DVDVR Message Board

Random TV Thoughts

EVA

Man, I recall dude's saying they couldn't watch Eastbound & Down in front of their old ladies. I figured it got bad, but not this bad.  I thought I was creepy after thinking that the redhead bitch from Sky High was insanely fuckable... CHECKS WIKIPEDIA... Well, send the cops over  Then again, that's only five years younger than me.  Then again JESUS CHRIST I'm getting to that point where they can be more than ten years younger and still utterly legal.

Danielle Panabaker?  She was good in Mr. Brooks - a FANTASTIC movie that criminally didn't get the trilogy it was supposed to be.

I loved that movie too and it's the first thing I thought of when I watched my first episode of Dexter.

I could probably watch Jeremy Irons read a dictionary though.

Have you seen Eragon? It could cure you of that.

I actually sort of enjoyed that movie.  Nothing great but decent enough.

Looks like Style network, not G4 is being rebranded as Esquire, according to the Hollywood Reporter

From one article:

G4 is expected to stay in tact as of now.

Intact as what?  It's a zombie network right now.  Seeing it on my channel guide is like seeing an old Geocities website still sitting in my bookmarks (which remings me:

I'll never forget you "Chow Yun Fat: God of Actors" geocities site...and I'll never remove that bookmark!  In my world, THE CORRUPTOR is always going to be awesome and the Hong Kong cinema chic will never die...

MAGGIE CHUNG IS RUMORED TO BE IN THE NEW CHARLIE'S ANGELS!!!!!!!!!!! 

JACKIE CHAN CALLS ON TRIADS TO BACK OFF FILM INDUSTRY

ANDY LAU IS STILL YOUNG! GODDAMMMMMMMITTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've heard from so many people that Mr. Brooks is a really good movie that I must see it.

As for best endings, nothing tops The Shield. Nothing. Only TV series to have an insane opening, which opened the door to every other show on FX and AMC, and it had a picture perfect ending. I think more than any character from any other series, I want to know what Vic does to keep himself sane.

• Like 2

Mr. Brooks is surprisingly excellent.  I didn't know Dane Cook was in it, or I probably wouldn't have watched it, but it wound up being so worth the time.

That is precisely why I didn't watch it. I remember previews for it being pretty dull. Felt like one of those movies that was in the can for a long time and the studio felt like they had to release it at some point.

Wasn't he also DL's neighbor on the Hugleys?

He was the gay stripper in the ass-less pants in that one American Pie movie. 

I'm stuck on him as a murderer on CSI.  I think he beat a hooker to death with his gun, might have been Ellie Brass' hooker friend.  Either way, he plays an exterminator on "Good Luck Charlie," which always makes me think, when he's called over in one episode about a gopher or something, that he's going to beat it to death with his gun ... after he fucks it.

I hate "Good Luck Charlie."

They are saving that for the TV movie.

One last thing: My god, does the dad in "Good Luck Charlie" look like he could be Triple H's freakin' dad?

I always thought he could be Chris Hemsworth's

Posted Image

(The fact he's more well known as a hooker killer and/or gay stripper - he also played one of Saul Rubinek's psychopathic bodyguards in True Romance - makes me very sad)

Past the Christmas party in season 7 of The Office.  Seeing Dwight pound on Jim with snowballs was AWESOME.  Jim was a dick - blasting Dwight in the face (indoors, no less) with a snowball for disagreeing about snowfall?  Way over the line.  So Dwight knocking him down and bloodying him with snowballs was great.  And the fake Christmas present/snowball?  That was just beautiful. 

I'm enjoying season 7 a lot more than I expected.  And, ya know, maybe Darryl is my favorite character.

Hell if you can make it through the "Glee" episode you can make it through anything.  I'd say watch the whole series.  The final season improves somewhat, despite adding some silly B story bullshit to put Jim and Pam in "peril".  Since you don't give a shit about those characters you're fine.

I'm almost to the end of season 7 now.  The quality REALLY picked up with Steve Carrell's last few episodes.  The scene of him asking Holly to marry him was just awesome.  The departure episodes were great.  And I LOVED the symbolic handing over of the microphone pack by Michael.  That was a nice touch. 

For the most part, the show does a great job of not doing anything that makes no sense with "a camera crew" there.  But the episode where Jim leaves Michael at a gas station and Michael then wanders around, leading to his reunion with Holly, just makes no sense.  Why wouldn't the camera crew just tell Michael what happened? 

You guys have convinced me to at least give season 8 a try :)

Incidentally, www.wuphf.com is still an active web site ;)

Happy Saved By The Bell:The New Class day. Twenty Years ago it debuted and life was never the same. 

Why wouldn't the camera crew just tell Michael what happened? 

Not to spoil anything. But you will soon learn, the producers do not give a fuck if these people die and are genuine creeps.

Since we're winding down to the final episode of Breaking Bad and fans of the show are hoping for a great ending, it got me thinking about what I believe to be one of the best endings to a series. This is the last minutes of HBO's Six feet Under.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kFj11Y9iAvc

I'm sitting at my desk at work, on a computer with no speakers and watching those last 6 minutes still tears me apart inside.