DVDVR Message Board

Raw Is Telegraphing Wrestlemania - 3/27/2017

Dolfan in NYC

11 minutes ago, Burgundy LaRue said:

It was just so uncalled for.  Everyone knows Nikki is with Cena, Nattie is married to Tyson Kidd, etc. So it's OK to chant sexist BS at them?  I would have harpooned more than a few of those guys if I had been in the audience.  I'm not into dealing with any of the -isms and phobias with kid gloves these days.

I'm not disagreeing with anything you're saying. Mostly smirking smugly at your strong phrasing. You're clearly in the right.

1 hour ago, Burgundy LaRue said:

Sheamus may be iffy for Sunday. He got beaned in the head with a ladder and you can literally see several inches into his skull.

Yikes!

Favorite part of tonight was Owens throwing Sami in to the announce table and Michael Cole excitedly telling us the table moved several FEET when it obviously didn't move at all.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

The funny (actually sad) thing about Braun's placement at WrestleMania beyond what's been said is that tonight on the go home show this dude cut a fucking MONEY promo too.  It made me want to see Braun and Show again.  Seriously.  and yet they are in the battle royal on the pre show, amazing

Strauman's promo boiled him down to being Beefcake-era Erc Carman.

"Screw you guys, I do what I waaaant!" and I'm surprised Vince didn't have him throw in a "Cash me outside, howbahdah?!"

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Zac_Fu said:

"Screw you guys, I do what I waaaant!" and I'm surprised Vince didn't have him throw in a "Cash me outside, howbahdah?!"

Vince's go to guy for "edgy content" is Jerry Springer". We're gonna be Vince's head in a jar territory before they do something that modern.

I missed the first two hours of the show. I'm sure if I'm inclined I can find them online or what ever. Judging by what I've read it sounds like I would have been very depressed sitting through this show as they continue to destroy Bayley.

The only possible thing that would make interested in Rollins/Triple H is Balor saving Rollins and it leading up to some epic modern version of the great Ole Anderson swerve on Dusty Rhodes. Finn is all buddy buddy with Seth in the greater good against Triple H and just when the moment is right...BOOOM. Finn gets his revenge for Seth injuring him.

And as an added bonus the good brother's come out to help and The Club is reborn. I would love to see this take place over a year leading into next years Mania, but the WWE would probably do this over a span of 3 months tops and Rollns would go over them all. Why would I want to see this? Because I can't stand Seth FREAKING Rollins. Having him as this Triple H clone was so dumb and now having him be "the guy" to be the one to slay the king. HA.

I kinda hope Braun runs in on the Roman/Taker match and just lays em both out. ITS MY YARD NOW. That's the only acceptable outcome.

35 minutes ago, Zac_Fu said:

I was actually thinking more along the lines of Satan from South Park due to similarities in voice and stature.

5 hours ago, Craig H said:

Actually, here's a decent question...When was the last good to really good go home Raw before WrestleMania? I remember that used to be the show I looked forward to more than most, even more than the day after Raw.

And when did that become a thing?

The Raw after WM 14 was one of the most paradigm-shifting shows WWE has ever done, but that was a "right place right time" kind of thing. The self-aware trend kicked off after 28, with the Daniel Bryan love fest.

Also, on tonight's show, Seth cut a good face promo and Roman cut a good heel promo. That was surprising. Also, the women had their most effortlessly good match on the main roster which was nice to see. Took me back to 2015 NXT.

I went to last night's show and it was a pretty fun experience.  I've been super down on Raw for the past month or so, so I'm not sure how this came across on TV, but it was fun as shit live.

Roman Reigns was the most over heel in the place, it was astounding.  They even booed his face on video packages during commercial breaks.

3 hours ago, FluffSnackwell said:

I'm actually hoping Rollins fails against Triple H now just so he can look like a knob for breaking out that goddamn Kingslayer t-shirt. So what kind of epic Game Of Thrones cosplay do we get for Triple H's ring entrance?

I hope he has a horse. Hunter's entrance and another potential Tatanka-esque appearance in the battle royal are pretty much all I'm looking forward to this year.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

So, we know the following:

• Lesnar's winning
  • Owens' winning
  • Bayley's losing
  • The Club's winning

At least Owens-Zayn was okay? 

You missed "Aries's winning."

Angry Neville is so fucking awesome and the Jack Gallagher Mary Poppins spot makes me love him even more.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, J.T. said:

Sami Zayn is like a high profile Sam Houston now.  The plucky underdog that never gets his dramatic upset.

Houston was 22 in 1985. Zayn's 32. Tito was ~38 when he was playing this role in this match. 

7 hours ago, PetrolCB said:

It was Toronto, you idiot!

Brock was spotted at a Jets game earlier this winter (when he left his massive farm, I guess) with the family and kids, and was given a Winnipeg Jets jersey. That is what odessa is referencing. But the steel plate coming back would have been tremendous!