DVDVR Message Board

GREAT 8: MATT RIDDLE vs. REVIVAL

RIPPA

MATT RIDDLE vs. REVIVAL  

82 members have voted

1. 1. Choose One

This poll is closed to new votes

I just voted Revival over and indy wrestler who has had an even more amazing year than Riddle, so that makes this choice super easy for me.

Love Riddle, though. Have y'all seen the Rampage Brown match from Progress this year? It's such fun stuff and really helped allay some of my fears that he was getting too formulaic.

• Like 1

I went out looking for matches of both competitors(s) for this match-up.  As it turns out, I saw a lot more of Riddle's matches than those of Revival.

On purpose.

+1 for Riddle.

On 3/18/2017 at 10:57 AM, maciej said:

I just voted Revival over and indy wrestler who has had an even more amazing year than Riddle, so that makes this choice super easy for me.

I didn't vote Revival over Hero. I made the case for Hero as strongly as I could, but this more or less sums it up. Hero had a better year than Riddle. Riddle had a break out year. It's very cool to see a wrestler with so much natural talent and so many interesting people to work with on the crossroads like he is. There are so many ways he could develop as a wrestler and we could be looking back five years down the line with adulation or frustration. 

I'm pretty certain that we've seeing both the cap to the Revival and maybe the cap for WWE tag team wrestling for a very long time in this last year, however. Maybe they'll be able to have a Rhodes Brothers sort of run on the main roster where they're having great tag team title matches on PPV month after month for a year or two, but I seriously doubt it. This was them at their most protected, with time, with attention, with game opponents, able to present their neo-southern tag style to the world with every opportunity. They delivered. I'm okay with a great rookie year projecting a real (but unpolished) talent this far into the tournament, but the Revival's year, as relatively short as it may have been but absolutely lacking flaw, trumps that. 

• Like 1

• RIPPA locked this topic