DVDVR Message Board
RIPPA

MASS EFFECT: ANDROMEDA (Here be Spoilers)

4 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

They ain’t right in the head

Ain't that the truth.  I wouldn't be playing at this point if I didn't have my fellow heathens to holler at and laugh at stupid shit with.

I finally found a game I'm halfway decent at.

That and making fun of dipshits with the night shift.

• Haha 2

God, when will mother fuckers learn not to bring in newbie Level 10's to the Weekend Silver APEX missions?  One player on our team late joined with a fucking Level 5 Human Male Sentinel III and went down every five minutes. 

He got dropped with ten seconds to go before Extraction and not a single squaddie got a twinge of No Man Left Behind and went to rescue him.  Fuck that guy.

I saved up 500K creds and bought one of those Super Disappointment Packs which wasn't totally disappointing.  My Kineticist is up to Rank VIII now and my Krogan Gladiator is finally Rank X.  Too bad that I don't play with Big Blue all that much these days.

I tinkered with the Kineticist a bit more and the key to playing Gold with her seems to speccing Pull so that her Barrier gets buffed as long as Pull is active and then speccing her Defensive Passive skill so that she gets a Barrier recharge with each Biotic Kill.  It's great that capturing redbars constantly charges my Barrier, but I still don't have enough points to get Throw up to Tier 6.

My APEX rating went up a whopping 400 points in one shot after I bought the Super Disappointment Pack, so I think from here on out for as long as I can stand it, I'll just save up and use those packs to level up my Rares and Ultra Rares.

18 minutes ago, J.T. said:

God, when will mother fuckers learn not to bring in newbie Level 10's to the Weekend Silver APEX missions?  One player on our team late joined with a fucking Level 5 Human Male Sentinel III and went down every five minutes. 

To be fair - he could have been looking for just a random silver match and it put him in the APEX Mission

I know on more than one occasion I would just hit random match and then the next thing I knew I was in the middle of an APEX mission

And if it is that hard to find matches now (based on what you guys are saying) it wouldn't shock me that much

Yep. There's so few people playing these days that folks figure correctly that everybody will take whatever they can get.

I figure that if I'm gonna have trouble finding four anyway, having anyone is better than no one because they draw fire away from me. If they die too much, I forget how to revive them.

It gets really bad anytime new characters are out, because people are trying to level them up fast by playing them at the highest difficulty they can get away with. You'll see Level 8s in Golds quite a bit. People think that if they have a semi-decent APEX rating, they'll be trusted to know what they're doing. Actually, it's usually any port in a storm.

Even I have late joined a high difficulty match on occasion expecting to get my lowbie carried, but I do have the decency to fire Cobras and do whatever necessary not to become a liability to the rest of the squad.

I'd never join a Gold match as a Level 8 guy that is sub Tier X though.  That's just crazy.  You're just asking to be the subject of a YouTube game fail video.

13 hours ago, RIPPA said:

They ain’t right in the head

The other part is what the hell else am I gonna play. It it wasn't this it would probably be four year old GTA. I still need to finish Nuka World in Fallout 4.  I might go back to Witcher 3 eventually  Thats it for games I haven't finished 

Andromeda is the only game I've bought this year. Pretty sure I only bought Fallout 4 last year.  Only game that is announced in development that I know I'll buy is Red Dead. Every time I read one of Poe's holy shit there's 9 games out this week that I'm gonna buy and platinum it occurs to me that I might not buy that many games this generation

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Robert C said:

The other part is what the hell else am I gonna play.

Tales From The Borderlands is currently Free With Gold.  There's something new to play and worthy of your time.

If you haven't played it, you've only yourself to blame.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jstout said:

Yep. There's so few people playing these days that folks figure correctly that everybody will take whatever they can get.

I figure that if I'm gonna have trouble finding four anyway, having anyone is better than no one because they draw fire away from me. If they die too much, I forget how to revive them.

It gets really bad anytime new characters are out, because people are trying to level them up fast by playing them at the highest difficulty they can get away with. You'll see Level 8s in Golds quite a bit. People think that if they have a semi-decent APEX rating, they'll be trusted to know what they're doing. Actually, it's usually any port in a storm.

That about sums it up.  Games dead. You take what you can get. As long as everybody but you isn't under leveled

2 minutes ago, Robert C said:

That about sums it up.  Games dead. You take what you can get. As long as everybody but you isn't under leveled

The game is apparently still popular somewhere in Eastern Europe since that is where the players come from that I roll with during my Bronze APEX Before Breakfast ritual.

1 minute ago, J.T. said:

Tales From The Borderlands is currently Free With Gold.  There's something new to play and worthy of your time.

If you haven't played it, you've only yourself to blame.

Not feeling the Borderlands love right now. I maybe made it halfway through the last one and I don't see myself going back to it.  Maybe I'm just old and grumpy

Well Tales From The Borderlands is a TellTale game so it is totally different

But if those games aren't your thing - then it totally makes sense.

But I love Tales From the Borderlands is my 2nd favorite Borderlands game

Please keep this thread clear for any news about DLC or patches or any new content for Andromeda.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I am so embarrassed by my posts like 50 pages back

BIOWARE WONT FUCK ME OVER!!! THE DLC ANNOUNCEMENT WILL BE ANY DAY NOW!!!

I don’t deserve to live

I loved the B.L. games 1 & 2. Hated the space one. Gonna get the freebie tonight. I miss 2 bad. Overpowered 11 guns and character was a beast. Dalmit might hafta turn on playstation.