DVDVR Message Board

MASS EFFECT: ANDROMEDA (Here be Spoilers)

RIPPA

Text has been sent. 

It was formerly signed by the mayor. Stouts parcipation will be expected!

I still dont know how to use certain characters. Gimme a gun, preferably one with a scope and I'm good. Probably not as good if I could learn how to shoot orbs outta my ass but imma old dog. Cant learn all these new tricks. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, melraz09 said:

I still dont know how to use certain characters. Gimme a gun, preferably one with a scope and I'm good. Probably not as good if I could learn how to shoot orbs outta my ass but imma old dog. Cant learn all these new tricks. 

You can make a sniper out of nearly any character, but I'd probably pick the classes that either had Tactical Cloak, Overload, or Energy Drain.

Infiltrators usually make the best snipers, but most Engineers and the Angaran Insurgent should also be able to serve as a sniper since they can use their powers to damage shields and briefly stun enemies long enough to score a headshot.

The only problem with rolling with an Engineer sniper is that sniper rifles are heavy so that will cut into your cooldown recovery rate unless you spec your powers to improve cooldown or sacrifice a mod slot on the sniper rifle for any of the Ultralight Material mods.

• Like 1

I need to play with the skills more. Ive use the soldiers the most (human and turian), a krogan and salarian next and the asari huntress lastly. 

My play styles are about the same for all except the huntress, I like the stealth grid especially for the hacks and extracts. Then the krogan I just try to hulk smash everything. 

I wish i would have played all the M.E. games I think I would have a better feel and idea on what the hell is going on. 

1 minute ago, melraz09 said:

I need to play with the skills more. Ive use the soldiers the most (human and turian), a krogan and salarian next and the asari huntress lastly. 

My play styles are about the same for all except the huntress, I like the stealth grid especially for the hacks and extracts. Then the krogan I just try to hulk smash everything. 

I wish i would have played all the M.E. games I think I would have a better feel and idea on what the hell is going on. 

I played the first 3, but I'm kinda in the same boat.  I always stuck with soldier characters and never played MP, so I have no clue how most things work.  

I really need to try a vanguard sometime.  I have a Krogan vanguard that's like level VII that I've never played.

46 minutes ago, Robert C said:

I really need to try a vanguard sometime.  I have a Krogan vanguard that's like level VII that I've never played.

Vanguards are very in your face and high risk / high reward.

Your bread and butter as a KV will be using Biotic Charge to rip into groups of enemies and then shotty murdering or headbutting the crap out of whatever is left standing.

If you really like combat from medium to long range, you will probably hate being a Vanguard of any kind, but the KV in ME3 had the reputation of being one of the more unkillable and offensively broken classes in the game.  You were, for all intent and purpose, a walking wrecking ball.

Krogan aren't nearly the Melee Machines of Doom with their bare hands that they were in ME3 multiplayer, so that is probably the class balance for the new version of the KV.

Even with the natural melee downgrade, I'd imagine it would be fun as hell to play a KV who had a decent shotgun and the Hammer to use as a skull barsher..

It looks like the mini exercise for [redacted] should be complete by 2330 EST (half past eleven for you non 24 hour clock peeps), so I should be at the 'rents and gaming shortly after midnight.  I'll probably be good for a couple hours of homicide in the name of APEX until the coffee wears off.

19 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

I'm getting really fucking tired of SAM telling me I have unread emails when I don't

I cannot even go to my quarters to flip on the music media device without SAM giving me several false positives about e-mail. 

There are lots and lots of broken dialogue triggers in the game.

Speaking of e-mail, Suvi has mad keyboarding skills. 

No sooner than Suvi and I had our talk about science and spirituality and I chose not to give her the standard Morrigan "I Do Not Believe In The Intelligent Design Of Cosmic Absentee Father Figures" answer, than I checked my e-mail to see if my next interview with Keri was coming up and Suvi had already sent me a Thanks For Being Awesome response.

My yoga practicing significant other has told me that the Asari poses that Lexi discusses in her e-mail are not quite basic, but very doable in real life.

5 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

Suvi is/was an awesome GF for Veronika Ryder.

SAM also tells me i have AVP when i do not. 

My Male Ryder is quite hetero.  It looks like I am going to roll with Cora and also attempt to get my Kirk on and sleep with the Asari videodoc journalist and the Angaran historian babe.

I thought about trying to hit if off with Vetra, but I consider her to be my true XO so sleeping with her would be awkward.

2 minutes ago, J.T. said:

My Male Ryder is quite hetero.  It looks like I am going to roll with Cora and also attempt to get my Kirk on and sleep with the Asari videodoc journalist and the Angaran historian babe.

I thought about trying to hit if off with Vetra, but I consider her to be my true XO so sleeping with her would be awkward.

No zero G hanky panky with Peebee and her Remnant pal? 

13 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

No zero G hanky panky with Peebee and her Remnant pal? 

I have been informed by my significant other that under no circumstances am I get my freak on with Peebee.

