DVDVR Message Board

The Paige "Scandal" Thread Because Y'all Can't Help Yourselves and Keep Talking About It No Matter How Many Times We Move On

On 5/1/2017 at 1:16 AM, mattdangerously said:

If Paige is lucky, he'll no show the wedding, too.

Would that be his heel turn or a babyface turn?  I"m confused.

Also, if ADR (now AEP, I guess) does no-show the wedding, I'll be disappointed if the respective families don't hold an impromptu eight-man (at least) tag match.

• RIPPA locked this topic

well, I guess some idiot is gonna say the wrong thing to Ric Flair at a bar this weekend about certain pictures that he shouldn't have been able to view

(also, if not for the tattoos and WWE phone, that person could have used the Shaggy defense and convinced some)

anyways... how many years until we get a good enough sample size to figure out what vaping does to somebody's body?

1 hour ago, Cobra Commander said:

well, I guess some idiot is gonna say the wrong thing to Ric Flair at a bar this weekend about certain pictures that he shouldn't have been able to view

(also, if not for the tattoos and WWE phone, that person could have used the Shaggy defense and convinced some)

anyways... how many years until we get a good enough sample size to figure out what vaping does to somebody's body?

Wait, Charlotte's got pics out there now?  I'm hoping these were old pictures that got hacked similar to Paige, but if they were recent then talk about not learning from recent history.

Your phone is actually a computer, has a camera, and is connected to the entire world.  The number of famous and semi famous people who simply don't understand this blows my mind.  Stars who believe their pics are never going to get leaked are like companies who think a hack is never going to happen to them.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Cobra Commander said:

SHUT UP FAT BOY

19 minutes ago, jstout said:

I laughed harder than I have in weeks over Charlotte's statement that "these pictures must be removed from the internet immediately."

Yeah, I'm sure the internet will get right on that...

That Reddit thread was not good for my blood pressure. 

Which is par for the course with Reddit. 

27 minutes ago, jstout said:

I laughed harder than I have in weeks over Charlotte's statement that "these pictures must be removed from the internet immediately."

Yeah, I'm sure the internet will get right on that...

That sounds like something that WWE Creative would script.

Why do people take nude photos/videos of themselves? Reminds me of what my father would tell me when he saw me doing something dumb: "What good can come of what you are doing? What bad can come of it?".

5 hours ago, sabremike said:

Why do people take nude photos/videos of themselves? Reminds me of what my father would tell me when he saw me doing something dumb: "What good can come of what you are doing? What bad can come of it?".

Because everyone should have a right to privacy? The better question is why people see no ethical problem with stealing images other people did not permit them to have.

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, Smelly McUgly said:

Because everyone should have a right to privacy? The better question is why people see no ethical problem with stealing images other people did not permit them to have.

I don't think it's a zero sum game.  One can be against the act of burglary while still being for having good locks and not leaving the box your 65" LCD came in out on the curb.  Do I think stealing and posting someone's private images is wrong? Of course.  Do I think taking nude selfies on an unsecured device that is connected to the entire world and is easily hacked is dumb?  Likewise, yes, especially when the device also syncs to external storage you have zero control over.  

• Like 5

I think another question should be why they take these photos in the first place.  Is it to see how their body looks after training?  Are they sending these to their significant other?  And has anybody from WWE sat them all down to say "Stop with these photos and get them off the phones/cloud storage sites"

To clarify, it's not questions I or anybody else should ask them, but here's hoping they catch the hackers and be done with this.

Edited by NikoBaltimore

7 minutes ago, Cristobal said:

"Look, obviously theft is wrong, but if you didn't want someone to steal your TV, you shouldn't have bought such a nice one AND put windows in your house that thieves could see through."

LOL I don't think anyone said that.   That's some strawman shit.  My analogy maybe should have been clearer, like "don't put  a Scrooge McDuck pot of gold on the living room floor and leave the door wide open."

16 minutes ago, NikoBaltimore said:

Unless the hackers got these photos all at once and are timing the leaks to make it appear like lessons haven't been learned.

That appears to be the case.  It's been strongly suggested that whoever hacked the accounts got access to everything at once, and releasing videos/photos in increments.

The lesson that needs to be learned by everyone is to understand what Cloud storage is and what that means for your phone.  Smart phones are mini-computers and if you have Dropbox/any Cloud storage, be careful.  But Charlotte taking selfies of her new tattoo or progress of a new workout regime isn't wrong.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Burgundy LaRue said:

That appears to be the case.  It's been strongly suggested that whoever hacked the accounts got access to everything at once, and releasing videos/photos in increments.

The lesson that needs to be learned by everyone is to understand what Cloud storage is and what that means for your phone.  Smart phones are mini-computers and if you have Dropbox/any Cloud storage, be careful.  But Charlotte taking selfies of her new tattoo or progress of a new workout regime isn't wrong.

In that case I'll walk back on the whole "Why haven't they stopped it by now?" question since it was all at once.  Thanks.

And Mike, I don't think anybody's shaming the victims here.  Well, looking back I see a post or two it can be interpreted as such, but I've seen worse.  It's not wrong to ask why they took those picture or why it wasn't securely backed up.  And asking that doesn't mean the hackers were justified for doing so.  Hacking and stealing stuff like this is wrong in the legal and moral sense, and I hope (like any other unethical hack) they're heavily punished for this.