DVDVR Message Board

Raw Is Roman Wins LOL - 3/20/17

Dolfan in NYC

Yeah I thought that too.  It looked more like Taker going "oh fuck, when I turn around I'm getting speared"

I don't think Braun is okay.  He's okay in the sense that Rusev is okay or Mark Henry was okay but I felt he had an opportunity to be worth more than that to the company.  I felt Braun's ceiling was a main event level talent and it appears they do not see it that way.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rev Ray said:

WWE Fans:  YEAH!  Let's go to Mania to take over the show!  That'll teach them

WWE:  

c8e.gif

They got my money for Mania, but I'm glad I won't be giving them money for NXT or Raw this year.

Unfortunately WWE really has the fans by the balls when it comes to Mania. It's built up like the Super Bowl where it sells itself no matter how good or bad it is year to year, and it's got tremendous inertia as essentially a Hajj for wrestling fans. People aren't going to stop going to it even though WWE might as well print "We are trying to make this the most horrible wrestling show experience a hardcore fan can imagine" on the tickets.

If they don't put Braun into the Taker/Reigns match to take some of the pressure off Big Evil I'll be amazed. He's kind of into that Andre The Giant-esque marquee novelty role now and he shouldn't be expected to have a crazy workrate or the best match on the card - just feature him somehow and that's it

• Like 2

Zayn / Joe and Nia / Bayley were perfectly fine wrestling matches, but the some of the booking was a bit troubling overall.

• Dana may be sloppy, but her turn was white hot.  Why kill her the next week in a blow-off?  There's still at least two good matches you can pull out of the mini-feud with Charlotte. You've already telegraphed that Dana will probably be a factor in the WM title match, so give her some ring time to work the bugs out because she really really really needs it.
  • I know you want Joe to look like a destroyer and you want Zayn to be the plucky underdog, but can Sami please get in a little more fucking offense in?  You don't have to make Sami look like a complete loser in a glorified squash match, guys.
  • As much as I want to see Nia murder people and as much as she desperately needs a big win, does it really make good booking sense for Sasha and Charlotte to just sit in the back while Bayley gets publically executed and Nia picks up a huge win that gets her to the Big Dance?  If I am Sasha or Charlotte, I certainly want the edge of Bayley not being 100% going into a title defense, but letting Nia go into a title match with momentum and confidence is not smart.  No one had the idea of waffling Nia with a chair to give Bayley the win by DQ right before the pinfall?.
  • I'm not sure how I feel about the main event.  I don't think Braun was as protected as he should've been and UT definitely looks pretty immobile.  The match with Roman is going to be a clusterfuck if UT has to carry it.

8 hours ago, Overly Critical Man said:

So do we go back to calling Braun by the wrong name now?

Binkle Sausageland sure did get hosed by this Reigns/Taker match!

It's not that "we're back" its that a couple of people never stopped

4 minutes ago, Valcourt said:

Haven't caught it yet. What was the context of the look...

E said to Woods "Is there something you want to tell us about?" (or something close to that)

40 minutes ago, J.T. said:

Zayn / Joe and Nia / Bayley were perfectly fine wrestling matches, but the some of the booking was a bit troubling overall.

• Dana may be sloppy, but her turn was white hot.  Why kill her the next week in a blow-off?  There's still at least two good matches you can pull out of the mini-feud with Charlotte. You've already telegraphed that Dana will probably be a factor in the WM title match, so give her some ring time to work the bugs out because she really really really needs it.

Makes me wonder what was even the point of doing the turn at this point. At least give her a countout or DQ lol 

Two things.

1. They turned Dana so they can "swerve" everyone at Mania when she attacks Bayley allowing Charlotte to hit Natural Selection to win back her title.

2. Braun Strowman is a monster heel who has limited long lasting main event appeal. His only loss so far has been to Roman after Braun went out of his game plan. Let's say he gets inserted into the Roman/UT match. The end result is Roman pins Taker. Now if Braun jobs to Roman on TV multiple times afterwards then he's in trouble but if he picks up a big win against Roman he can be the main event monster that threatens Roman's reign after he beats Brock at SummerSlam

3 hours ago, J.T. said:

• As much as I want to see Nia murder people and as much as she desperately needs a big win, does it really make good booking sense for Sasha and Charlotte to just sit in the back while Bayley gets publically executed and Nia picks up a huge win that gets her to the Big Dance?  If I am Sasha or Charlotte, I certainly want the edge of Bayley not being 100% going into a title defense, but letting Nia go into a title match with momentum and confidence is not smart.  No one had the idea of waffling Nia with a chair to give Bayley the win by DQ right before the pinfall?.
  • I'm not sure how I feel about the main event.  I don't think Braun was as protected as he should've been and UT definitely looks pretty immobile.  The match with Roman is going to be a clusterfuck if UT has to carry it.
  • Dana technically already turned once before, but they nixed and had Charlotte using her again on a highly limited basis. This was more about gettign her out of the way than anything else.
  • The match with Bayley was no DQ which means it made even les since for neither to interfere. They should have just had Nia kick all of their asses.
  • Its more on Roman to carry UT. That is not even a question and yeah I doubt he can do it if Taker is getting hurt so easily.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Eivion said:
  • Dana technically already turned once before, but they nixed and had Charlotte using her again on a highly limited basis. This was more about gettign her out of the way than anything else.
  • The match with Bayley was no DQ which means it made even les since for neither to interfere. They should have just had Nia kick all of their asses.
  • Its more on Roman to carry UT. That is not even a question and yeah I doubt he can do it if Taker is getting hurt so easily.
  • True enough, and I am totally expecting the double swerve and Dana return to the fold and help Charlotte win the title in order to get back into her good graces.  I'm very skeptical about this bait and switch face turn.
  • I had just gotten back with my copy of Mass Effect; Andromeda so I missed the stip.  Even so if I were Sasha or Charlotte, there's no way I would've let Nia go into WM with confidence.  Sasha or Charlotte should've helped Bayley to win via shenanigans, but not until after Bayley took a really good beating.  Then you could've let Nia lose strong and have her murder everyone involved a fit of rage after the screw job.
  • I don't really want to see either of those guys take an extended amount of heat in that match.  The match obviously needs to be triple threat so that Braun can do most of the asskicking and not bore the audience to tears.

That crowd was so deflated and they could have probably used something to pick them up. Bayley winning her match would have done it. But you know, we have to establish that Stephanie loves to suck the life out of everyone.

I thought Taker did the whole "awe son of a bitch" look cause after the chokeslam, he looked like he was a in a fair amount of pain after he got speared when he stood back up. I thought maybe he pulled something getting ol' Braun up. Man, if Roman ends The Undertaker it's going to kill the show dead at Mania.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Overly Critical Man said:

People who think Undertaker got injured performing a choke slam and not realizing he was selling the fact he messed up by turning his back on Roman with some facial expressions are the reason why WWE has to hammer us over the head with everything like we're imbeciles.

Subtlety isn't for wrestling fans, I guess.

I thought that part was great.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Pete said:

Everyone is sleeping on Kendrick stealing Tozawa's passport. Hope that 10-year stretch in federal prison is worth it... 

Theft on RAW = prison time, but arson on SDL = title match.

All Kendrick has to do is say he's stealing, and lying and cheating, to honor Eddie Guerrero and hello babyface turn.

• Like 1