DVDVR Message Board

Southpaw Regional Wrestling

Dolfan in NYC

Reason #5238 to hate Dolph Ziggler: while everyone is doing funny and inventive parodies of 80s wrestling, Dolph takes the opportunity to fully do what I assume his 2017 gimmick was supposed to be.

Butchers were the definite highlight for me

Also, the next time we get one of these. . .and since they're sponsored, I'm assuming that there will be more in the future. . .it would be something if the sponsor managed to get an actual Southpaw Regional Wrestling show. Wrestle it 80s style, put it in some fairgrounds somewhere, and run it on the Network. I'd probably just loop it on my television for a week.

• Like 2

If we get another season, Id love them to play around with timelines.  A mid 90's Southpaw could be amazing, Lance Catamaran as an evil authority figure, "Ice Cool" John Johnson, Pelvis Wesley becoming a rapper, a super stable that takes over.

On ‎8‎/‎19‎/‎2017 at 4:41 PM, Gonzo said:

Also, the next time we get one of these. . .and since they're sponsored, I'm assuming that there will be more in the future. . .it would be something if the sponsor managed to get an actual Southpaw Regional Wrestling show. Wrestle it 80s style, put it in some fairgrounds somewhere, and run it on the Network. I'd probably just loop it on my television for a week.

This needs to be taped in a studio in like some place like Idaho

• Like 1

Big Bartholomew was probably still on the farm, beginning his budding friendship with Christian Joy, when Southpaw was on in 1986.  He hadn't debuted yet.

I also thought that Malibu Al was Anderson and wondered why he was doing two gimmicks.  It's even better knowing it's AJ.

Southpaw is WWE's best idea since NXT (the performance center version, not the weekly "competition" show). They really do need to run an actual SRW show at one of their big weekend events. Of course we'd never get to see Danny Bandana vs. Rene Beret, but I'd love to see how these guys take their characters to the ring.

• 5 weeks later...
On 9/22/2017 at 9:43 AM, Dolfan in NYC said:

i guess this is exciting for everyone that has WWE Network but doesn't have access to YouTube?

i mean, if they would've mentioned something about bonus features, extra interviews, or something, that'd be awesome. but posting up the 4 episodes from Season 1 is what, a half hour of previously seen content? not exactly gonna set the world on fire.

On 8/23/2017 at 5:21 PM, Dolfan in NYC said:

Seriously you guys, Rusev is awesome and we don't deserve him.  

The fact we haven't gotten Rusev and Lana turning face and embracing America is a fucking crime against humanity. Rusev could be everything Roman isn't. He can go in the ring, can talk, he's funny, would be great for morning shows, and other mainstream outlets WWE whores itself out to. Rusev and Lana could have been on par with Randy and Liz if allowed to be.

• Like 2

On 9/25/2017 at 2:49 PM, Nice Guy Eddie said:

The fact we haven't gotten Rusev and Lana turning face and embracing America is a fucking crime against humanity. Rusev could be everything Roman isn't. He can go in the ring, can talk, he's funny, would be great for morning shows, and other mainstream outlets WWE whores itself out to. Rusev and Lana could have been on par with Randy and Liz if allowed to be.

Good lord. I just had visions of Lana being beat down by Tamina at Wrestlemania and having Rusev run in like Miss Elizabeth at Mania 8. 

I may have just shed a tear. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Good lord. I just had visions of Lana being beat down by Tamina at Wrestlemania and having Rusev run in like Miss Elizabeth at Mania 7.

I may have just shed a tear. 

fixed 

I'd like to believe when Rusev proposed to Lana, they were cosplaying as Randy and Liz.

Lana, will you marry me?

:::in fake Russian accent:::Oooooohh yeeaahhh.

• 2 years later...