DVDVR Message Board

SDL Is Breezy Bella - 3/21/17

Dolfan in NYC

4 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

One thing that has me thinking...  why did Rhyno and slater arrive at the arena 15 minutes before the show ended?  They didn't have a match or a promo.  Why show up that late if you aren't performing.

Who are you to doubt Pelvis Wesley?

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

One thing that has me thinking...  why did Rhyno and slater arrive at the arena 15 minutes before the show ended?  They didn't have a match or a promo.  Why show up that late if you aren't performing.

to collect their $500

• Like 3

The Miz / Maryse parody of Total Divas was fucking awesome.

AA/Usos was also good.  Usos get the belts to gain credibility and AA loses via cheating to keep them strong.

Breeze's Bella parody would've been ten times more awesome if Maryse hadn't done the very same thing on the very same show.

Shane-O-Mac has shit punches but that old bastard can still do the fucking suicide elbow. Respect.

• Like 2

Smackdown was highly entertaining.  Loved the tag match and Orton/Corbin was surprisingly great.  The Total Bellas stuff started off amusing then became pretty damn hilarious the longer it went.  And dare I say it if any male is going to dress as Nikki then Tyler's the one to go with, he was fantastic.  We laughed especially hard when Nikki knocked the fake boobs right off of him.

And Dnaiel Bryan is a treasure, his white and nerdy style in Talking Smack is a delight to watch.  Soon after Usos said he was cool he said Sweet Beats and was SO proud of that.  The look of joy in that followed by the dejected look after Usos left him was priceless.  Hot damn he's amazing.

Miz/Maryse vs. Cena/Nikki is so interesting because you can tell Cena and Miz are mostly being professional and good-natured about the whole thing. Eh, whatever. It's just a storyline. 

But you occasionally get glimpses of how much Maryse and Nikki do truly detest one another. 

Miz's parody of Cena was light-hearted. Oh, he's a robot and likes his laundry done well. Big deal. 

Maryse, meanwhile, is genuinely going for the jugular in this feud. She's pissed and petty as hell. She has to point out Nikki's desperation every chance she can. 

A feud that has become more about the girls than the guys, oddly enough.  

It is still crazy that Cena will, ultimately, end up proposing because of a WWE storyline.

I know it's not the only reason he's doing it, of course.  This isn't some Game of Thrones-deal where Cena's getting forced to marry a stranger by Vince. He's been with her for a while. There's love there, I assume.

But the whole thing is, um, slightly odd?

It's like what Meltzer said a month back on WOR: "But even if he wanted to back out, he can't now." 

• Like 1

Blood By Boobie.

Oh, and how am I supposed to boo the Uso's? They are legitimately entertaining and seem like some cool dudes to hang out with. What's the reason for me to hate them? 

6 minutes ago, Peck said:

Blood By Boobie.

Oh, and how am I supposed to boo the Uso's? They are legitimately entertaining and seem like some cool dudes to hang out with. What's the reason for me to hate them? 

They're Roman's cousins.... BURN THEM!

All kidding aside, it really felt like the Usos may not have been told if they're are on Mania yet and were definitely angling for something.  I got a feeling that they may run Usos/AA for AA to get a big mania win.

24 minutes ago, Peck said:

Blood By Boobie.

There isn't one, because they're still cutting face promos and acting like faces on Talking Smack.

8 hours ago, Jamal said:

I enjoyed the Miz/Maryse parody but man did Cena kill those two on Talking Smack lol Straight up savage

I just finished watching it. 

Bruh...I hope they replay that on SDL. That was a lights-out promo. 

• Like 1

I would assume/hope that Cena and Nikki are already engaged and it was just decided for the reality show to do a big public spectacle, ala Savage marrying Liz seven years into their real-life marriage. I don't think either of them agree to a build-up like this unless the engagement is a fait accompli. Of course, even better than Cena getting cold feet would be Nikki shoot deciding mid-ring that she doesn't want to spend her life with this dude.

Also, with half of SD married to each other or shacked up it shows how much smarter everyone else to not book themselves into cheating angles. Last time they tried that with Big Bartholomew and Christian Joy on Raw she put the hammer down on that pretty fucking quick. 

• Like 1

Nikki spending years badgering Cena into marriage, him finally proposing in front of millions, then her turning around and saying: "Nah" and utterly humiliating him would actually establish her as the best female heel ever.

She never truly forgave him for his OCDness, the "girlfriend contract" and bitching at her about the laundry basket. So she planned a clever Gone Girl-like revenge. 

• Like 2