DVDVR Message Board

Random TV Thoughts

EVA

Someone called Ironsides as being cancelled soon right after Lucky 7 was. I forget who but good on them. The commercial always seemed like a parody of a cop show that you'd see in a movie.

IT WAS ME! But yeah, the commercial I saw was like something out of Funny or Die.

One thing I do like about Dracula is that they haven't updated it. Keeping it as a period piece is a good move and helps it stand out. Jonathan Rhys Meyers is also great at over-the-top campy roles like this. It looks like fun.

Putting it on Friday is...interesting. On the bright side, at least it will have lower expectations.

I've only seen like one commercial so I have no idea what to make of Dracula but Jonathan Rhys Meyers was brilliant in The Tudors. Of course that show also had the benefit of Superman playing his best friend, Sam Neill playing a crazy pope, and copious amounts of nudity so my opinion may be somewhat biased.

Best thing about Meyers in The Tudors was that he didn't look a thing like Henry VIII, wasn't the right age and, on paper, should have been a totally absurd Henry VIII, but, for the purpose of the TV show, you completely bought that he was Henry VIII. 

So anyone else here watch Arrow? I'm enjoying the the show and thought last night's episode was particularly nice. That said, they really do seem to be taking way too much from Batman. Does Green Arrow not have any worthwhile villains in his rogues gallery outside of Count Vertigo?

So anyone else here watch Arrow? I'm enjoying the the show and thought last night's episode was particularly nice. That said, they really do seem to be taking way too much from Batman. Does Green Arrow not have any worthwhile villains in his rogues gallery outside of Count Vertigo?

merlyn?

Yeah before it was smaller, less known guys like Firefly or people who made their name outside of the Batverse despite starting there like Deadshot and Bronze Tiger. Last night we even had a recent creation from New 52 in Dollmaker introduced (want to say the first of the New 52 characters in live action). Then they drop a damn bombshell like Ra's Al Ghul and the League of Assassins at the very end which just feels like them going way too far.

Just started watching again (watched the pilot + first couple eps last season, wasn't interested.  Watched the last couple season 1 episodes over the summer and the first three eps this season) and, yeah, I'm enjoying it quite a bit.  I didn't realize until recently that Greg Berlanti is behind Arrow (I really loved the entire run of Everwood).

I'm already tired of the new TV season.  There isn't a single show I like more than "sort of" (Once Upon a Time in Wonderland looks promising, but it's only had two outings) and quite a few shows I already active dislike (Mom, the Millers, etc.)  Agents of Shield, the Crazy Ones and Sleepy Hollow may end up being my favorite new shows by default, and I'm not really sold on any of them (though Sleepy Hollow has been quite a bit better than the other two so far).

NBC appears to be doing a remake of Murder She Wrote starting Octavia Spencer

I hope it's a super gritty and dark remake in the vein of Hannibal.

Oh, and there's the insinuation that Fletcher herself is committing the murders. Hence why people seemingly drop dead everywhere she goes.

I hope it's a super gritty and dark remake in the vein of Hannibal.

Oh, and there's the insinuation that Fletcher herself is committing the murders. Hence why people seemingly drop dead everywhere she goes.

DUN DUN DUN!

I'm packing all my belongings and heading to Los Angeles right now to become a writer or a showrunner. I have a shred of hope now.

Oh, jeeze... The only show that needs to be remade is "The Greatest American Hero". And it has to be on a cable network.

I'd have to think about who to play Ralph but Robert Forster as Bill Maxwell immediately became my first thought when I read this.