DVDVR Message Board

MASS EFFECT: ANDROMEDA (Here be Spoilers)

RIPPA

Assault Turrets definitely have their uses in this game, man.

Enemies will automatically aggro on them, so they are much better distractors than they use to be.  The 6 spot also adds a primer that you can detonate if you are an Engineer or an Angaran Insurgent if you also set your Trip Mines to be a detonator.

My favorite thing to do in Gold matches as an Angaran Insurgent is to find a corridor where I can place my mines and turret in a manner that enemies will get hosed by the Flamethrower and then blunder into my Trip Mine where the resulting Fire Combo usually takes out anyone unfortunate enough to be near the primed enemy.

I've only found Barricade to be useful when it is leveled up to 6 and has the Feedback feature that primes enemies for Tech Combos.  It is a good "Oh, Shit!" power for maps where cover is sparse and you need to recover shield power (and maybe don't want to burn a First Aid doing so), but most maps tend to have areas where you can bunker down if you choose.

6 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

I like that you have forgotten that I never take cover

I rarely bothered taking cover that often in ME3 either unless there was a Grab in it for me.

Gold matches will break your run and gun habit or prepare to invest heavily in Revives and First Aids.

You can get away with fast break offense in Silver matches once you gain some map familiarity and have a character that is 10+.

In lieu of no more grabs, jet jump melee strikes on enemies cowering behind cover will be your new best friend.

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

Oh please - don't try and run that "I didn't take cover in ME3" nonsense

I was there. I saw some things...

You can take Liam's "that's what shields are for" attitude if you want to.

The first time you're in a Silver or Gold match with Kett and you try to outlast an Anointed out in the open with a spooled up Soned, you'll learn your lesson and heed the bubble help's suggestion that cover isn't always optional.

I have a feeling that you will learn to hate the words One Life To Live when it shows up as an APEX Silver or Gold match stip.

I was specifically referring to you saying you didn't take cover in ME3

I think Mark still has flashbacks to being yelled at.

Now that being said - I only run Krogan's when One Life to Live shows up since I will take all the extra protection I can get.

Had good success lately playing both Salarians. I think ive actually finished first a couple times. 

It probably helped yesterday that i did everything with same group of randoms and we had the same 2 maps the whole time (derelict and zero)

Human Female Sentinel, Level 6-X. Started a Bronze vs Outlaws solo, for the daily. Nobody showed up until Wave 4. No Revives used. That felt pretty bad-ass.

Also, the Human Female Sentinel is really good looking.

I just thought I'd start solo, because it would help me get medals.But then nobody joined for ages (which is unusual, because generally if you start solo and make it to the end of Wave 1, at least one other person has showed up), so I kept going. Energy Drain, Throw, kill. N7 Hurricane for the Adhis.

17 hours ago, AxB said:

Human Female Sentinel, Level 6-X. Started a Bronze vs Outlaws solo, for the daily. Nobody showed up until Wave 4. No Revives used. That felt pretty bad-ass.

I outlasted Outlaws up to Wave 5 Bronze yesterday with my Level 18-IV Turian Soldier until help arrived for the Daily. 

Now I know why he was about to be court martialed for his involvement in a massacre.

The new Daily Challenge is Combat Power damage, which like the Biotic and Tech Damage ones, does not work.

So, Havarl is a wrap for now.  Scanned the mutant animals for the Nexus scientists (chose to keep a copy of the Roekkar data), finished up the Unearthed assigned task, and found another Roekkar manifesto.

Leveled up to 21 and unlocked the Tier 4 crafting items.  Fucked up and went apeshit upgrading the Nomad, so I ran out of Platinum and had to craft a Tier 4 set of augmented Initiative Scout Armor for myself, then I scrapped my Tier 3 weapons and armor for materials and used MP Pathfinder Loot Boxes to arm myself.

Now I have a Black Widow IV, a Falcon IV, a Katana IV, and a Carnifax IV.  I still have 100% Cooldown since I took the massive Weight Reduction class perk for Offensive Tech and I also nabbed both of the Extra Holster perks for Combat Tools which further lowers my weapon mass..

I think the only reason I took both of the Extra Holster perks for Combat is because I didn't want to see any padlock icons in my load-out screens.

It bugs me a little that I don't have crafted weapons, but I'll have to deal with that until I horde enough MW points to smith myself some proper Terran slug throwers.

I don't have any points invested in active Combat Powers now.  I redistributed those points in the passive weapon skills to make Ryder decent with all firearms since I'm now packing one weapon from each weapon type.

I also respecced my Tech Powers and set them for Thermal Cloak, Flamethrower, and Energy Drain and my Offensive Tech 4 perk set for Anti Armor instead of Anti Shield..  I figure I can use Augmentations to better deal with Blue bars once I start crafting MW weapons again and if push comes to shove, I can bring Liam along since he is specced for Anti Shield duty.

