DVDVR Message Board

MASS EFFECT: ANDROMEDA (Here be Spoilers)

RIPPA

I managed to jump from my standard 2000th in the world-ish Challenge rating, to 1,500th in a single mission. I got 100% on Concussive Shot, and my 250th Combat Detonation, which gave me Combat Mastery Silver.

38 minutes ago, jstout said:

I've played on the same team as puber tee a few times. I was pleased to be playing with my boy FlipSamore last night, mainly because of the singing involved.

We actually had several real good teammates last night.

Sorry I missed y'all.  Had to pack it in early and get some sleep.

I was en route to intercept Ruth Bekker before she spread a plague across the galaxy when suddenly I received an emergency transmission. 

It was from a couple of stoners... So very angry that there was no Kill Druggies hasty action..  Oh, well.  at least there was another mineral sample to scan, another memory trigger which unlocked another file at SAM node, and I got another Angaran artifact for Avela's museum.

Then I got sidetracked and had to solve the murder of an entire Angaran colony.  Poisoning the well with sulfuric acid was particularly douchey.  Justice and bullets were served.

Had to make a Manual Save just as I arrived at Ruth's shuttle.  I'll finish that up on Wednesday.  Headed home after shift in the morning because my boo is not feeling well.  I'll crash during the day and drive back into the 804 tomorrow night.

Scored on two Disappointment Premium Packs in MP before taking a nap in order to disrupt my sleep schedule..  Still no Carnifax or Batarian Vanguard.

4 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

The return of third shift JT

Yep.  Thanks to my line of work, my friends and family now know that the more provocative North Korea gets, the closer it is to August.

22 minutes ago, J.T. said:

Yep.  Thanks to my line of work, my friends and family now know that the more provocative North Korea gets, the closer it is to August.

I can only Imagine how busy you will likely be during the Olympics,

13 minutes ago, TheVileOne said:

I shed no tears for BioWare and Mass Effect. They deserve none.

Eh, I am not going to shoot the messenger.  I have no problems casting EA as the villain in all of this.

8 minutes ago, TheVileOne said:

Can we even really have high expectations for Anthem at this point?

In theory we should since nearly everyone who is anyone significant from the ME and DA franchises is on the dev team. 

In practice?  Ehh....  EA is still the publisher so who knows what corners will get cut or how much dev time the game will actually get.  It's not a matter of if Anthem will be delayed; it's when.

32 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

I can only Imagine how busy you will likely be during the Olympics,

I imagine that the NKs will have at least two or three missile tests before the Olympics and Osan Air Base will respond with the usual flyover.  This will in turn spark a spontaneous maneuver drill for 8th Army and I will be put on third shift again for at least three weeks.

I'd be curious to see figures on how many folks are still playing this thing online.  It's got to the point where I'm having trouble getting matches with randoms.  Last couple days I've just played enough to do the daily challenges, plus one silver strike team yesterday.  I even had trouble finding folks to do the map challenge and the strike team - things that usually fill up quick.  Starting to wonder if we end up back in Los Santos sort of by default.

I am curious to see what Destiny 2 does to it next week

I mean I am already finding it hard to get motivated to play and then I will have Destiny 2

I mean at the moment I am so bitter at Bioware that I am totally trusting Bungie

THAT is saying something

I'm thinking the same thing about Los Santos. We had to start Golds last night and just hope we got two more. Then, you have no control over teammates. It's no fun.

Speaking of which, all I wanted to do was hop on this afternoon, do my strike teams and play enough Golds to buy a disappointment pack (which was, of course, a disappointment.

Team 1 was having a side competition to see who could die the most. Used every revive by wave 6. Hardest game I've played in ages, but barely made it.

Game 2 featured a husband-wife combo. Isn't that cute? No, not really, they were both AFK. Gave up on Round 2.

Game 3: Full of level 20s. Join in progress on wave 5. Teammates went on an impressive dying bender and we nearly didn't make it.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, jstout said:

I'm thinking the same thing about Los Santos. We had to start Golds last night and just hope we got two more. Then, you have no control over teammates. It's no fun.

Speaking of which, all I wanted to do was hop on this afternoon, do my strike teams and play enough Golds to buy a disappointment pack (which was, of course, a disappointment.

Team 1 was having a side competition to see who could die the most. Used every revive by wave 6. Hardest game I've played in ages, but barely made it.

Game 2 featured a husband-wife combo. Isn't that cute? No, not really, they were both AFK. Gave up on Round 2.

Game 3: Full of level 20s. Join in progress on wave 5. Teammates went on an impressive dying bender and we nearly didn't make it.

I had an awful time with that silver strike team last night on wave 6.  It was a hack near extraction on Paradox, which puts in a four way intersection with very little cover, and with the added bonus of being below all the oncoming bad guys.  Burned through 3 health packs and a revive just to get the hack done.  Most golds I've done felt harder than that.  Hell, some platinum waves were easier.

8 hours ago, RIPPA said:

I am curious to see what Destiny 2 does to it next week

I mean I am already finding it hard to get motivated to play and then I will have Destiny 2

I mean at the moment I am so bitter at Bioware that I am totally trusting Bungie

THAT is saying something

I remember the DLC rollouts too well to trust Bungie that easily.

I'll probably be playing Watch Dogs 2 after I Platinum this game.

So I got to 100% points in the Ruzad, giving me three quarters of the Bronze in Shotgun Mastery (Trophies and Disciple being the other two), and I wa thinking to go back to the Hesh (which is at 60% already). But then I figured 1400 Mission Funds, why not drop 960 on a random Ultra-Rare weapon. And I got a Dhan. Nice!

Also, finally finished the game a couple of days ago. I'm even more fucking annoyed than I was earlier now that I've finished it and seen all the loose ends that are (likely) never going to get resolved.

Spoiler

Ellen Ryder is never coming out of cryo.

Spoiler

The quarians (et al) are never getting to Andromeda.

Spoiler

The benefactor is hanging out with the guy that raised the briefcase and the cameraman from GTV.

Fucking EA. I hope Anthem sucks.