DVDVR Message Board

Random TV Thoughts

EVA

Blacklist is one of my favorites from the new season, though I don't quite love it.  It doesn't seem to have a lot of overall structure yet, and most of the characters aren't interesting.  James Spader is carrying the show without much help.  I like that so far they've resisted rerforming Red too much.  Most shows inevitably soften the lead to be less of anti-hero ("he's a good guy at heart"; even Breaking Bad did this a bit at the end).  Red's not above murdering/using relative innocents, if it suits him.

They need to make the FBI end of things more interesting.  Megan Boone's character is occasionally interesting.  The rest of the cast are playing cyphers.

I really liked this week's episode of Almost Human. The whole set up reminded me a bit of Dredd, which may have been the idea. Credit to this show, it may be a procedural but every week it seems like something different.

I do wish they wouldn't keep reverting to the cheesy buddy cop relationship between Dorian and John, though. At some points this show seems to want to be some gloomy, grimy dystopia (like Dredd or Blade Runner) then at the end you've got the robot singing along to Elton John.

No great sci-fi movie/TV show has androids singing along to Elton John while their human partner good-naturedly rolls his eyes. FACT.

I thought the move was a good one - first, you know it's gonna be temporary, just 'cause. Stewie will find the stuff to build his time machine, etc. Meanwhile, it gives everyone a new character to bounce off of - he'll probably be one of the gang at the Clam, something Brian hasn't been doing lately since the Brian/Quagmire story started. And it gives the show a chance to do Brian/Stewie-type stuff, but with a new character's perspective in the Brian role. 

It reminds me of when South Park killed Kenny for a while to give Butters and Tweek more time to shine.

Plus it gives another character Quagmire likes, as opposed to his disdain for Brian

MACY'S THANKSGIVING DAY PARADE FACTOID OF THE MOMENT:

"Did you that in 1916 Planters actually held a competition to design a new logo?  A 14 year old shoolboy won with his sketch of a peanut man.  later an artist added a monocle, top hat, coat, and walking stick."

That sounds like a bunch of bullshit to me.  So some kid drew...a peanut...and maybe two eye holes?  And then they hired a guy to actually finish the thing and named the kid the winner?

I would be so outraged on the 1916 internet...which would have been my diary I guess.

Tabe?  Can you get to the bottom of this obvious coverup?  Who was that kid connected to?  Who stood to benefit from the elevation of an obvious naive figurehead?

Where was Calvin Coolidge when the votes were counted?

• Like 2

quot+Mr.+Hill+you+have+no+ass.+quot+_100

My roommate suffered from severe DGA, and was a great source for KOTH inspired jokes for years.

I recently binge watched the first few Dracula on NBC episodes. Anyone else give it a try?

What'd you think of Dracula?  I watched the pilot and thought it was very good.  Have the rest of the eps on the DVR, so I'm hoping to get into them this week.

Why?

cFwKGVI.jpg

And how did you make it bigger??????

Make what bigger?

This?

cFwKGVI.jpg

Must have been a different link I used the second time. This board isn't very conducive to using links from already posted images.

In fact you could say...

cFwKGVI.jpg

It's a butt!

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I started Almost Human and I really like it.  It's mostly a police procedural so far, except not fucking terrible.  Mix in a little Blade Runner, and you've got a decent little show.  8 billion times better than Agents of SHIELD.  I make the comparison because Almost Human replaced it in my viewing lineup.