DVDVR Message Board

SDL Is Breezy Bella - 3/21/17

Dolfan in NYC

Tag Titles match was really good, but 50/50 booking and this matchup being done to death kind of took the heat off of it somewhat.  AA are clearly going to get the belts back in one of many predictable "Wrestlemania Moments".

I wonder if we're going to get a Forklift on a Pole match for the IC title.

The Total Bellas parody was Attitude Era vignette terrible, but I guess to get Nikki over as a face you have to put her against someone with even less personality and dramatic range than she does.  Breezy Bella was tremendous and there was some great stooging going on in the Chet Chetterfield/Lance Catamaran match.

• Like 1

The Total Bellas parodies were terrible comedy, but watchable in a "I can't believe they're doing this" way.  No wonder Cena didn't want any part of this nonsense.  I think Vince doesn't try to embarrass him like this if he's still a full-timer.  I guess it could be worse.  They could try to induct Vince or Nikki into the "Kiss My Ass" Club,  Everyone involved deserves better than this for WrestleMania, though, and I have no interest in the match unless Cena or Nikki turn heel during the marriage proposal.

I'm mildly interested in the AJ-Shane match.  Neither guy is all that smart when it comes to making sure they can walk the next morning, so I assume it will be a spectacle.  The bump through the announcer's table has become Shane's trademark. but it still looked nuts.  AJ snap suplexing Shane into the barricade couldn't have felt good either.

I don't really care one way or the other about the Fashion Po-Po, but Breeze dressed as Nikki was amusing.

I loved the Total Bellas Bullshit segments UNTIL they got to the finish and they had to those awful "pop the question" and "tie the knot" jokes

Still not sure why Bray Wyatt looked to be holding a plastic tennis racket in that segment with Orton.   

9 minutes ago, hammerva said:

Still not sure why Bray Wyatt looked to be holding a plastic tennis racket in that segment with Orton.   

Sister Abigail's cousin's mom was Mama Cornette. Bray's bringing in the New New Midnight Express.

• Like 1

I thought Maryse was absolutely hilarious in those skits, especially the first one where she was both Bellas. Loved the Alpha/Usos tag, really good stuff with an exciting finishing stretch. Orton/Corbin pretty good too. I love Alexa's knockout punch to stand tall in the end, hope she retains at Mania. Exciting close with the Styles/Shane brawl. Digging Cena's talking smack promo.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, zev said:

Sister Abigail's cousin's mom was Mama Cornette. Bray's bringing in the New New Midnight Express.

Naturally, the New New Midnight Express would be a worse pairing than Bob Holly and Bart Gunn. If WWE's intention is to make Jim Cornette's head explode, slap the Midnight Express moniker on Riddick Moss and Tino Sabbatelli.

• Like 3

AA/Usos was good.

The Miz & Maryse Total Bellas stuff was so terrible it was somewhat funny.

The Breezy Bella stuff was hilariously wrong. I loved JBL's quick reference to Chet & Catamaran. Cena's Talking Smack promo completely tearing the Miz & Maryse apart though was awesome.

Bray was out for the dark match.  It was a quick tag with him teaming with Corbin against Ambrose and Harper.  It was maybe 5-6 minutes at the most. 

I had a blast at this show though.  I loved Usos vs. American Alpha and was excited to see the titles changes hands. I love heel Usos. 

Big Gronk was sitting about ten feet from us.  He seemed like a good guy taking pictures with all the little kiddies. 

I got to see Shane nearly kill himself so that's cool.

• Like 4

58 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Bray was out for the dark match.  It was a quick tag with him teaming with Corbin against Ambrose and Harper.  It was maybe 5-6 minutes at the most. 

I had a blast at this show though.  I loved Usos vs. American Alpha and was excited to see the titles changes hands. I love heel Usos. 

Big Gronk was sitting about ten feet from us.  He seemed like a good guy taking pictures with all the little kiddies. 

I got to see Shane nearly kill himself so that's cool.

Glad you had a good time and you were able to see AJ Styles like you wanted.

LOL at the last sentence ; )

• Like 2