DVDVR Message Board

MASS EFFECT: ANDROMEDA (Here be Spoilers)

RIPPA

1 minute ago, El Dragon said:

The Deluxe Edition stuff takes all of about 5 minutes to install, so that shouldn't affect it much.

I'm just sitting around for 2 and a half hours.

I'm scanning planets, just like good ol ME2.

Random note, but you know what's helped me stay hyped in spite of the negative press for this game? I have 2 reasons.

No.1 No matter what, I could play multiplayer with you guys and yell and get annoyed and joke around with each other.

No.2 There is a 0% chance this game could let me down as much as the ending to Mass Effect 3 did. This could be a complete dud, but fuck at least it didn't destroy 5 years of my gaming life. :D

That will be the last reference to it for a good long while. Full of optimism for enjoying this, because for as many bad reviews that there are, there are TONS of players coming out of the wood work saying things i was worried about (Namely, that side quests would feel meaningless, which was a problem in DA:I) are actually much better then you'd think.

So far, it really feels no different than the other ME games. Admittedly, I've only finished the first two chapters (if that's how it can be broken down). I haven't really fiddled with some of the stuff on the ship yet (think that is vague enough to not spoil anything), but I can see doing a deep dive eventually. I'm really just trying to explore around right now and not get too far enough of everyone. Plus, I work Tuesday and Wednesday, so tonight will probably be my only real chance until Thursday afternoon.

I will say, I work 6:30-3 the next 3 days, but then have Friday, Saturday, and Sunday off. I'll probably mix and match single player and Multiplayer. I'll leave it to you guys on if you want to get some Multiplayer going this weekend. I don't think there's any official events going yet, but when there is, we gonna go nuts.

1 minute ago, RIPPA said:

You know - I'm actually shocked the metacritic score for the game is 75

I was positive it would be lower for a variety of reasons

It had a lot of stuff in the high 8's to offset some of the ones in the mid 6's. 

Once more, the thing that blows me away about reviews is just how widely spread they are on basically everything.

After playing some more Multiplayer, it just confirms what I was already thinking: For all the flaws this game may or may not have, I would certainly not count Combat as one of them. It's buggy, still, but fuck the combat is a good time.

BTW, 2 things if you don't know: Multiplayer is shorter now, 7 rounds instead of 10, with 7 being Extraction, and, big note for the game in general, there is no longer global cooldown. Each power has it's own cool down, which is a big change from 3. 

I think i only made it to level 5 in MP today. 

I think i now have 7 or 8 Character classes now, but only played the one.

i was getting stomped bad enough without using more level 1 characters. I think ive only done 2 maps and fought 1 enemy type so far. 

I cannot stress to y'all enough just how damn difficult the multiplayer combat is. It was lunacy. I'd have about three different critters on three different sides of me, shooting at me, gnawing on my leg, dry humping me. I swear to you, one robot teabagged me after I died once. It's still wildly fun. I just need better weapons - gotta have a better assault rifle.

How do you get better weapons/get upgrades for weapons in multiplayer? I got that down in single player, but not multiplayer.

I apparently did download enough to do the first mission. That was a nice introduction. I think I died a few times though that was because of general screw ups on my part when trying to adapt to the new system and land. Definitely feels like I'm going to have a harder time playing a sniper. The enemies seem to be way smarter. Still, those head shots make it worth t for me.

11 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Yeah - between the regular install, the deluxe edition stuff and the pre-order bonus - there is no chance I play anything tonight.

I got my copy last night and ran the install, fell asleep after Zayn / Joe, on RAW (which was a pretty good match despite the horrible booking), and installed the Deluxe Content this morning during breakfast.

If my boss decides to telecommute today, I am going to have a mysterious stomach ailment around lunch time and go explore the Helios Cluster.

2 hours ago, jstout said:

I cannot stress to y'all enough just how damn difficult the multiplayer combat is. It was lunacy. I'd have about three different critters on three different sides of me, shooting at me, gnawing on my leg, dry humping me. I swear to you, one robot teabagged me after I died once. It's still wildly fun. I just need better weapons - gotta have a better assault rifle.

How do you get better weapons/get upgrades for weapons in multiplayer? I got that down in single player, but not multiplayer.

What Rippa said.  You should earn credits aka in game money after missions that you should be able to redeem for equipment packs that will give you new weapons, upgrades like being able to carry more medi-gel, and stuff like that.

Well, fuck.  my boss came into the office today.

I will probably make myself scarce by 2PM by cashing in my time off award that I haven't been able to use for three years since I am the only really good LINUX guy on staff and I've pretty much been maintaining the sim training servers on my own consistently for the past 300 days or so.

Patch Management is a nightmare you do not want to endure.