DVDVR Message Board

What we missed the last two weeks...

DEAN

The big thing in sports is The Ashes opening with an exciting 2 1/3 days of cricket and Agar's 98

The only thing I (and most Americans) understood about this post: 

Posted Image

• Like 3

What a wild tournament it was!  But good on Murray for finally winning at Wimbledon.  Glad to see him win it

Aye it was with the injuries (seven retirements in one day!), the matches, the upsets and the results. I feel the same way as you. I like both Marion Bartoli and Sabine Lisicki so I wasn't sure who I wanted to win the Ladies Wimbledon Championship. Bartoli deserved to win. Great reply by her to John Inverdale's shameful comments.

LA, and Cleveland sports fans are now obsessed with the 2014 NBA off season. Too bad they'll be upset to learn that LBJ will want to return to the Magic City for the Heat's Four-peat. 

Oh how fun it would be for Riley to convince only Bosh to optout and use his money to sign Kobe in '14.  

The Lakers have 1 player under contract for 2014... then 40 year old Steve Nash.  That's really not good.

Lakers tank this year, get the #1 pick in *shocking* lottery upset, draft Wiggins, sign at least one big name free agent not nicknamed King, and give Kobe one last shot at a title.

I am 100% more interested in college basketball than I am any other year (read: typically it's 0%) due to the uncertainty of where LeBron will end up.

The Lakers going into full-on tank mode would be relevant to my interests - if they can snap up the #1 ping pong ball. Wiggins/LeBron/Shell of his former self Kobe would be interesting/exciting/frightening all at once. 

The Cavs building a starting lineup that is basically just missing a Small Forward is really cute. That Bynum signing is straight out of their 2009 playbook. Is Danny Ferry holding the book again? Such a sad ex-girlfriend.

The time the board was down was just completely astonishing in the NHL.

Nothing will top Jeremy Roenick's twitter tirade at that shithead Kovalchuk announcing his retirement though. I've tributed a small part of this as my new signature, as it somehow seemed appropriate here.

And Arsenal signed Higuain, Torres, Suarez, Rooney & Fellaini. And by signed I mean have done nothing of the sort.... For those of you that follow football.

Dude, no worries, any number of 40-pound, 15-year-old Frenchmen will soon be on the payroll.

Excited?  You betcha!

People should be going crazy over Colin's ESPN photo shoot.  I'm not usually keen on that many tattoos, but hubba hubba! 

*cues chika-chika-wow-wow*

The ladies are really all about Gary Player. He is in shockingly good shape for a man his age though.