DVDVR Message Board

WWE BUYS THE WORLD~! (or maybe just ROH, some UK feds... I'm sure they would still like TNA's library)

RIPPA

I nitpick the syndicated show sure, but I still like the idea of it being on the Sinclair networks on the weekends. They still have solid matches, and the Christopher Daniels story arc has actually played out well.

• Like 2

They have the tools there to be a good promotion. Poor, lazy, unimaginative booking is holding them back. I actually think losing the Bucks and Cole may help them but the Bucks aren't going anywhere. How Dalton Castle isn't their champ or at least a TV champ at this point is absurd. His matches are good, sometimes very good, his character is the best thing ROH has had in a long time, and his promos are great. 

• Like 1

I heard that Dalton Castle has left/is leaving ROH? Along with Adam Cole and Bobby Fish? Was there any truth to that?

I guess my biggest fear of WWE buying ROH is that means that Corino/BJ Whitmer feud could continue

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Sammo~! said:

I heard that Dalton Castle has left/is leaving ROH? Along with Adam Cole and Bobby Fish? Was there any truth to that?

I guess my biggest fear of WWE buying ROH is that means that Corino/BJ Whitmer feud could continue

Now that would be cruel and inhumane punishment.  Please, WWE, if anything don't buy ROH so this doesn't theoretically happen!  Although Punishment Martinez would be worth using if they were so inclined.

But if this sale goes down at least Daniels finally became World Champion.  He was the one guy that didn't have it that really should have, especially after all this time.  And he's still really, really good so it's not like it's a token Lifetime Achievement award type thing.  So at least they got that right.

9 minutes ago, Sammo~! said:

Castle is getting a World Title shot against Daniels at the Supercard of Honor. Don't know if he's leaving, but he's not left yet.

As for Corino/Whitmer: Nooooooooo!

• Like 1

Here's another thing, if Sinclair sells to anyone there goes most of their television markets. They air on some none Sinclair channels but the majority of the markets they air in are on Sinclair stations. Their television presence will suffer greatly from Sinclair pulling out.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, piranesi said:

I'd like to think that whatever is happening is a long-con to make sure that there is nowhere left for Daniel Bryan to wrestle in a year and a half.

They won't know what Hoodslam is and Bryan will end up working matches with Drugz Bunny while dressed like Chun-Li. 

• Like 7

2 hours ago, Web Conn said:

Here's another thing, if Sinclair sells to anyone there goes most of their television markets. They air on some none Sinclair channels but the majority of the markets they air in are on Sinclair stations. Their television presence will suffer greatly from Sinclair pulling out.

I find it funny that the areas that were ROH's strongest markets during the glory days (Philly, NYC, NJ) are markets that now don't get the syndicated show. My options for watching the syndicated show were limited to watching online and the period they were on Destination America. During the Gabe era, I gladly shelled out for every dvd. Now, buying an ROH dvd doesn't even cross my mind.

2 minutes ago, Ryan said:

*Scrolls through thread without reading it* So, SWS is reforming with Tenryu and buying out WWF?

No, Nigel Mcguiness is actually the new Paul Heyman. ROH is the WCW/ECW Alliance and NXT is the WWF.

It will end in ROH vs. NXT at Survivor Series weekend in a winner take all 5 on 5 match.

3 minutes ago, zev said:

No, Nigel Mcguiness is actually the new Paul Heyman. ROH is the WCW/ECW Alliance and NXT is the WWF.

It will end in ROH vs. NXT at Survivor Series weekend in a winner take all 5 on 5 match.

Does that mean that Kyle O'Reilly was secretly taking creepy pictures of Tye Dillenger's wife? And Ohno and Austin Aeries were in discussion with joining ROH just before a 3 way for the title? But in the end it's Nakamura who leads the ROH Invasion for no reason?

• Like 4

Folks think of NXT as Triple H's gem.

Rollins had years in ROH and interrupted a Takeover event once already.

Their feud won't end at Mania, Rollins will lead the invasion.

As for creepy wife pictures, don't remind folks...as I think Whitmer was going that in his feud with Corino.

But the big question will be about Sami Zayn. "Whose side is he on?"

• Like 1

If WWE buys ROH and shutters it, I doubt they'd be interested in all but a handful of the guys still there. What it would do is re-stock the lower-tier indies and TNA. 

All in all, a pretty bad deal for wrestlers, though. WWE is slowly encroaching on the British scene, which is great, and killing ROH to add content to the Network that no one will ever have time to watch is a bummer.