DVDVR Message Board

Random TV Thoughts

EVA

I think Almost Human needed more of an action hero-type for its lead actress. Someone like Katee Sackhoff (if she didn't have another show). Minka Kelly doesn't seem convincing as a cop who could potentially kick your ass at all.

Except that isn't what Kelly's role is. Its that of a profiler.

My dear...This is happening:

http://blog.sitcomsonline.com/2013/11/encore-networks-acquire-classic-sitcoms.html#ixzz2l96LHJ3J

Encore is rebranding two of its networks...sort of...to emphasize classic sitcoms.  The shows will include:

What's Happening!!,

Diff'rent Strokes,

Amen

and for white people!!!!

Murphy Brown,

Magnum, P.I.,

Night Court

But the most important line in the press release is the following:

The TV hits will be commercial-free and unedited

FUcke Yeae!!!!! We're gonna have a T.V. Party TONIGHT.  ALRIGHT!

ALso Craig Fergusen will be hosting some celebrity panel game show thing.

I wonder if Stoney Jackson still has those 227 checks.

I've finished Bates Motel...

-At first I didn't like the idea of the Dylan character, and thought Normal suddenly having a brother was too forced,but he's fast turned into the most sympathetic person on the show. He's one of the few who can spot that there's something off about Norma/Norman and realizes he needs to put some distance between the pair of them for their own good. Reminds me a bit of Mike from Breaking Bad, even. The one person on the show who just knows things are going to end badly, but can't stop it, and your heart goes out to him.

-I like this version of Norma Bates. She's a believable kind of crazy. As opposed to Norman, who's more Hollywood-type crazy and it's a bit ridiculous. (Split personalities! Amnesia! Blackouts!).

-Freddie Highmore is...OK, I guess? But it is odd to have a show with Norman frigging Bates in it and there are at least three others more multi-dimensional and compelling (Norma, Dylan, Miss Watson). He looks a lot like Perkins, obviously, but I don't think he's got that quality he had that could make you sympathize with him. 

-Bradley has about as much personality as an amoeba.

Decent show, overall. I wonder if the final scene is going to be Marion Crane dropping in and deciding to have a shower,or if they're just not going there.

My dear...This is happening:

http://blog.sitcomsonline.com/2013/11/encore-networks-acquire-classic-sitcoms.html#ixzz2l96LHJ3J

Encore is rebranding two of its networks...sort of...to emphasize classic sitcoms.  The shows will include:

What's Happening!!,

Diff'rent Strokes,

Amen

and for white people!!!!

Murphy Brown,

Magnum, P.I.,

Night Court

But the most important line in the press release is the following:

The TV hits will be commercial-free and unedited

FUcke Yeae!!!!! We're gonna have a T.V. Party TONIGHT.  ALRIGHT!

ALso Craig Fergusen will be hosting some celebrity panel game show thing.

I wonder if Stoney Jackson still has those 227 checks.

I wonder if he even got a check for Black Jack Savage.

Fox is putting The Mindy Project and Dads on hiatus starting at the end of January and will move Glee back to Tuesday's to replace them.

Mindy Project returns April 1

There was no announcement if Dads would even return

Oh, and someone on the io9 comments already mentioned it, but it's worth repeating an we've all thought it already...Walton Goggins needs to be all over this show.

Now, if we're getting a Preacher show, then at some frickin' point there needs to be a 100 Bullets TV show...and a Rising Stars TV show.

I've said it a hundred times already... Taker for the Saint of Killers. 

My vote is still Wade Williams (Bellick from Prison Break).

Fox is putting The Mindy Project and Dads on hiatus starting at the end of January and will move Glee back to Tuesday's to replace them.

Mindy Project returns April 1

There was no announcement if Dads would even return

Hopefully it doesn't. The Pilot for Dads was the worst 15 minutes (that's all I could sit through) of TV I've seen in several years. Of course I haven't watched any of Super Fun Night, so that title comes with an asterisk.

Speaking of Big Bang Theory, I loved the Thanksgiving episode.  Great, silly fun.  Again, Penny treats Leonard like shit, but oh well.  Is it just me, or is Raj by far the MVP of this season?  His character has been hilarious, especially the "Treasure Hunt" episode.

Btw, I kinda like Kripke in a very juvenile sort of way.

• Like 1

He's 5' 11".

Surmountable ... you want a guy with a voice like "nails dragging down your soul", Wade is the man.

Fuck that.

Come on, there has to be someone that's a comic book lover on the WWE roster that talks to Taker from time to time that can convince him to audition for the part. I'm sure he doesn't want his acting resume to be just one episode of "Poltergeist: The Legacy", and "Suburban Commando".

Shit he played this same kind of part on Poltergeist...

http://youtu.be/9m4leV6nJUY

And now he's old enough for it.

• Like 1

Man, I loooooved Hello Ladies entire first season.  Very funny, very cringe-worthy, lots of fun/good performances and awesome soundtrack (I love all the 70s/80s pop songs) but what really stunned me about it was how BEAUTIFUL it looked.  I've become very used to my TV comedies basically being a couple guys telling jokes in front of uninspired backdrops, but 'Hello Ladies' had all this great composition.  The episode where Stewart tells the homophobic joke and gets thrown out of the party just as his dream girl arrives and stands in the doorway watching her go by as the lights reflect off the surface of the pool onto his face was so amazing.

Started watching 'Episodes' in the last week and was super INTO it and then totally got annoyed at a plot twist at the end of the second-last episode of the first season but stuck with it, and now the first episode of the second season feels like I'm watching a completely different show and the worst part is there's this ham-fisted acoustic guitar riff that they feel the need to accompany two scenes with to HIT.YOU.OVER.THE.HEAD. that it's an "emotional" moment.  Look, if I can't figure that out myself, 'Episodes', than that's my loss.  It feels like the show went from being 'Liman's Boys' to 'Pucks' in just a span of three episodes.  I hope it turns around.

I just discovered there's a prequel for Sex and the City, and it airs on The CW (!) of all channels, thus confirming my previous held belief that there is no God.

To further demonstrate my masculinity for all the interwebz to see, I declare that The League is the funniest show on TV, and I've never played fantasy-anything in my life.

He's 5' 11".

Surmountable ... you want a guy with a voice like "nails dragging down your soul", Wade is the man.

Clancy Brown has always been my pick.  He's got the size, voice, and presence to pull it off.