DVDVR Message Board

Random TV Thoughts

EVA

If commercial work was something to worry about, then I'd be more worried about Chris Parnell voice showing up all over the place in voice over ads for random insurance companies and hamburger helper, and weird medicines...

except easy work + $$$$$$ = FUCKYEAH PS4's FOR CHRISTMAS, KIDS (and also college!)

Although I'm a little annoyed at Jason Sudekis doing voiceover for Applebee's.  He supposed to be ironic and cool.

If you dvr Siberia, it didnt air this week. NBC ran a special on the prince's new baby. [sarcasm] Cuz you know people who live in the united states really care about the british royal family. [/sarcasm]

The most embarrassing thing is how many people I know that do care about the baby. Debating whether to unfriend or just block them.

Why is "shoot them"not an option?

It's mental, no-one I know is at all interested, but I just watched half an hour or so of BBC breakfast news, they talked about nothing else, save the weather. Even BBC Scotland are banging on about it. Can't wait for the shamefully fawning shit in the local paper on Friday.

It's funny.  Literally the only reason I knew the baby was born is because of people bitching about how they don't care that the baby was born...

It really is. I saw at least half a dozen people on Facebook bitching yesterday, and three times as many on Twitter...yet I saw no one actually talking about it in a positive way.

Our news anchor just said "it would be nice if we had a monarchy here in America"

News people are some of the dumbest people in the world.

I took a broadcast journalism class in college and the professor was a local reporter.  One day we had another reporter come in as a guest speaker and the whole class turned into the two reporters talking about how fucking retarded the news anchors are.  Apparently most of the time they aren't even paying attention to the stories and detract from what they are reporting with irrelevant questions and unnecessary comments.  They both agreed that Ron Burgandy was more truthful than most people realize. 

Isn't it just basically an acceptable version of TMZ?  If you are the type of person who cares about Kim & Kanye's baby then you are seen as daft.  But caring about a royal baby is socially acceptable.

I finally sat through the last 5 episodes of Revolution, expecting to hate the show enough not to bother with season 2, but I got enough out of it with an interesting-enough twist ending that I guess I have to see what happens in season 2. Also, Ben Edlund is moving over to write for Revolution.

Isn't it just basically an acceptable version of TMZ?  If you are the type of person who cares about Kim & Kanye's baby then you are seen as daft.  But caring about a royal baby is socially acceptable.

To be fair, one is destined to be a Head of State. The other is destined to be heading for the state of Washington.

• Like 2

I can't help but think a threesome would have helped relieve the tension between Dawson, Joey and Pacey. Or a polygamist relationship. 

Dawson not being a whiny, selfish fuckface would have relieved the tension too.

Re: Royal Baby, I don't much care, but I'm not going out of my way to tell people they shouldn't care. I also wouldn't "shoot" someone because they give a shit about a Royal Baby being born. All of you fucks need to be liking Bob Monkhouse's last post too.

I fucking detest the Newsroom right now. The thing that shits me the most is how much they hammer home "As much as you think this back and forth banter is really intellectual and thought provoking, it is completely irrelevant to the sexual tension. What you are watching is no better than Twilight. There will be a Tea Party Vampire because fuck you."

Any interest in Camp so far?

I hit a wall.

After watching Broadchurch, The Killing and The Fall, and spatterings of Hannibal too, I'm just done. I'm not watching another show with a murdering sociopath going after kids or women until the end of the year. 

We've started to watch the xena-tastic Merlin show in response because I'm just done with all the Broken-Cops-Chasing-After-Sympathetic-Sickos shows for a long time. It was putting my head in a bad place. Maybe we'll watch frigging Buffy or something after this. Or Freaks and Geeks. Or Yo Gabba Gabba.

I'll probably compromise and start Boardwalk Empire.