DVDVR Message Board

The Paige "Scandal" Thread Because Y'all Can't Help Yourselves and Keep Talking About It No Matter How Many Times We Move On

4 minutes ago, (BP) said:

I'd pay upwards of three figures to a Patreon to hear/read @piranesi review nostalgia TV shows in the backgrounds of amateur videos. 

"Now, if this guy could be bothered to take off his baseball cap while pleasing his lady you'd be able to see that is a very young Robert Forster arguing with Magnum P.I...Ironic that we're watching a Magnum right now given the quality of the fucking going on. That car Forster is driving is his own car. The director saw it and, no, wait, that's a swollen ankle. She should get that looked at. Ladies and gentlemen, Diabetes is a silent killer. Everyone should be aware."

• Like 19

@piranesi With all due respect, I feel I must address a couple of points you have made.

Emergency! is now on Cozi, not ME-TV. 1 PM ET, I believe. Both channels are available on at least 1 cable company I can think of.

Also, it's a better show than a lot of offering to be had at either 1 or 2:30.

For example: Gage and Desoto, while en route to a parade, find themselves having to detour to an actual fire to lend their firefighting and paramedic skills. They come to find that the old engine they showed up in was crushed by falling debris, your heart just breaks for them. Them getting and rebuilding that old truck was a story arc that took the better part of a season to set up, twas a serious twist to have their moment in the sun dashed.

And of course, Nurse Dixie helped show the world that not all nurses were mean and nasty like Ratched in Cuckoo's Nest, but they could still run the place.

That's all for now, thank you for your time.

1 minute ago, zev said:

@piranesi With all due respect, I feel I must address a couple of points you have made.

Emergency! is now on Cozi, not ME-TV. 1 PM ET, I believe. Both channels are available on at least 1 cable company I can think of.

Also, it's a better show than a lot of offering to be had at either 1 or 2:30.

For example: Gage and Desoto, while en route to a parade, find themselves having to detour to an actual fire to lend their firefighting and paramedic skills. They come to find that the old engine they showed up in was crushed by falling debris, your heart just breaks for them. Them getting and rebuilding that old truck was a story arc that took the better part of a season to set up, twas a serious twist to have their moment in the sun dashed.

And of course, Nurse Dixie helped show the world that not all nurses were mean and nasty like Ratched in Cuckoo's Nest, but they could still run the place.

That's all for now, thank you for your time.

Oh...oh...we're not now dueling insane MeTV plot summaries are we?

EMERGENCY!: “A parachutist lands in a tree, an obese man collapses while jogging, an 80-year-old woman breaks her ankle while dancing, a man can't stop the hiccups, a boy tries to cryogenically freeze himself, a golfer is bitten by a snake.”

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, piranesi said:

"A woman fakes an illness. A man brought into the hospital from a movie set is the first indication of an outbreak of botulism. Dr. Early's stethoscope becomes lodged in his ear. "

Rabbit Tribe Powers, Activate!

Form of: A Rabbit Hole of a playlist.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Execproducer said:

Nurse Dixie was Julie London and she does not deserve to be associated with this nonsense.

She cashed the checks.

“Wonder Woman battles a seven-foot-tall, 500-pound gorilla. Robert Loggia guest stars.“

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, piranesi said:

She cashed the checks.

“Wonder Woman battles a seven-foot-tall, 500-pound gorilla. Robert Loggia guest stars.“

Goddamn! Even Lord Olivier did Polaroid commercials!! That don't make him equal to Pauly Shore!! Julie London was the 2nd Greatest White Female Jazz Singer of ALL TIMEZ!! The 70's weren't kind to legends.

Sorry, too much Bushmills. I'll end my rant here.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Victator said:

And as a community, maybe we can all stop micro managing what other people are posting. At the very least stop the chicken little "They are going to close the thread, stop it!!!" 

Amen. The absolute worst. The same socially awkward MFers everytime who get their panties in a knot because they lack the social skills to join in a fun conversation or in-joke, so instead its snide remarks about how the purity of the board and professional wrestling as we know it is tarnished and that the thread is going to be locked anyyyyy minute now. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, piranesi said:

She cashed the checks.

My introduction to Robert Loggia was David Lynch's Lost Highway, then this Minute Maid commercial.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, piranesi said:

She cashed the checks.

Now there's a show that is still on ME-TV. This Saturday's scheduled episode:

Ep 4: Beauty on Parade

Wonder Woman infiltrates a dangerous sabotage ring that operates under the cover of a government-sanctioned beauty contest. Dick Van Patten guest stars.

~~~

I know, I know. Way off track here. So I shall wrap it up by saying Cozi still shows Miami Vice. You know who once guest starred as Phil "The Shill" Mayhew on there? DVDVR's favorite drummer, of course.