DVDVR Message Board

Smackdown is... Something About A Crucifix? - 3/28/2017

Dolfan in NYC

6 hours ago, Victator said:

Without Maryse, Miz would be rightfully losing to Bo Dallas on Main Event.

On both a personal and professional level, Maryse might have been the best thing that ever happened to Miz.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Reed said:

In fairness to Dean, after reading about tarantula hawks I am scared too.

According to Wikipedia: The stinger of a female Pepsis grossa can be up to 7 mm (1⁄4 in) long, and the sting is considered the third most painful insect sting in the world, behind only that of the bullet ant and the Warrior wasp.

I got stung by a single bullet ant when I spent a few months in a cabin in the Colombian jungle (long story). If the tarantula hawk is right behind that, count me in as frightened to the point of 'I'll trip my wife if it means that I don't get stung' of them too.

• Like 5

I forgot that I think my favourite part of the show is that they've presented Becky as the likable girl who's full of fire and seldom cheats, Naomi is the energetic likable girl who does exciting moves, Mickie is the veteran who saw the errors of her ways and now fights the bad girls, Alexa is the evil champion but she always comes out on top, Nattie is kind of a tweener in that she sometimes fights faces and sometimes not, Carmella is the heel-iest heel: bragging and dancing and never winning.  And in the background of most of the mathches you can see a young girl, probably 10-12 dressed up like Carmella with a sign that says "Moon-Walking, Trash-Talking" and it made me laugh and go "Man, kids are so weird, you never know who they're going to like."  Like what would possess any young girl to be a huge Carmella fan?!  About the only reason I could see is if they were in or around Staten Island.  But that girl had a great big sign and was super-excited when Carmella came out.

13 hours ago, Burgundy LaRue said:

Haven't Maryse and Kelly Kelly alluded to that in the past, though?

Basically,  yeah. Kelly/Maryse/Bellas were all friends... then the Total Divas thing happened and they fell out of all a sudden. Kelly/Maryse hated the Bellas after it (from what i gather).

It's why Maryse is so mean and bitter towards Nikki these days, IMO.

That quote about Nikki never having kids of her own was some cruel psychological shit. Even by wrestling standards.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Burgundy LaRue said:

The problem with Cena criticizing Miz/Maryse for not having kids is it's safe to assume they together have made choices regarding their potential family. So far, Cena has made the decisions about marriage and children in his relationship on his own.  That looks to be changing, granted.

But that's sort of why Miz looks better on some level.  Because Maryse has agency in their lives.  She has a say, she probably makes a lot of decisions for both of them.  Based on what we've seen, Cena dictates every term in he and Nikki's relationship.  That's breaking the fourth wall, but this feud has been toeing that line as it is.

Am i a horrible person for hoping all of this ends with Cena turning heel on Nikki and joining with Miz and Maryse for the new Two Man Power Trip as Al Roker looks on in horror?

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Matt D said:

Am i a horrible person for hoping all of this ends with Cena turning heel on Nikki and joining with Miz and Maryse for the new Two Man Power Trip as Al Roker looks on in horror?

I feel like the only place for Nikki to go as a character from there would be for all of the other women to rally behind her and participate in one of those ceremonies where she marries herself at Summerslam. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Burgundy LaRue said:

The problem with Cena criticizing Miz/Maryse for not having kids is it's safe to assume they together have made choices regarding their potential family. So far, Cena has made the decisions about marriage and children in his relationship on his own.  That looks to be changing, granted.

But that's sort of why Miz looks better on some level.  Because Maryse has agency in their lives.  She has a say, she probably makes a lot of decisions for both of them.  Based on what we've seen, Cena dictates every term in he and Nikki's relationship.  That's breaking the fourth wall, but this feud has been toeing that line as it is.

Miz's main point in this feud has always been: "I've treated Maryse better than Cena ever treated Nikki."  The real power Miz has. 

It's why Cena will have to propose eventually.  

