DVDVR Message Board

The Paige "Scandal" Thread Because Y'all Can't Help Yourselves and Keep Talking About It No Matter How Many Times We Move On

On 3/24/2017 at 9:06 PM, mattdangerously said:

Three days of arguing over whether or not it's okay for Brad Maddox to blow his wad on the NXT Women's title... 

This reads exactly like an answer in WWEs version of cards against humanity 

• Like 8

1 minute ago, JohnnyJ said:

This reads exactly like an answer in WWEs version of cards against humanity 

I feel like there was a very interesting HR meeting last week. 

"People I can't believe I have to say this but do not ejaculate on company property."

As Miz and Maryse awkwardly look at the ground.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Victator said:

I feel like there was a very interesting HR meeting last week. 

"People I can't believe I have to say this but do not ejaculate on company property."

"and as a quick reminder, no shitting in people's bags Randy."

• Like 4

Now I know why Ulysses got some sulfur and a torch and burned the blood from the floors of his mansion after he killed his wife's suitors when he returned the Odyssey.

Some things can only be cleansed with fire.

• Like 4

On 3/27/2017 at 8:47 AM, J.T. said:

Technically he did say "I Quit" but this was not a verbal submission to the forces of evil. 

On the third day, he broke Satan's nose.  Why do you look for the living amongst the dead?

If you knee bar Joe Warren and he starts screaming to God as to why he was forsaken, that ought to count as a verbal tap.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Cristobal said:

Paige wrote about this in pictures she posted on twitter. Here's a link, spoilered for size:

Reveal hidden contents

Honestly having WWE's Paige spearhead some sort of major support network for cyber bullying could be tremendous and as inspiration as WWE superstars are, especially for teenagers, if Paige helps one young person out by her own experiences with cyber bullying at least some good came out of all this.

I found it strange that she kept referring to Alberto as her husband and I'm thinking "Wait, they got married and nobody knew about it?"  Maybe she should stick with fiancee until they actually get married.  And it also was odd her saying somebody took advantage of a young girl years ago.  Unless one or both of the guys made her do all of that she's a grown woman who took part in it.  But while I'll accept I could be reading too much into that line, the wording is a bit odd.

While it's bad what she did back then I feel bad that she got so much shame, same goes for Brad and Xavier.  UUDD's comments lately have all been about this.    Hacking into somebody's phone and invading their privacy is nothing to laugh about.  I commend her for trying to make a positive out of this, but this is the internet and there's always going to be tons of keyboard warriors.

19 hours ago, Cristobal said:

Paige wrote about this in pictures she posted on twitter. Here's a link, spoilered for size:

Hide contents

All I learned from that is that ADR apparently learned English from bumper stickers and self help books.  "You may feel like the devil is throwing you a storm but remember, you are the storm."  For fuck's sake.  He might as well have told her she's good enough, smart enough and, gosh darn it, people like her.

If I'm ever in a bad situation and someone says some useless platitude Oprah shit like that, they're getting a kick in the dick.

• Like 4

When I

1 hour ago, Technico Support said:

All I learned from that is that ADR apparently learned English from bumper stickers and self help books.  "You may feel like the devil is throwing you a storm but remember, you are the storm."  For fuck's sake.  He might as well have told her she's good enough, smart enough and, gosh darn it, people like her.

If I'm ever in a bad situation and someone says some useless platitude Oprah shit like that, they're getting a kick in the dick.

When I read that quote in Alberto's voice, I instinctively added "perro" to the end of it.

• Like 6

5 hours ago, NikoBaltimore said:

I found it strange that she kept referring to Alberto as her husband and I'm thinking "Wait, they got married and nobody knew about it?"  Maybe she should stick with fiancee until they actually get married.  And it also was odd her saying somebody took advantage of a young girl years ago.  Unless one or both of the guys made her do all of that she's a grown woman who took part in it.  But while I'll accept I could be reading too much into that line, the wording is a bit odd.

I don't think its uncommon when a person is 19 or 20 and with someone older, that those types of feelings are legitimately there once the relationship ends. It doesn't mean anyone necessarily had evil intent or did anything illegal, but it is possible that her being in a new country and still being immature, that she later felt pressured into doing things she normally wouldn't do. Even without the age difference, it isn't unusual after a breakup for one or the other to feel 'taken advantage of', that's life. So I wouldn't read into it too much personally, she may really feel that way but that doesn't mean anyone did something wrong at the time.

• Like 1

Paige said something interesting there...She mentioned that she put trust in the hands of someone that took advantage of her years ago. It almost sounds like she's blaming Maddox, Xavier, an unknown person, or some combination of that. It's the trust part that sticks out and it makes it sound less like she was hacked and more that someone she knew who had the recording leaked it. Or maybe she shared the video with someone else and they were hacked?

• Like 1

I think its just important to remember her current situation. What happened, whether it was a leak or a hack, is obviously wrong and I feel bad for her. But she also is about to get a married (according to her anyway) and her fiance saw the same videos. Even if she personally cheoreographed them herself (not saying she did), she still is going to say what she said because what else is she going to say to her fiance or to her family? Denying/blaming is what most people would do in that situation, I'm not blaming her for doing it, but I wouldn't take everything she says as fact either. I just hope her support circle is as strong as she said it is, because she'll certainly need it the next few months.

Things tend to blow over, it just takes time (or until the next scandal). Hopefully she will be able to lay low for a bit and continue her career. It may not be with WWE, that ship had already left the dock anyway, but you'd hate to see something like this curtail someone so early in their career.

Oh, I mean, I said as much days ago. And you might be right. It may just be a wrong choice of words that she didn't think about or she may be blaming someone purely because it's just reactionary. I'm sure her head is still spinning. I hope ADR and her have a long and happy life together and they get beyond this.

6 hours ago, Peck said:

Was it ever determined how all of these got released? Who specifically got "hacked"?

After seeing Del Rio blame WWE, Which shot him to the top of the suspect list.

6 hours ago, (BP) said:

Paige was about 19 or 20 at the time and Maddox is almost ten years older than her. It's worth noting that they were reluctant to call her up from NXT because of her age. 

I don't think it worked out when they called Ken Doane up so young either. Brock left them in a lurch and Orton had a ton of issues. I think some guys are lucky smart phones were not around before they matured. 

13 minutes ago, Victator said:

After seeing Del Rio blame WWE, Which shot him to the top of the suspect list.

I don't think it worked out when they called Ken Doane up so young either. Brock left them in a lurch and Orton had a ton of issues. I think some guys are lucky smart phones were not around before they matured. 

Could you imagine what Flair or Hogan or the Von Erichs would have had on theirs? WOOF

7 minutes ago, mattdangerously said:

I'm afraid to imagine what Flair and Hogan might have on their phones now.

So much herpes.

So many strains from so many decades.  That goriila glass is a museum of illness. Those devices are the global seed vault of sexually transmitted disease.

• Like 2

I think a few of the older guys have come to recognize that the reason so many guys now stay in their rooms and play video games is that the age of the camera phone doesn't allow people to live the debauchery of the 1970's and 1980's.  It would probably destroy just about everyone's relationships, lead to arrests and with no territories, no big money options to really go work..