DVDVR Message Board

MASS EFFECT: ANDROMEDA (Here be Spoilers)

RIPPA

I haven't played a minute of multiplayer yet, but I like it. I was ready for another RPG-type game (like Skyrim and Fallout 4, with leveling up and improving your weapons/armor, etc.), and the space setting is fun. I'm interested to see how the story plays out.

EDIT: Time was running out on my trial, so I decided to jump into multiplayer to see what its deal is. It's gonna be tough for me - I felt so sorry for my teammates having to constantly revive me until they just gave up on me and let me die. I never could swing into and out of cover soon enough, plus sometimes the enemy would wind up right behind me without me really noticing. Cover doesn't help when something's shooting you in the back at point-blank range.

4 hours ago, El Dragon said:

stout, if it's any condolence, this is at the point were everyone is most vulnerable in multiplayer. I was having a lot of problems extracting on bronze, and I play Gold at a reasonably high level on on ME3. All of our weapons in teh early going are shit, our characters aren't leveled up, etc. It gets easier.

I was noticing how the enemies' guns were so much more powerful than mine. It seems I would have to shoot them 300 times before even dropping their shields. Ran out of ammo a couple of times, too, that was fun.

The game seems to me to have a gigantic learning curve, but I'm less anxious and more excited by it.

24 minutes ago, jstout said:

I was noticing how the enemies' guns were so much more powerful than mine. It seems I would have to shoot them 300 times before even dropping their shields. Ran out of ammo a couple of times, too, that was fun.

The game seems to me to have a gigantic learning curve, but I'm less anxious and more excited by it.

I think it not being PvP might help on that. One key thing to remember about ME Multiplayer is you don't have to be the guy killing everyone to be contributing. As long as you are paying attention to the objectives, giving revives to teammates, and contributing some fire or debuffs, you are a key part of the team. God knows when I first started playing with Phil and J.T. I had nothing compared to them having everything, but I still found ways to try to help out. 

Also, that's not even going into potentially getting team builds going for some challenges down the line. Always fun to play as a total biotic death squad were everyone is priming and detonating each others shit.

Yep, my local Gamestop called me to say I should be there between 8:30 and 9:00 so they could get my receipt stamped and get everything finished up as soon as possible.

This isn't a huge town or anything, so I'm not sure if there are too many preorders for this thing, but I know I'm getting mine, and it shall be. . .

13 hours ago, RIPPA said:

My Gamestop just called to say that I can pick up my copy at 9 PM tomorrow night so RAW can go fuck itself.

I have gotten no such phone call.  Fuck Gamestop.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, El Dragon said:

Okay, reviews are literally all over the place for this game. Some in the upper 8s and low 9s, some in the 5s and 6s. I almost think theres a decent shot some of us won't stay with this game long term. We shall see.

Most of the negative reviews I've seen are mostly critical of "depth and complexity which may turn off audiences used to simpler experiences."

To which I reply, "fuck those people," because I was indeed looking for a better marriage between ME1's RPG-ness and ME3 rapid combat mechanics..

I am pissed off about there being no quick save features and not being able to use the pause menu to execute squad abilities since that is the best way to set up and execute your power combos in Campaign Mode.

33 minutes ago, J.T. said:

I have gotten no such phone call.  Fuck Gamestop.

It seems most are doing it - I think it just depends on the quality of the customer service as to whether they bothered to call you or not

As far as multiplayer goes, we will all suck until we get more map familiarity and unlock better weapons.  Don't be put off by that.

Use Bronze matches to get a feel for character builds, level grinding, and weapon performance and go nuts in Silver and Gold.

I am gonna say this now

The only way I am going to hate this game is if it goes DA2 and I get a game breaking bug

Other than that - I clearly will be the only person who loves it

Fuck all ya all

I'm very much looking forward to this game. The original ME series was so good, so immersive, I can't wait to get it on a next gen machine. With that said, I've always just played the RPG/campaign side of the game. I'm not a multi-player guy at all (in any game really) but ME was always good at making sure you could duck the multiplayer angle all together if you wanted to.

6 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

I am gonna say this now

The only way I am going to hate this game is if it goes DA2 and I get a game breaking bug

Fuck all ya all.

You are fucking kidding me, right. 

The days have returned where you will log on at four in the morning and find me in mid match with Eastern Europeans (since no Americans are awake at that hour) trying to earn some extra credits before I have to go to work.

32 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

I am gonna say this now

Fuck all ya all

I completed the trial and started to berate my television, because I wanted to play more.  You won't be the only one.

6 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

I just purged my Youtube watch history as I couldn't take all my recommendations being shitty hot takes on Andromeda

Great minds.  My recommendations are all either reviews or No Commentary Walkthroughs for Andromeda so I just purged my watch history a minute ago.