DVDVR Message Board

Phil Schneider

• ROH vs. CZW cage of death
  • Flair vs. Foley (Summer Slam)
  • Danielson vs. KENTA (ROH version)
  • Angle vs. Taker (No Way Out)
  • That Dragon Gate match

Those all jump out as good challengers right away, but 2006 is absolutely loaded. I also loved the Kobashi/Marufuji match from the same show as Akiyama/Inoue.

• Like 1

On 22/03/2017 at 1:24 AM, Go2Sleep said:
  • ROH vs. CZW cage of death
  • Flair vs. Foley (Summer Slam)
  • Danielson vs. KENTA (ROH version)
  • Angle vs. Taker (No Way Out)
  • That Dragon Gate match

Those all jump out as good challengers right away, but 2006 is absolutely loaded. I also loved the Kobashi/Marufuji match from the same show as Akiyama/Inoue.

I'd go with ROH vs. CZW in the Cage of Death. Great feud between the two groups and landing the ending. Terrifc violent brawl. May be the best match in ROH history, either that or Takeshi Morishima vs. Bryan Danielson at ROH Manhattan Mayhem II.

• Like 1

I contend TNA from Slammiversary 2005 to Bound For Glory 2006 was legitimately good. That had the Joe-AJ-Daniels rivalry, which produced several great matches; Raven's way-too-short main event stint; the rise of LAX and subsequent feud with AJ/Daniels; Christian winning the title and having some pretty bad-ass matches with Abyss. The Jarrett stuff was...well, Jarrettiffic, but Sting coming back was cool, and motivated Steiner was fun. 

Then they re-hired Russo in late 2006 and he IMMEDIATELY ruined all the good process. 

Anyway, to not completely derail the thread, I did love this 2006 match: LAX vs. AJ and Daniels in the cage

• Like 1