As I said before, I prefer to use Earth guns, so my MW research points usually go towards weapon upgrades  My Helius RPs investments will eventually earn me a badass set of Helius Defender Armor and my Remnant RPs go towards Augmentations and I will eventually dev and produce a couple of the advanced beam weapons.

I think I am ready for Voeld.

I still have to clear out that fucking Kett base on Eos, but that will have to wait a bit.

As much as I wanted to reach level 6 on each profiles without using the respec station I probably need to suck it up and just do it.

I need like 15 more levels to have enough points (I am already beyond 110) and there is nothing like to get XP on outside killing the random batches of dudes that spawn on various places.

Of course I still haven't gotten either of the falling/jumping ones so my desire to get all the achievements has died for the moment

I am so OCD ridden that I turned Helmets on and will leave them on until I flip the switch on the Voeld vault and temperatures normalize.

Please, God.  Help me...

At least I was bright enough to choose the Bonus Life Support packs as one of my Consumables.  I need to thaw out the peeps that give me bonus Consumable slots the next time I have a lot of AVP to spend.

20 hours ago, RIPPA said:

I was specifically referring to you saying you didn't take cover in ME3

I think Mark still has flashbacks to being yelled at.

Oh, you had to take cover at some point in ME3 if only to score a Grab.

Why should Mark have flashbacks?   I will cheerfully yell at him today if we're all in MP this afternoon so that his trauma will be more recent.

Oh, and you guys caught this bit of flavor text in the mission briefing for last weekend's Gold APEX strike on Firebase Aqua , right?

“Trying to boost the signal. Unknown if… tech seems to be helping even if we don’t know the… back to Keelah Si’yah. …way home.”

Bioware is still teasing that Quarian DLC even though there's no dev team in place in Montreal to work on it.

Just now, RIPPA said:

Bioware announced that Firebase Aqua will join the regular map rotation starting tomorrow.

I will hate that map if I am fighting anyone other than Roekkar or Kett.

Apparently the new APEX mission is Kett on Aqua (and kicks off the series of Kett APEX Missions since the first three were Remnant and we just finished three Roekkar ones)

Have you noticed with the daily challenges, if you're online when they expire and you haven't done them yet, the time limit rolls over and gives you another 24 hours? And then if you finish them and you go offline, and come back on a minute or two later, the new objective is sitting there waiting for you. 

7 hours ago, AxB said:

Have you noticed with the daily challenges, if you're online when they expire and you haven't done them yet, the time limit rolls over and gives you another 24 hours? And then if you finish them and you go offline, and come back on a minute or two later, the new objective is sitting there waiting for you. 

Thought something like that happened, but i was just confused. 

El Dragon and I dragged Rippa kicking and screaming to victory in a Gold APEX match last night. 

Four more Gold matches and he can join the UNWAVERING, BABY~! club along with the rest of us.

I got nothing done in Campaign Mode yesterday. 

Poor Scott is still standing on the bridge of the Tempest waiting for me to stop being lazy while the ship is in orbit over one of the planets in the same system as Voeld.

So, romance options.  Why can't hetero Scott Ryder hook up with the cutie Texan cowgirl merchant that sets up shop on Havarl?

I was perfectly fine during the Gold.

I died more in the Silver APEX we did and that was because Dan and I kept getting killed trying to revive the dude who decided that would be his very first MP mission 

4 hours ago, RIPPA said:

I was perfectly fine during the Gold.

I died more in the Silver APEX we did and that was because Dan and I kept getting killed trying to revive the dude who decided that would be his very first MP mission 

Well, to be fair to our performance as a squad, the Silver APEX match had a handicap stip while the Gold match had a boon.

TBH, the Silver APEX match felt more challenging than the Gold one..  The key to beating the Gold APEX match was as simple as only using assault rifle class weapons, meanwhile we had our Health and Shields gimped in the Silver match and the key to victory was, "Hope I don't get shot too much."

I don't even bother doing Gold APEX matches in multiplayer where the stip is Weakened Assault Team and the enemies are Kett. 

That shit goes straight to one of my Level 20 Strike Teams.

14 hours ago, AxB said:

Yes, I hate that.  It takes forever for bugged Daily Challenges to get flushed. 

Right before I was about to go to bed, the screwed up Combat Power DC expired and 14 Waves on Firebase Sandstorm showed up just in time for me to run the new Silver APEX mission that popped up in my queue along with another Bronze Quick Match. 

I completed the new DC in about a half an hour.  Now I have to wait until the next DC populates.

I was telling Dan about this yesterday but supposedly - some of the writers of the game where a part of a Twitch stream recently (the MP ones) and teased that they are working on something exciting Andromeda related.

One went as so far to say that "everything will be wrapped up nicely for players"

So basically everyone is saying that is either that they are going to do one big DLC and then be done with it. Others said it might end up being a graphic novel and comic that ties up the loose ends (part of that seems to stem from the fact that the first Andromeda Dark Horse comic game out this week).

Let me see if I can find the one story I found yesterday...