DVDVR Message Board

APRIL 2017 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

The name on the marque says "The Old Men of Internet Wrestling". 

Wrestlemania 33 is as many years from Wrestlemania 1 as Wrestlemania 1 was from the end of the Korean war. 

Now I will take my daily medication and go chase some kids off my lawn. Damn.

• Like 11

10 minutes ago, joseph2112 said:

The name on the marque says "The Old Men of Internet Wrestling". 

Wrestlemania 33 is as many years from Wrestlemania 1 as Wrestlemania 1 was from the end of the Korean war. 

Now I will take my daily medication and go chase some kids off my lawn. Damn.

In Back to the Future, they were in 1985 and went back 30 years to 1955. Doc Brown went to 2015 at the end of the movie. It's now 2017.

giphy.gif

• Like 6

I didn't see the match so I'm just going by what someone said in last month's thread, but is it true that Matt Riddle took the mic after the Severn match and said "we didn't plan anything we just beat the shit out of each other," like how every match is supposed to be presented? Am I the only one that finds that bothersome?

• Like 2

Pretty much yes. The only thing I'll say that helps him is context. It was on a show featuring an invisible man and so much other goofy shit that by the time he was sending people home at 3 AM, kayfabe was long dead already. 

1 hour ago, MORELOCK said:

I didn't see the match so I'm just going by what someone said in last month's thread, but is it true that Matt Riddle took the mic after the Severn match and said "we didn't plan anything we just beat the shit out of each other," like how every match is supposed to be presented? Am I the only one that finds that bothersome?

After a great 6-pack elimination match on CWF Mid-Atlantic recently, Trevor Lee says something like, "It's for your applause that I do what I do." 

These kinds of comments are bothersome to me. I know kayfabe is dead, but at least pretend. At a broadway show or an opera, the actors would come out after and take bows. But rasslin is supposed to work differently. 

To me, anyway. 

• Like 1

Jacque Rougeau is a really underrated performer. Randomly put on a Raw from '93 (Bobby Heenan's last show) and the Quebuccers (sp) are just murdering this jobber. There's also a bonkers Shawn/Kid match on here too. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Web Conn said:

Well didn't get New Japan G1Special tickets, I was at Wrestlecon and lost track of time. Anyone here end up with tickets?

I got tickets for both shows. It would be insane for them to not move it to the arena and see just how many people they can draw. 

6 hours ago, Oyaji said:

It was on a show featuring an invisible man and so much other goofy shit that by the time he was sending people home at 3 AM, kayfabe was long dead already. 

I thought the Invisible Man retired after his big win in one of the Cheech and Chong movies. Good to (not) see that he's still alive and well.

6 hours ago, Hagan said:

Jacques Rougeau is a really underrated performer. Randomly put on a Raw from '93 (Bobby Heenan's last show) and the Quebecers are just murdering this jobber. There's also a bonkers Shawn/Kid match on here too. 

fixed

The thing is the Enzo and Cass routine works really well in a small venue of smarks, not so good on the big stage. Sadly, the same could be said of the Vaudevillains,  although that's more a matter of the general audience being too ignorant to get the routine.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Ultimo Necro said:

John Cena v Invisible Man for WM next year.

15 minutes of an empty ring, Cena going over.

Have it this year during the musical performance.

The World's Sweetest Man, Jervis Cottonwood, has gone heel. Or perhaps his evil twin hacked his account. Or maybe he's just having an off day, and he'll be fine at 12:01.