DVDVR Message Board

MASS EFFECT: ANDROMEDA (Here be Spoilers)

RIPPA

A co-worker of mine that lurks the board said that my rants about the Character Generator sound much better if you read them in the voice of Rory Breaker from Lock, Stock, and Two Smoking Barrels.

I laughed and laughed and told him to go fuck himself.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, J.T. said:

No, it will be a Bioware game when I am on a mission and there is something tucked away on some obscure part of the map that I don't bother to search that I need for a mission I haven't done yet.  Then I rage and swear and start all over again.

While this is funny, I will stress strongly: This game has a lot of "hidden loot" kinda stuff from my experience so far. Some of which was very powerful.

Also, in my deluxe edition multiplayer pack yesterday, I got two new Gold guns, and a gold character. Feels good to have a couple not completely awful weapons now

I'm wandering around checking every stupid thing on every place I go.  I really don't look forward to the game telling me I should've found some invisible set of dog tags during a priority mission on some planet to which I can never return.  Sorry Mr ambassador.  You're just gonna be stuck there looking morose.

Forgot to mention.  Here's a handy, though incomplete, Melraz to Mass Effect translator.

Three-toed sloth with a head shaped like a football with a hole in it = Salarian.

Giant goldfish = Krogan.

I really hope there's a Yahg in this game now.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Robert C said:

I really hope there's a Yahg in this game now.

Oh for the love of God do not put this evil on me.  Rippa stole enough kills as a Krogan.

That mother fucker does not need a Yahg character.

Melraz will change his feelings about Krogan when he unlocks one for multiplayer and makes his first melee kill.  Goldfish can't shatter the human ribcage with one punch.

I would be surprised if the Yahg are even referenced in this.

Character creation wasn't so bad for me though I can definitely see what people are talking about with the lack of options. I just happened to luck out for my Ryder. Even then I still think I would have liked a different hair though I'm not sure what.

17 minutes ago, Eivion said:

I would be surprised if the Yahg are even referenced in this.

Everyone should be surprised if a Yahg shows up in Andromeda since the Yahg are a Milky Way race and are a pre space flight race.

Something that Cyanide said reminded me that I wanted to make this general point

If you played Dragon Age: Inquisition some of the design choices make more sense

Like I am not as overwhelmed with all the inventory things because I have seen this somewhat before

3 minutes ago, J.T. said:

Everyone should be surprised if a Yahg shows up in Andromeda since the Yahg are a Milky Way race and are a pre space flight race.

And now I'm furiously working on headcanon where Maelon has somehow acquired the "uplift" designate yahgs from that base on Sur'Kesh and has snuck them aboard the salarian ark...

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Something that Cyanide said reminded me that I wanted to make this general point

If you played Dragon Age: Inquisition some of the design choices make more sense

Like I am not as overwhelmed with all the inventory things because I have seen this somewhat before

Yeah, I never played Dragon Age, but I've seen some of the BioWare comments reflecting that a lot of the stuff in ME:A was basically "if it ain't broke, don't fix it"ed from DA:I.  So that would make sense as to why it may be jarring to me but already mostly familiar to others!

7 minutes ago, Cyanide said:

And now I'm furiously working on headcanon where Maelon has somehow acquired the "uplift" designate yahgs from that base on Sur'Kesh and has snuck them aboard the salarian ark...

Also this game happens six centuries after the Reaper War, so the Yahg as a race are probably seasoned space travelers in the Milky Way by the time the arks arrive in Andromeda.

Okay God bless this game for giving me 8 free MP packs

And God Bless it even more because the 2nd pack gave me A GOD DAMN KROGAN VANGUARD!!!

EDIT - Oh I am sorry - did I say 8... yeah it like a fucking dozen

If I could figure out how to stick my dick inside my machine I would

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Okay God bless this game for giving me 8 free MP packs

And God Bless it even more because the 2nd pack gave me A GOD DAMN KROGAN VANGUARD!!!

EDIT - Oh I am sorry - did I say 8... yeah it like a fucking dozen

If I could figure out how to stick my dick inside my machine I would

Settle down, Urdnot Rippa.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, El Dragon said:

While this is funny, I will stress strongly: This game has a lot of "hidden loot" kinda stuff from my experience so far.

Not to mention endless datapads and terminals to examine/read. 

7 hours ago, RIPPA said:

These are general non-spoiler things just about the single player

- I only died once missing a jump so I am kinda proud of myself. I did get stuck in some rocks during a battle though and killed that way.

- I have watched enough wrestling that Ryder's wandering eye doesn't bother me at all

- At one point I was in a dark place and I spun around and not Lucio was standing there like the God Damn slender man and scared the shit out of me and my wife.

- I definitely fucking have no idea how I am gonna build my characters but I do know the first skill point immediately went into more health

- Concussive shot is still fucking awesome

I spent a good 15 minutes trying to climb up a rock to jump across something only to eventually realize i couldmt do it and had to get there a different route. 

I've got a Turian something and an Asari something else that I haven't tried yet.  So far I'm sticking with the human soldier I started with and the Krogan mercenary I got from some pack or other.  I'm better with the human, but the Krogan is much more fun.

3 minutes ago, Robert C said:

I've got a Turian something and an Asari something else that I haven't tried yet.  So far I'm sticking with the human soldier I started with and the Krogan mercenary I got from some pack or other.  I'm better with the human, but the Krogan is much more fun.

So long as you remember that Krogans are not paper tigers, you're good. 

You're supposed to be headbutting people until their skulls crack open, not languishing behind cover listening for breaks in enemy gunfire.

Ooof... my Turian was so squishy.

Somehow did manage to get a full extraction on my first Bronze game. Didn't realize that Bronze is only 6 waves and extraction now (still takes as long though)

I am going to run one Krogan Vanguard mission and then I will have to wait till tonight

11 minutes ago, Robert C said:

Mostly I headbutt things to hold em still till melraz snipes them from across the map, the kill stealing bastard.

I did kill an Iron Giant with a headbutt yesterday, while Dan stood there and shook his head.

God, if Melraz likes to snipe he will make for a poor Krogan. 

The only distance a Krogan cares about is how many steps it will take before he is able to ram his fist through your chest cavity.

I have played zero minutes of Andromeda multiplayer, but previous experience tells me that Humans, Salarians and Turians should have the powers that will best synergize with sharpshooting like Energy Drain or something.

Something I've noticed so far...I'm not going to admit how much of this game I've played already, but it's a lot.  They really slacked on the variety of aliens in this universe.  I've only encountered two new species of intelligent life, and have no reason to believe there is going to be more.  The thing the first trilogy did that really drew you into the galaxy, was that it was full of diverse life.  Honestly, 90% of the species you encounter will be from the first trilogy, and you won't be seeing a good percentage of them.  Remember the first time you walked around the Citadel and there were those pink floaty things, those elephants without trunks, and those dudes who looked like they were wearing those sunglasses that Christian used to wear?  Don't expect that experience to repeat it self in the Andromeda galaxy.