It is not a racial thing since my request to casually pursue Keri has been greenlit.

It is personality thing.  There was quite the argument when I decided for the sake of DLC continuity that my Grey Warden should shack up with Morrigan even though my bae HATED Morrigan's snooty bullshit.....

.....and then I loathed the DA franchise so much thanks to the shitty second installment that I never got around to playing the DLC, much less beating the first game's campaign mode..

• Like 1

The Remnant pal stays outside the door the whole time. Like the camera does... I think the romances with non-crewmates (like Reyes or the Asari journalist) don't lead to love scenes, they lead to them walking into a room, it fading to black,them walking out again. Without having your crewmate partner standing outside and crying that you cheated on them and thought they didn't know (maybe in the sequel?).

34 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

I'm getting really fucking tired of SAM telling me I have unread emails when I don't

Its a glitch that I think came with the last patch.

19 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

SAM also tells me i have AVP when i do not. 

Have you you used all of your points?

15 minutes ago, AxB said:

The Remnant pal stays outside the door the whole time. Like the camera does... I think the romances with non-crewmates (like Reyes or the Asari journalist) don't lead to love scenes, they lead to them walking into a room, it fading to black,them walking out again. Without having your crewmate partner standing outside and crying that you cheated on them and thought they didn't know (maybe in the sequel?).

As if you couldn't trash your relationship in an alternate playthrough to unlock the inevitable romance achievement that will be in a sequel?

Manual Saves means being able to bonk Miranda, reverting to your Haestrom save, and never having to apologize to your ME1 boo in ME3 when you hook back up with her.

The romance achievement is to complete 3 romances across all play-throughs.

Spoiler

Which apparently annoyed some gay male gamers, because to get the trophy they need to either romance a woman, or play as one. Or wait for some DLC maybe.

11 minutes ago, AxB said:

The romance achievement is to complete 3 romances across all play-throughs.

Reveal hidden contents

Which apparently annoyed some gay male gamers, because to get the trophy they need to either romance a woman, or play as one. Or wait for some DLC maybe.

Spoiler

Jesus, are gay men so big of a market that they need that much dev service to their gameplay requirements?  I don't see the issue with firing up campaign mode and playing as a female.

It's not like Male Hetero Ryder's choices are all that spectacular and hetero dude gamers have no problems about playing briefly as a hetero woman on an alternate playthrough or, God forbid, playing a lesbian for completely juvenile reasons since Bioware pulled the trigger on nudity and we've ended the days of dry humping in full uniform.

Truth be told, I like the romance options open to Lesbian Ryder a little more than I do the ones available to Male Hetero Ryder. Dr. Anwar is a pretty awesome virtual human being.

1 hour ago, jstout said:

I got a text from the mayor that read r'
That's why he's the mayor of space.

Working, prolly be home about 11:30, will see who's on.

NBA has been cancelled tonight due to flooding. Your participation is not only requested but required to be in andromeda tonight. 

Signed

---''The Mayor"

Thats the actual text.

But you, along with everybody else knows I'm full of shit and dont blame you for watching basketball over playing xbox with an annoyong neighbor. 

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, melraz09 said:

But you, along with everybody else knows I'm full of shit and dont blame you for watching basketball over playing xbox with an annoyong neighbor. 

If I get to the 'rents and am still on a Folgers rush, the last thing on my mind will be basketball.

I probably won't be able to cycle downwards for a decent night's sleep without killing a few Outlaws..

If there are three of you online tonight late-ish doing APEX's good work, expect to invite a fourth.

• Like 1

I hope I can get on as well. Im gonna try to stay up till at least 5. Gotta go to work at 9pm tomorrow night. My schedule is weird right now. 8am saturday, 3pm sunday and monday and 9pm tuesday and wednesday. 

The boss usually goes to bed around midnight if that happens I'll be on. She sometimes gets a wild hair and stays up till 2 though. So who knows.

6 minutes ago, melraz09 said:

I hope I can get on as well. Im gonna try to stay up till at least 5. Gotta go to work at 9pm tomorrow night. My schedule is weird right now. 8am saturday, 3pm sunday and monday and 9pm tuesday and wednesday.

Yeah, I'm working swing shift in support of a few units undergoing their readiness reviews (company commanders bucking for a promotion have no sense of humor) so I will usually get to my folk's place around midnight and not crash until around three in the morning EST.

I think it is pretty funny that the protagonist in the Mass Effect games is a military guy, yet there is so much action and combat.. 

A video game based on the actual US military would be pretty boring.  Lots and lots of meetings and training exercises like this one and planning conferences and days spent maintaining equipment and checking supplies and then a firefight that lasts about thirty minutes and roll to credits.

• Like 1

I would just hide on a hill top in a ghillie suit with a 338. I would be a boring ass. Just sitting in one place for days waiting on 1 or 2 targets. Long as I had skoal and a stay cold keg with a camo straw i would be good. 

• Like 1