This whole program is surreal and wacky and honestly astounding to watch.

When you get that Miz/Mayse probably have more of a future than Nikki/Cena do. 

2 hours ago, Roman said:

According to Wikipedia: The stinger of a female Pepsis grossa can be up to 7 mm (1⁄4 in) long, and the sting is considered the third most painful insect sting in the world, behind only that of the bullet ant and the Warrior wasp.

I got stung by a single bullet ant when I spent a few months in a cabin in the Colombian jungle (long story). If the tarantula hawk is right behind that, count me in as frightened to the point of 'I'll trip my wife if it means that I don't get stung' of them too.

Tarantula hawk for the next Smackdown title shot.

One researcher described the pain as "…immediate, excruciating, unrelenting pain that simply shuts down one's ability to do anything, except scream. Mental discipline simply does not work in these situations."

Yes, that has definitely been my reaction to the Bray/Orton feud.

• Like 7

46 minutes ago, (BP) said:

I feel like the only place for Nikki to go as a character from there would be for all of the other women to rally behind her and participate in one of those ceremonies where she marries herself at Summerslam. 

Someone needs to book this ASAP.  All the buys!

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Roman said:

With his tag team partner, Sting?

2 hours ago, Roman said:

Hawk died. Sting retired. Bullet Ant, I think, is dead in Chikara storyline now.

We're safe.

• Like 3

You don't know how happy I am that this has derailed from talk of Corbin v Ambrose to an animal planet-esque discussion of the Tarantula Hawk.  

By the way, my photo of a Tarantula Hawk I saw when doing a dragonfly walk in Arizona in 2009:

Tarantula Hawk - San Pedro River San Manuel, AZ - 05/05/09

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Reed said:

On both a personal and professional level, Maryse might have been the best thing that ever happened to Miz.

Miz himself would likely agree with you.  Does Cena feel the same way about Nikki personally? (because he was already on top professionally) Again, even as a heel, Miz comes across better for a reason.

• Like 2

Miz also has a habit of using his wife as a human shield when he talks shit he's not willing to back up.  That doesn't exactly reflect well on him.

So assuming Styles beats Shane, then what?  Does he get his title match (which he's still entitled to) at the next ppv?  And how overwhelmingly pro-AJ is the crowd going to be?

4 hours ago, Rev Ray said:

You don't know how happy I am that this has derailed from talk of Corbin v Ambrose to an animal planet-esque discussion of the Tarantula Hawk.  

By the way, my photo of a Tarantula Hawk I saw when doing a dragonfly walk in Arizona in 2009:

I had to mount one of these things for a bug collection project back in 7th grade. Blew my mind how fucking huge they were when I had to take one out of the jar that was persevering them. The wonders of having a dad who is the go-to for anything agricultural in the area is access to bugs that no one else does.

The Miz/Maryse vs Nikki/Cena analysis seems to be getting into the tropey "heels are actually babyfaces" territory. Recall this all started when Maryse beat the shit out of Nikki with a lead pipe for bumping into her, and then her and her husband decided to publicly berate and ridicule someone else's personal life because they themselves are rich, beautiful and married. Miz and Maryse have been insanely entertaining but at no point should you be agreeing with them. Literally, they're trying to break another couple apart by playing mind-games and fucking with another woman's' self-esteem.

And the reality show's are nearly 100% scripted, with the exception of real world shit intruding. 

I feel some of you rooted for Randy and Liz during their feud with DDP and Kimberly, too. "Well, DDP is a pretty sleazy dude so him and his wife deserve to be shamed and spraypainted." 

• Like 8

4 hours ago, Rev Ray said:

giphy.gif

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Rev Ray said:

You don't know how happy I am that this has derailed from talk of Corbin v

I am happy to read that an Admin approves of moving off of subjects involving Corbin's opponent.

Hey everyone, is there any word on Shelton Benjamin coming back to SD yet?