DVDVR Message Board

Raw Is Telegraphing Wrestlemania - 3/27/2017

Dolfan in NYC

So I know I'm in the minority but Braun is right where he should be. He's an upper midcarder with nothing to do at the moment so the ATGMBR is a good place, especially because we can get two payoffs in the show. I figure we'll get a spot where Braun manhandles Big Show out of the ring and the finish will be Braun and Sami as the last two, Braun toys with Sami and Sami hits a few moves and Helluva Kick's Bruan over the top rope.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Eivion said:

That was a good match, one of the better ones from that show.

My sarcasm is a puzzle wrapped in a riddle. :)

I am also old and dumb and have purged that card from my active memory.

I was thinking about this while watching RAW....who is actually the top face on RAW? Roman gets booed out of the building, People are still lukewarm on the Rollins face turn. Goldberg is the Champ, but will be losing and going away after Sunday. Could maybe make an argument for Jericho now with his face turn against Owens, but he also will be going away after Mania. Would it be Sami Zayn as the most over regularly used on TV top face of RAW?

I could have sworn they were calling The Undertaker "big dog" at one point.  It's the fight for the yard and the fight to trademark the nickname "Big Dog". 

Also, Finn Balor is the most over face when he returns and I'm thinking they are heading towards a feud with some sort of HHH/NXT Faction. 

Would that be cool?  Maybe..  I don't think it's the worst idea.

Seth is definitely the #1 face right now. People are confusing overness with writing quality. He gets good pops every week and seems to move a lot of merch based on my live-show eye-test. Feuds with HHH and Taker are about equal status.

I agree Finn will shoot back to the top, though when he comes back. Seth will probably resume his feud with Joe that got cut short.

With how much praise Gallows and Anderson have been receiving lately for their personalities, I wouldn't be at all shocked if they're paired with Finn and....they're all heels because how dare the Good Brothers get themselves over and we can't have Finn challenging Rollins or Roman's spot as top babyface, even though the smart thing to do would be keeping Finn a face to move a ton of merch.

And when I say heel, I mean an actual heel, not HHH's bullshit handwaving description of Roman as a heel.

1 hour ago, Brysynner said:

So I know I'm in the minority but Braun is right where he should be. He's an upper midcarder with nothing to do at the moment so the ATGMBR is a good place, especially because we can get two payoffs in the show. I figure we'll get a spot where Braun manhandles Big Show out of the ring and the finish will be Braun and Sami as the last two, Braun toys with Sami and Sami hits a few moves and Helluva Kick's Bruan over the top rope.

I think people forget how green Braun still is.  He spent his first year on the main roster wearing a black sheep mask and going BOO! to anyone who messed with the Wyatts. He's improved tremendously since the brand split, but I wouldn't put him in the position of having to carry the bulk of a WM match.

11 hours ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

I could have sworn they were calling The Undertaker "big dog" at one point.  It's the fight for the yard and the fight to trademark the nickname "Big Dog".

They've been billing this as "The Big Dog vs. The ORIGINAL Big Dog!" as of late. Reminds me of HHH/Taker at 27 when they said there could only be one "Last Outlaw"

Lame.

Going from being "an immortal re-animated zombie who commands to power of wind, fog, lightning and an army of drone-priests who may/may not be the deformed disembodied specters of the hundreds of men who you have interred in the earth on an endless quest to find a single living person who can withstand your awesome force and send you back into the eternal infernal vortex from which you came" to being "the biggest dog in the yard" is what I would call a demotion.

• Like 9

Instead of Rollins sitting down like HHH's dog, he should have walked over with his hand extended and then dope slapped him right across the face. Just big ol, open hand bitch slap. Then HHH is pissed and he signs the contract first and gives Rollins some heat.

• Like 4

19 hours ago, piranesi said:

Lame.

Going from being "an immortal re-animated zombie who commands to power of wind, fog, lightning and an army of drone-priests who may/may not be the deformed disembodied specters of the hundreds of men who you have interred in the earth on an endless quest to find a single living person who can withstand your awesome force and send you back into the eternal infernal vortex from which you came" to being "the biggest dog in the yard" is what I would call a demotion.

Not if you're Cerberus.

• Like 2

I don't know how much of Seth's knee is a work (as in, is it still not 100%), but with Triple H working with Finn on house shows, I would've loved if Seth swerved Triple H at the contract signing and was all, "You know what, you're right: I'm not good to go. But I know someone who is..." [cue Finn's music, cue fans flipping out, cue Triple H losing his shit, etc.]

43 minutes ago, Burgundy LaRue said:

Not if you're Cerberus.

Interesting.  Underneath it all, The Undertaker's mythology is overlaid on a basic Christian ethos.  The Roman Empire? Pantheistic paganism.

They should be billing this as a metaphysical battle for the primacy of one cosmology over another...and in the process a possible mandated lifestyle change for large sections of the globe.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Marty Sugar said:

I don't know how much of Seth's knee is a work (as in, is it still not 100%), but with Triple H working with Finn on house shows, I would've loved if Seth swerved Triple H at the contract signing and was all, "You know what, you're right: I'm not good to go. But I know someone who is..." [cue Finn's music, cue fans flipping out, cue Triple H losing his shit, etc.]

The problem with that is Rollins blatantly bragged about injuring Balor last August.  So while Balor fighting HHH isn't a bad idea, I don't know how they get him on Rollins' side without an on-screen apology.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Marty Sugar said:

Only if they get a close-up of HHH throwing his hands up and saying "Awww, not Finn Balor!"

• Like 3

On 3/28/2017 at 5:24 PM, Burgundy LaRue said:

I think people forget how green Braun still is.  He spent his first year on the main roster wearing a black sheep mask and going BOO! to anyone who messed with the Wyatts. He's improved tremendously since the brand split, but I wouldn't put him in the position of having to carry the bulk of a WM match.

I heard a Triple H interview where he said he was backstage with Vince and they were watching a Braun match. Vince got frustrated b/c Braun did the opposite of what Vince told him to do a couple of times. Vince said something to the effect of, "what's the matter with this guy? Does he not get it?" and HHH goes, "Vince, the guy hasn't even wrestled 100 matches yet".