DVDVR Message Board

WWE BUYS THE WORLD~! (or maybe just ROH, some UK feds... I'm sure they would still like TNA's library)

RIPPA

3 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I find it funny that the areas that were ROH's strongest markets during the glory days (Philly, NYC, NJ) are markets that now don't get the syndicated show. My options for watching the syndicated show were limited to watching online and the period they were on Destination America. During the Gabe era, I gladly shelled out for every dvd. Now, buying an ROH dvd doesn't even cross my mind.

This New Jersey resident has been getting ROH on Sinclair every since it's been on.

3 minutes ago, Shibata Is My Homie said:

This New Jersey resident has been getting ROH on Sinclair every since it's been on.

What cable provider do you have? I have Optimum (Cablevision) and the only time I had ROH TV was the few months they were on DA.

Just now, Shibata Is My Homie said:

In the beautiful farm country in Salem County. I don't have a neighbor within 1500 yards of me.

Yeah, South Jersey is quite a bit different. My best friend's grandfather had a boat and shanty down in Fortesque. I remember seeing some people that could have passed for members of the Briscoe family.

• Like 1

I live in Levittown PA. The ROH dojo is in Bristol 10 minutes from my house. I recently noticed I get ROH on WMCN.and have been watching again for a few months. I used to go to the Murphy Rec center shows but I hate attending live shows. If WWE ruins ROH it's no big deal because other companies will just pop up with the talent WWE gets rid of. There will always be competition.

If this leads to more Dalton Castle on my TV I will be happy.

1 hour ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Central- Middlesex county

1 hour ago, Shibata Is My Homie said:

In the beautiful farm country in Salem County. I don't have a neighbor within 1500 yards of me.

Hah! Losers. I live in Burlington county, outside of Philly. Land of [placeholder snarky remark]!

I've always been told southern Jersey is basically Delaware which parts of believe its basically Virginia and proclaims "LONG LIVE DA CONFEDERACAAAW". It explains the Briscoes.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, odessasteps said:

I've always said jersey is 1/3 nyc suburb, 1/3 philly suburb and 1/3 swamp.

Pretty much. For some reason Jersey doesn't have its own tv stations. So depending on where you live your news covers what's happening in philly or NYC. So I know more about what is happening in Brooklyn than my own backyard. It's a strange place. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Per the WON update yesterday - Joe Koff is claiming that discussions were just about WWE licensing old footage from the library

Which, between contracts running out and the fact the WWE probably won't do anything interesting with the Briscoes, the only thing that really matters anyway?

Bingo

And Meltzer then followed up that on the radio show to say that is the story Koff is trying to sell to the ROH talent but the WWE people talking to Dave say that certainly isn't the case

Two sides are saying completely different things and in an effort to assure talent things are fine they're being lied to.  I would hope the talent tries to do some fact checking instead of taking Joe at face value.  If I found out what people like Dave found out then I'd see to go elsewhere ASAP.

19 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Bingo

And Meltzer then followed up that on the radio show to say that is the story Koff is trying to sell to the ROH talent but the WWE people talking to Dave say that certainly isn't the case

LOL this is some Sean Spicer shit right here

Maybe I don't remember it correctly, but wasn't Joe Koff known for being a shady dude when he first got involved with ROH. At the very least, I thought he wasn't well liked.