DVDVR Message Board

Southpaw Regional Wrestling

Dolfan in NYC

14 minutes ago, Go2Sleep said:

The shaky hand-cam for the studio bits is a nice touch.

Also, "just because you paid Greg Valentine to put me in an arm bar for two and half hours..."

Don't forget Bad News Allen getting paid to claw his eye out. 

Another great line is Chet Chetterfield's delivery of "Clint is a piece of sh...." Cannot be understated, too funny.

Jericho is way too good in this role.

I wish Larry Sweeney was still around, I feel like this universe is the one that he came from.  Tex Ferguson v Larry Sweeney for the ICWICWCA TexArkana Title in Silvertown, USA seems straight from the results pages of Inside Wrestling in 1987.

• Like 6

Heel buying the babyface's ranch was an actual storyline in WOW. Rusev/Lana are now the WWE's answer to Bronco Billie. The heel was called the Disciplinarian, which happened to be HHH's character name when he guested on the Drew Carey show.

Dang, I'm starting to think I've watched too much pro wrestling.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Josh Mann said:

The Sea Creature was Shane. That's a rumor I'm starting here.

I think it might be Kane.  He has experience as a Creature and I'm sure he had the green tights someplace.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Phantom Lord said:

Was it me, or did it appear with each episode that poor Chet was getting balder as his comb over got worse and worse. Chet and Lance are easily the best color team since Chet Lemon & Black Snow.

He absolutely was.

• Like 1

I loved this. I only wish that Dean Ambrose would have played Chet. I'm also impressed that Cena and Jericho would do this. This seemed like a labor of love and as someone pointed out wrestlers can be creative and this is an example why over scripting isn't necessary.

I'm not going to rule out Daniel Bryan on a milk crate, and neither should you. 

That said, Sea Creature has trap muscles for days. Kind of like a certain former anchor from Utica, NY. 

But since we can't see him, I can't say for certain.