DVDVR Message Board

FINAL 4: #DIY vs. REVIVAL

RIPPA

#DIY vs. REVIVAL  

92 members have voted

1. 1. Choose a Team

This poll is closed to new votes

I like both teams....I think the CWC match pushes DIY over the top for me, though.  

(I like that they realized that the Ciampa heel turn would have a huge mistake and kept them together.  It's there whenever they want it, though.)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Marcel said:

I like both teams....I think the CWC match pushes DIY over the top for me, though.  

(I like that they realized that the Ciampa heel turn would have a huge mistake and kept them together.  It's there whenever they want it, though.)

It's a little weird, to be honest. DIY were right there with the Revival in those tags and they have way more to their year.

I think, ultimately, we're just bigger fans of Arn and Tully than we are Ricky and Robert. We lean heel.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Matt D said:

It's a little weird, to be honest. DIY were right there with the Revival in those tags and they have way more to their year.

I think, ultimately, we're just bigger fans of Arn and Tully than we are Ricky and Robert. We lean heel.

That, or so many of us are voting our bracket despite realizing DIY probably had the better year.

Not that I'm admitting to that or anything...

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Matt D said:

This might end up being the main reason I vote Revival, though to vote against DIY seems awfully odd to me.  Going to need to think about this one.

#DIY's non-Revival NXT tag team matches: Really not all that memorable (some would argue the AoP match, but not me)

Revival had the Alpha matches and dragged Enzo and Cass to one of their only watchable matches to date.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

I loved that #DIY vs. AoP match.

I really did too.

But, hey did y'all not love those Revival vs. AA matches before the great DIY matches came along? I didn't think I was particularly far on an island with thinking this were almost as amazing as the DIY series.

Go Revival!

1 minute ago, maciej said:

I really did too.

But, hey did y'all not love those Revival vs. AA matches before the great DIY matches came along? I didn't think I was particularly far on an island with thinking this were almost as amazing as the DIY series.

Go Revival!

Yep, this is the difference maker for me. Loved the Revival/AA matches.

In my heart of hearts I want to love the Revival... But it still comes off to me as the wrestling equivalent of the Dark Star Orchestra or Hell's Belles. It's a tribute act of Anderson and Blanchard. Where DIY comes off as organic and doing it's own thing. I've enjoyed both of their matches, but Gargano and Chiampa are fresher.

• Like 2

These have been the two best tag teams this year, but The Revival has been slightly better in my opinion.  Honestly, this is kind of like picking the NBA MVP this year.  Westbrook is averaging a triple double, Harden is essentially the best offensive weapon in the history of the league, somehow LeBron is having one of his best statistical seasons, and Kawhi Leonard may be the best two-way player I've ever seen.  I don't know exactly what is more impressive, I just know all of it is crazy impressive.

It pained me to vote against Revival, but I went with DIY.  Revival might be a tribute act but they're an amazing one.  Their passion for this shows through and I became somehow a bigger fan after the Stone Cold podcast.  DIY is definitely the RnR Express comparatively speaking and are very much an instance where the sum is greater than the parts.  But they feel more relatable and given their past I'm so damn happy for their success.  And yet after voting I'm working on fighting off voter's remorse, but either team going through makes me happy.

• RIPPA locked this topic