DVDVR Message Board

Raw Is Roman Wins LOL - 3/20/17

Dolfan in NYC

Yeah, so that happened.  Though I guess technically Braun did win the match. 

Ice cold Brooklyn crowd which is odd.  Looks like everyone was waiting for the Taker. 

Eh. Whatever.  2 weeks to Mania.

While I want to praise taker for trying to sell that last bit after he chokeslammed Braun and turned around as "Oh dammit did I just fall for this agin? 30 fucking years and I aint' learnt nothin!"

But it came more across like "Oh dammit did I just hear my prostate pop? They do that. I know that now. Oh God do I know it!"

• Like 10

You know things are bad when they are doing the wave for a Bayley match in Brooklyn.  The same Brooklyn that was electric for her about 1 1/2 years ago.  

Well I guess you have to make Reigns look strong.   The bloom is off the rose for BRAAAAAAAAAAAUN just as he was his best. 

I don't blame the crowd. Stephanie killed the crowd in that opening segment and they never recovered. The HHH interview with Michael Cole didn't help. It speaks volumes that the best thing this company has going is Southpaw Regional Wrestling. I just don't see anyway possible to make it through WM, even being really high and drunk.

Sorry when you are doing 3 or 4 CM Punk chants you deserve a decent amount of the blame

So they didn't completely avoid the Xavier Woods stuff with Big E and Kofi giving him those hilarious looks

Remember when TJ Perkins was the winner of the Cruiserweight Classic.  Now he is losing by having his hair pulled  

I really wish the doctor for the Seth Rollins stuff was Dr. James Andrews.  If anyone has experience with taking a superstar who is seriously injured and rushing him to action too quickly it would be him

Just meh. Eddie's right. Steph took me out of the show. 

Only two things of note to me: the New Days' tease and every time I see Charlotte in her black robe she reminds me of Lillian Von Schtup. 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, hammerva said:

So they didn't completely avoid the Xavier Woods stuff with Big E and Kofi giving him those hilarious looks

Nobody wants to shake Xavier's hand, 

Guess it would be in bad taste to do a "Up Up Down Down, Too Hot For Youtube" logo.

29 minutes ago, RolandTHTG said:

I have this awful feeling we're getting the redux of the Angle/HHH/Steph love triangle after Mania.

Now that Kurt is older and atrophied with four DUI's under his belt, she'll be unable to resist his advances.

• Like 8

Bayley/Nia was good though the crowd sucked.

There was too much Steph in this.

I really wish the Braun/Roman rematch happened after Wrestlemania so Braun had the slightest chance of properly winning. At least the match was good while it lasted.

50 minutes ago, hammerva said:

Remember when TJ Perkins was the winner of the Cruiserweight Classic.  Now he is losing by having his hair pulled  

Good god, that was a terrible ending to their match.  Not that it was a mat classic up until that point, but.

Eh, Strowman's fine.  He never lost to Reigns and got chokeslammed by the man who is billed as the most dominant in history.  It's like taking a Stunner from Austin, it doesn't hurt anyone.

That crushing clothesline Strowman did to counter the Drive By (Still can't believe WWE is using that for a finisher name...) was INSANE.  It should be in the Raw opening.

So, does Stephanie name a replacement for Foley?  It has to be a man, so she can repeatedly emasculate him, before he gets no comeuppance on her whatsoever.  Brad Maddox?  I kid, I kid.

I kind of REALLY hope she somehow drafts Daniel Bryan to be her GM, and we get months of her belittling Bryan for not being able to wrestle.  The fan reactions would be amazing.

Emma vs. Summer Rae, winner becomes new GM. Then gets berated by Steph till she's had all she can stands and can't stands no more.

It leads to Stephanie winning at the Summerslam.

I've had some nagging thought that this business with Steph humiliating Mick is going to lead Noelle Foley coming out to try and attack Steph.  Or maybe even Hunter and Steph recruiting Noelle as the new GM and turning her heel, essentially doing the Raven/Sandman feud with Noelle as Tyler Fullington.

11 hours ago, Charlie M. said:

Taker looked like he was in so much pain.

I thought that was the best part of the show.  After Old Man Taker chokeslams Braun out of the ring, he goes to the corner to run him off, and then he realizes he just fucked up and fell into the Spear trap. Before he turns around he gets this look on his face like, "Aw shit, my hips are not gonna like this bump."

Zayn/Joe was definitely MOTN

• Like 2