DVDVR Message Board

Random TV Thoughts

EVA

Figures.  You're a mean one, Iberian Penisula dweller. :angry:

There have been fat men who become icons and to say their weight didn't help them stand out on some level would be lying.

*hums fat guy in a little coat*

And a quick look at IMDB shows that she was in the Spaced pilot and that pilot currently has a 1.4 out of 10 rating on IMDB. Wow. How could someone fuck up an American version of Spaced that badly?

No shortage of Great British Shows being horrible American remakes

Well, the Brits did fuck up That 70's Show, so, hey, it goes both ways at least.

Figures.  You're a mean one, Iberian Penisula dweller. :angry:

There have been fat men who become icons and to say their weight didn't help them stand out on some level would be lying.

*hums fat guy in a little coat*

And a quick look at IMDB shows that she was in the Spaced pilot and that pilot currently has a 1.4 out of 10 rating on IMDB. Wow. How could someone fuck up an American version of Spaced that badly?

No shortage of Great British Shows being horrible American remakes

Well, the Brits did fuck up That 70's Show, so, hey, it goes both ways at least.

There can be only one Red Forman and only he can say "Dumbass!" like he does. For reference:

Some people watched That 70s Show for whatever Eric and the gang were up to. I watched because of Red motherfuckin' Forman talk about putting boots to asses. Almost makes me wish someone could convince Kurtwood Smith to wear that shirt.

Now, if only there were someone, ANYONE, from the board who would have worked with Kurtwood Smith in the last year...

• Like 3

In a way, That 70's Show has somewhat ruined Robocop for me, as I just keep waiting for Clarence to threaten to put his foot in Robocop's metal ass.

Or, alternately, to walk into a scene with Jackie and Donna and Kitty and say "bitches, leave."

• Like 3

God, that has to be one of my all time favorite TV show characters. I wanted to have a son so bad just to have that dynamic, but I'm happy my daughter is daddy's girl because one day I can threaten to put a foot in her boyfriend's ass.

So I finished watching all 9 seasons of The Office.  I am so glad I watched all of it instead of quitting on the show after Michael left.  I was thoroughly entertained all the way up to the end, I must say.  I did not get the vibe that the producers of the documentary were "creeps" as somebody here put it or that they would let somebody die or whatever.  There were a few times they should have broken the glass wall but nothing too awful.  I liked that they brought Jim & Dwight around to a grudging friendship in the end - that seemed like a good, natural progression of their relationship.  I liked that Darrell eventually became successful.  I hated pretty much everything involving the Andy character.  I think his presence hurt the show and an entirely different character would have been better.  Ditto for the stuff with James Spader and his awful character.  I did find myself wondering why, in season 9, they had Dwight thinking Angela's baby was his when they'd already had him tested and the results came back negative (even though she was lying).  Didn't make any sense. 

I also liked the finale a lot.  Dwight & Angela getting married, the DVD for Pam, and so on.  I loved how they had Michael return, thought that was great.  Also thought it was great that they had him say just one Michael-ism ("it's like watching your children grow up and get married to each other, which is really all any father wants") instead of having him be over-the-top and making his funny noises or whatever. 

All in all, a really, really great show.  9/10.

So what's next for me?  Probably the rest of seasons 7 & 8 of How I Met Your Mother now that season 8 is on Netflix.  I also have Breaking Bad, Mad Men, Scandal, and a few others in my Netflix queue, all of which I haven't really watched. 

Have I mentioned recently that I love being a Netflix streaming subscriber??? :)

And that's a sh

ABC cancelled Lucky 7 (whatever that was) making it the first new show cancelled this season

And that's a shame because it was one of the new fall shows I started to watch.  It wasn't bad, it just had a shitty timeslot.