DVDVR Message Board

Raw Is Telegraphing Wrestlemania - 3/27/2017

Dolfan in NYC

Brock really should try to avoid the spear. Also, Goldberg got a great reaction in Philly so I hope that ends the narrative that fans don't care about him or are down on this match. 

Pretty good final push for Mania. 

• Like 2

This show sucked. 

Though it wouldn't have made sense, maybe, but I was really hoping Finn was coming out instead of Jericho. And I love Jericho. 

Oh well. I'm still gonna watch the damn roller coaster of whatever it is they're calling Mania. 

1 minute ago, odessasteps said:

My advice: steel plate under his winnipeg jets sweater. 

Well we know it won't be a Vikings jersey, they already cut him years ago for having difficulty versus football tackles.

• Like 3

Did they make the tag title match a ladder match?  With the heavy use of the ladder during all the tag segments it looked like that's what they were going for, but I wasn't really paying attention to most of the show.

I'll be watching all of Mania, but that's only bc I work on Sunday nights and it's something to have on in the background.

Braun should start calling Ryback to get a sense for what the next 24 months are going to be like.

I shouldn't still be pissed off at how they're going out of their way to cool off Braun, but I am. For fucking once I want them to not drag their feet with getting behind someone who is legitimately a special act at the moment. And you can focus on the "at the moment" part, but getting behind someone at that time goes a long way towards cementing them in as something really special.

Aries vs Neville on the pre-show is another load of bullshit that pisses me off. The musical act being on the show is fine. Whatever. It's a long fucking show and I'll take anything other than "My House" again. Where I have a problem is when you take that musical segment and however many segments New Day will have, whatever the Rock does because you know he'll be there, whatever Hogan does because I'm sure he'll make a surprise return, I wouldn't be shocked to see something dumb with Hornswaggle because that seems like such a Vince McMahon thing to do, etc. etc. Aries and Neville probably only need 12 minutes to do their thing and it would be the perfect opening match to get the crowd hotter than hot.

Ugh. Another year, another go home Raw where I question why I still watch this shit.

• Like 2

Actually, here's a decent question...When was the last good to really good go home Raw before WrestleMania? I remember that used to be the show I looked forward to more than most, even more than the day after Raw.

And when did that become a thing? I went to the day after Raw the last time WrestleMania was in Chicago and that wasn't anything really special outside of Umaga's debut. So that's 10 or 11 years ago. I don't remember the Raw after WM 23 being that crazy either. Did it start with the Raw after WM 28? That was when the crowd was really going fucking crazy with the Yes chants and everything else they could chant.

The funny (actually sad) thing about Braun's placement at WrestleMania beyond what's been said is that tonight on the go home show this dude cut a fucking MONEY promo too.  It made me want to see Braun and Show again.  Seriously.  and yet they are in the battle royal on the pre show, amazing

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Craig H said:

I remember that used to be the show I looked forward to more than most, even more than the day after Raw.

And when did that become a thing? I went to the day after Raw the last time WrestleMania was in Chicago and that wasn't anything really special outside of Umaga's debut. So that's 10 or 11 years ago. I don't remember the Raw after WM 23 being that crazy either. Did it start with the Raw after WM 28? That was when the crowd was really going fucking crazy with the Yes chants and everything else they could chant.

The Raw after WM28 sounds about right. The Raw after WM29 was where Fandango'ing was the big thing. I want to see the Raw after Mania more than Mania itself. I enjoy when crowds hijack the show. They pay their money. I say go crazy with chants and whatnot.

I think I told the story here before, but one other thing about the Raw after 22 in Chicago was at the end of the show. John Cena is in the ring after Raw goes off the air and is like, "What do I have to do to please you people? I don't know what else to do!" And we all proceeded to shit all over Cena. I swear, from that moment on, Chicago fucking hated Cena. It's the only time at a Raw, SD, or PPV that I've been to where someone legit whined to the crowd like that because he wasn't cheered. It was really pathetic. If nothing else, I suppose it was a good learning opportunity for Cena.

I was done giving post Mania Raw a pass two years ago when those fucking pigs whose testicles haven't even dropped started screaming "She screws this wrestler" during the women's match.  Go crawl back into your mother's diseased womb so she can miscarry you retroactively if that's something you find entertaining.

• Like 9

2 minutes ago, Burgundy LaRue said:

I was done giving post Mania Raw a pass two years ago when those fucking pigs whose testicles haven't even dropped started screaming "She screws this wrestler" during the women's match.  Go crawl back into your mother's diseased womb so she can miscarry you retroactively if that's something you find entertaining.

Surprised that one didn't make the WWE 24 highlight reel. 

Anyway, tell us how you really feel. 

• Like 2

I remember last year's post-Mania Raw being awesome (or maybe it was the one the week after that), especially considering how garbage the actual ppv was.  These are the shows that call ups debut and new angles get started up so there's a clean slate almost.  Plus the rowdy Mania crowd is there and able to make something interesting out of it even if the actual show is crap.

Twice a year or so they try to make Big Show (and usually Kane and Mark Henry as well) seem like a credible monster again, and every time he ends up taking time away from someone new who could actually use the push all the while the audience doesn't give a damn.  With someone with no prior experience, Strowman is really good.  He's showing he gets the business and can actually move for someone his size while using his power to the best of his advantage, and as mentioned actually cut a promo.  So many hosses come along like Ryback who can't work and are worth nothing more than a monster of the week, but in this case they've got a guy they can actually do something special with.

This show was a breezy watch if you watch it on the DVR.  With fast-forwarding recaps, endless interviews and commercials etc. etc. I think I ended up watching the whole thing in like 45 minutes.

BTW, the way Brock sold that spear-ish thing Goldberg did on the ramp, it really looked to me like he hurt himself trying to make it look good.  It would be kind of really funny if Brock couldn't wrestle on Sunday.

9 minutes ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

Surprised that one didn't make the WWE 24 highlight reel. 

Anyway, tell us how you really feel. 

It was just so uncalled for.  Everyone knows Nikki is with Cena, Nattie is married to Tyson Kidd, etc. So it's OK to chant sexist BS at them?  I would have harpooned more than a few of those guys if I had been in the audience.  I'm not into dealing with any of the -isms and phobias with kid gloves these days.

• Like 3