DVDVR Message Board

What we missed the last two weeks...

DEAN

Yeah, you don't throw a fight by letting yourself get knocked out.  I could see the point of view if maybe he let himself get taken down and just gave up his back and let himself get choked out but nobody is going to purposely let someone clock them in the face and get knocked out cold like that.  

I don't get the Weidman looking done part.  I thought he stayed really composed the whole time and just kept the pressure on Anderson.  I think that threw Anderson even deeper into his mockery tactics because he's not used to someone fighting him that way.  Everyone is usually very intimidated and tentative.  Weidman just kept moving forward on him.  I thought when Weidman elected to give up on takedowns and stand with him that he'd get blasted.  

He looked heavy footed and tired, good chance he wouldn't have survived the third. Anderson stuffed his takedown right at the start of the second, too. It just felt like everything was going well and then DUUUUUUUUURRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Yeah, you don't throw a fight by letting yourself get knocked out.  I could see the point of view if maybe he let himself get taken down and just gave up his back and let himself get choked out but nobody is going to purposely let someone clock them in the face and get knocked out cold like that.  

Agreed. My theory was that he wanted to win spectacularly and didn't give a fuck if he lost attempting it. I doubt he felt that way afterward.

The Brooklyn Nets spent a trillion dollars on a bunch of old men, including an old fashioned AK47.

All that money, just for LeBron and Co. to curbstomp them  anyway.  The Nets could have set their money on fire, Joker from The Dark Knight style and been better off.

Oh, and Anna Benson?  Is available!  Get in line NOW!

Agreed. My theory was that he wanted to win spectacularly and didn't give a fuck if he lost attempting it. I doubt he felt that way afterward.

Yeah I agree. Although he probably never thought he'd lose at all. Probably will see the most vicious Anderson ever in the rematch. Another thing though is once you get knocked out it seems to be easier to get knocked out after that.

Yeah I agree. Although he probably never thought he'd lose at all. Probably will see the most vicious Anderson ever in the rematch. Another thing though is once you get knocked out it seems to be easier to get knocked out after that.

Yeah, and I think Weidman will probably be smart enough not to trade. He'll be better too. That punch caught him in the sweet spot though, he hasn't taken much punishment over the years so hopefully he's not as messed up as guys like Chuck and Wanderlei ended up.

Birdman is still the ugliest fucker alive. Canada's men's soccer team still sucks with great force. Blue Jays still in last place. Not much has changed since the board went kaboom.

Birdman is still the ugliest fucker alive. Canada's men's soccer team still sucks with great force. Blue Jays still in last place. Not much has changed since the board went kaboom.

The Jets have given their fans the oppurtunity to chant "GOOCH" by acquiring Devin Setoguchi, so that's new.