DVDVR Message Board

Southpaw Regional Wrestling

Dolfan in NYC

Southpaw Regional Wrestling needs to be the venue that finally reveals who Yomamba the Jungle Savage is. Two, they need to bring in Chuck Taylor so the Swamp Monster and Sea Creature can be a tag team. Three, Catamaran also does a good job of channeling Will Farrell's Alex Trebek impression as well.

Fuck, had this been released earlier, this would have pushed Jericho over the hump against Kenny Omega in March Madness.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, cubbymark said:

Southpaw Regional Wrestling needs to be the venue that finally reveals who Yomamba the Jungle Savage is. Two, they need to bring in Chuck Taylor so the Swamp Monster and Sea Creature can be a tag team. Three, Catamaran also does a good job of channeling Will Farrell's Alex Trebek impression as well.

Fuck, had this been released earlier, this would have pushed Jericho over the hump against Kenny Omega in March Madness.

Well isn't the Swamp Monster currently a ref at NXT right now.  At least a version of Swamp Monster

1 hour ago, just drew said:

Lance Catamaran would be a serious upgrade on either of WWE's commentary teams right now.

I'm thinking him and Corey Graves are handling NXT Takeover's preshow matches. Or whatever bouts they run at Axxess.

Lance's regular partner doesn't do live shows, doesn't want to risk missing any eagerly awaited calls.

• Like 2

John Johnson's promo reminds me of Jumping Jeff Farmer:

I'm still giggling over Big Bartholomew and Christian Joy nonsensically chanting "USA! USA!" while Jericho's character weakly points out that the Banker is American too.  Lol, that could easily happen today.

• Like 1

It hits too close to home for Corny since he lived it.

I downloaded CAW's of Sea Creature, Mr. Mackleroy, Big Bartholomew, and the others for 2k17. The match I did with Big Bart vs. The Sea Creature was outstanding. Sadly I couldn't win the farm back at this time, but I will go double or nothing in a cage match next time.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Horton Hears a Wooo!!! said:

Is the Sea Creature an American?  Or does he make his home more than three miles from shore, and thus would be considered to live in international waters.

On TBS, he'd be referred to as an international object.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Tell Jim Cornette to fuck Jim Cornette

Cornette strikes me as the kind of the guy who would see this and think that Vince was making fun of Southern wrestling instead of it just being the boys goofing off. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, The Nature Boy said:

Cornette strikes me as the kind of the guy who would see this and think that Vince was making fun of Southern wrestling instead of it just being the boys goofing off. 

I think there is a degree of that. Not a big part, mind you, but there nonetheless. 

25 minutes ago, Cristobal said:

I liked this so much I tried Georgia Gold chicken.

It was terrible, but more of these shows please. 

I rarely eat KFC, but I'd be more likely to try the Georgia Gold chicken because of not Ric Flair than Enzo the chicken fucker.

• Like 2

I fucking loved every minute. I would pay good money to see the outtakes too.

I really, really, really hope there's a Greg Valentine cameo or a Brian Costello cameo in a future episode. 

2 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I would love to see Cornette locked inside a giant pod.

Corvette's anti-WWE crusade would have more credibility if he hadn't spent over a decade with them and served in a prominent role. The guy was at one point in charge of their developmental program and was given the opportunity to do the job while living in Kentucky. It's not like he was some pariah in WWE until he decided that slapping students was a good move. 

• Like 1

Yeah, his anti-WWE slant is a little extreme. I get that he feels fucked over but he's in "Superstar Graham in the 90s" level of irrational bitterness. Although, Cornette is carny as fuck. He'd go back to WWE in a second and probably gets that his schtick plays well with disgruntled fans. 

• Like 1