DVDVR Message Board

APRIL 2017 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

5 hours ago, NikoBaltimore said:

I don't know if that's a joke, but I would seriously plunk down money towards this.  You might be onto something there.

I'm trying hard not to go "Fuck JBL" for Mauro's situation, but it's hard not to.  Unless Mauro denies JBL being the reason given the track record it's hard not to believe he had a huge hand in this.  If it was one person taking issue with stuff JBL's done, then it can go either way.  But when multiple people have come out and said all the heinous things he's done?  Now that'd be cause to really pressure WWE to cut him immediately.

So try as I might I just can't avoid saying it:  Fuck JBL.

Can't we just have Joey Styles beat his ass again and take his seat?

• Like 2

Isn't the whole "Styles knocked out JBL" thing total bullshit? If I recall correctly , which is a total crapshoot, what actually happened was that Styles did indeed stand up to him and hit him, but the whole knockout thing was just Internet bullshit.

And Styles is an ultra right wing cunt, so fuck him. And before anyone says "But JBL...Fox News... he played a racist on TV so he must really be one cause Texas and accent"..putting aside what he may or may not have done, at this point of time, the dude is not a racist.   Watch the JBL Legends shows and that's pretty clear. Shit, during the Micheal Hayes interview he looks right at him and says the Confederate flag is offensive and represents hate and evil, and he's not that good of an actor to be that convincing. By the way , Hayes' reaction is priceless. And does anyone really think that Mauro's bi polar issues are all just "JBL WAS MEAN"? Stop it. The ailment is so amazingly complicated and unpredictable and awful, that being in the dopey wrestling bubble about it is just stupid. 

Besides, Vince in his headset yelling at him is far more likely to have put him on edge. :)

And more importantly, Shane McMahon's jeans are disturbingly tight. That style needs to go away.

• Like 7

Just read the Bix thing on Deadspin and the other article linked there, and that's some particularly low shit, even for wrestling.

I'd read somewhere that McMahon didn't like Ranallo, which is his right. So just man up and fire him, pay him for the rest of his contract, whatever you need to do, just wash your hands of him. But instead, he sends in his goon Layfield to harass a guy who has a much-talked-about problem with depression? Jeezis, how fucking low is that? Maybe I'm a lil' too sensitive here because I'm bipolar, etc., etc., but this just seems unnecessarily scummy.

• Like 5

And while I'm ranting, can we please stop with the "Randy Orton is an asshole! Shits in bags !" stuff? Number one, the shit story has been debunked, and even if it's true, it happened a long time ago. 

I heard an interview with him a few years ago where he totally owned up to being a giant asshole in his youth. He offered no excuses, owned it. But now, he's a happily married guy who is chill and grown up. This weird fan obsession with never letting people move on from shit they once did that they read online is bizarre.

People change and evolve, even pro wrestlers.

• Like 11

Vince is an alpha and in his eyes you are nothing unless you can prove yourself to be one too. You know men are men type stuff.

Vince is probably one of these guys who has bipolar himself (well duh) but since he comes from a time when he was told "what are you crying about...i'll give you something to cry about...be a man" he see's anyone showing any kind of emotional weakness as being inferior period. DEPRESSION? THE FUCK WE EVEN HIRE THIS GUY FOR? I good shrink could make a career writing books just on Vince's entire life decade by decade.

10 minutes ago, jstout said:

Just read the Bix thing on Deadspin and the other article linked there, and that's some particularly low shit, even for wrestling.

I'd read somewhere that McMahon didn't like Ranallo, which is his right. So just man up and fire him, pay him for the rest of his contract, whatever you need to do, just wash your hands of him. But instead, he sends in his goon Layfield to harass a guy who has a much-talked-about problem with depression? Jeezis, how fucking low is that? Maybe I'm a lil' too sensitive here because I'm bipolar, etc., etc., but this just seems unnecessarily scummy.

Ok hold on. Vince hired a guy, didn't like him, but instead of letting him go he tells JBL to bust his balls about winning a dopey award, and that sends Mauro into a spiral? Come on. I'm sure work pressures are a part of this, but it's totally shit we don't know about. The wrestling bubble makes Layfield the bad guy cause of preconceived horseshit and the fact that it's easier to do that.

• Like 1

Your defending JBL is weird. There's more than enough personal accounts of JBL being a total dick. So either EVERYONE is lying and making a big deal out of it, or this is all being blown out of proportion.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Johnny Sorrow said:

So Joey is a cheap shot artist AND a right wing cunt.

Well according to most sources, JBL had been picking a fight with Styles the entire trip. 

I said a few days ago most accounts of Bradshaw being an asshole happened a decade ago. The stuff with Mauro seems very mild. 

I can't believe he has not dealt with worse in wrestling or mma. But WWE seems to be the only wrestling company with a toxic culture even for announcers. 

Cornette on his podcast, said being a manager he avoided a good amount of the crap the wrestlers did by being a manager. Pushing him around would not have accomplished very much. 

3 hours ago, Johnny Sorrow said:

"Has bi-polar"? I had it once. Got it from a stripper I dated. Got a shot from the clinic and it cleared right up. 

JBL apologist...

Humblebrag, predatory relationships with strippers, rinse, repeat, yawn.

• Like 4

Blackman overreacted but JBL was being a dick and fucking around with him when he clearly was in no mood for it. Taking out a guy's knee is probably a bit much but if some drunk asshole kept smacking me on the ass, I'd probably knock the piss out of him too.