training (which came after I had already done two shows).  I've had problems with it ever since.  Also, two documented concussions.  Probably more considering I got horsecollared with a chair once.

Mikey Whipwreck told a story about Foley pleading with him to tuck his head on bumps. That it would eventually catch up with him. Which Mikey confirmed he did.

Just now, Victator said:

Mikey Whipwreck told a story about Foley pleading with him to tuck his head on bumps. That it would eventually catch up with him. Which Mikey confirmed he did.

I *did* get *that* message very early on.  Tucking is probably all that saved me from my neck being snapped a few times, including once in a battle royal (got thrown over, no distance, went straight down vertically).

2 hours ago, Michael Sweetser said:

It's far, far easier to get concussed than most people would think, which is why the head-dropping stuff just makes me cringe.  If you had told me that I could get a concussion from sliding in a baseball game I would have laughed at you, but all it takes is an impact great enough to move the brain within the skull a tiny bit and you have a concussion. One of my two was from accidently hitting a guy's knee with my head, okay, that's to be expected. The other, simply the impact of two-hundred and forty pounds hitting the ground for a slide. I came down wrong and was out before I hit the bag.