Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
RIPPA

MASS EFFECT: ANDROMEDA (Here be Spoilers)

416 posts in this topic

I did the one that boosts shields by 50 percent at the cost of 50 percent of max health. Shields recharge - more shields, more to recharge. I just have taught myself to really watch the red and blue bars in battle. It seems to have made no real difference.

I got another one recently - I can't remember its deal, but I remember thinking it wasn't a very good tradeoff at all. Those sell for 600-700 credits, so, kaching!

8 hours ago, J.T. said:

Yes, but Energy Drain should also detonate and should debuff shields and restore my own shield power.  It should also work well against the ancient robots I found on Habitat 7 that I know that I will encounter on some other planet in the cluster.

Indeed. But Overload can be charged to affect multiple targets, and - crucially for a Sniper - when hit by an Overload, an enemy's immediate response is to stand straight upright and keep really still for a bit.

2 people like this

Double post. I'm mostly wearing Angaran Armour, because it boosts Tech power and my Ryder's a pure Tech skills character at the moment (I keep finding Rare Shotguns though, might have to build a close combat set of powers as a backup profile. Flamethrower, Annihilation and something.

Overload has been great for my sniper

I went back and started this game over. I wasnt far at all so no biggie. I will say this game is complete opposite of GTA instead of being to drunk for freemode, I get to drunk for campaign. 

Oh and I found a Mayor Bradley too. 

1 person likes this

I think I just had the first major side quest decision that I think will come back to bite me in the ass for sure in future games.

Spoiler

I let the ancient Angaran AI live and gave it to the Angarans. Pretty much all outcomes in this one feel like they are going to suck with you either wasting an importance resource and connection to the Angarans' past, setting up a potential threat to SAM and the Initiative, or setting up a threat to the Angarans.

These are the choices that again made it so much easier being behind several years game wise.

God - Site 2 is way more harrowing than it needed to be

I prob need to go back to Eos now and finish some of the dangling side quests today. 

I know i totally missed that Architect thing someone mentioned in the thread. 

31 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

God - Site 2 is way more harrowing than it needed to be

Like I said a few days ago, traveling Eos is depressing as you realize how massively fucked that first expedition was. It really pushes how badly to me Tann and Addison fucked up. If I could arrange for both to be replaced I think I would actually do it.

The best thing about Eos is that it looks like Monument Valley, but not a copy of it like in Red Dead.

Just finished the Moshae quest.

Spoiler

Yeah, I couldn't leave those poor Angarans to die. Depending on how the game ends I can definitely see that coming back on me next game. I do regret not being able to completely unload my weapon on the Cardinal. Moshae was completely right about her deserving worse. Suddenly Liam's outburst on Habitat 7 seems totally agreeable.

12 hours ago, AxB said:

Indeed. But Overload can be charged to affect multiple targets, and - crucially for a Sniper - when hit by an Overload, an enemy's immediate response is to stand straight upright and keep really still for a bit.

This is also true. Hesitation seconds are the sniper's best friend.

1 person likes this

Well, my dad commandeered the Family Room television set, so I didn't get the chance to game last night.  I will try harder to nudge him towards the Florida Room so that I can be online tonight.

Also, I'm working graveyard from the 30th of March to the 11th of April, so I'll be shooting things in the head during the day instead of the evenings..

If you are around at that odd hour on Xbox Live, see me online, and want to hit MA:O multiplayer, send me a PM.

Okay, so I might not be online tonight if my homie, Big Phil (not Rippa) has an extra ticket to Smackdown tonight at the RVA Coliseum.

Rippa knows better than to go to a TV taping on a Tuesday night

13 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Rippa knows better than to go to a TV taping on a Tuesday night

Along with never get involved in a land war in Asia is the classic blunder of never try to drive home on a weeknight from a major entertainment event out of a city bordered on two sides by water.

I am debating whether or not to go to the American Alpha meet and greet at a car dealership that is about ten minutes away from post.

Probably no since I have no desire for AA to put me through a car window for constantly shouting "UCE~! UCE~!" when they are trying to sign autographs.