DVDVR Message Board

MASS EFFECT: ANDROMEDA (Here be Spoilers)

RIPPA

Got curious last week and logged on long enough to check my rank.  I was almost still in the top 500, maybe 50-60 places down from where I was the last tie I played - more than a month earlier.

With where they are now, the oughta sell a package to allow you to max out the drops on all your characters/guns/etc for $5.  I figure they'd make at least $100 that way if you combine XBONE and PS4.  That's gotta be more than they'll make on those $10 for an uncommon character deals.

They're praying for more business after this becomes a Game With Gold pretty soon.

There's a loyal fanbase still playing, but it's sometimes hard to get, say, Magma/Outlaw matches even if the dailies are Magma/Outlaw.

My playing less than before has made me the guy who gets carried through a match - I die constantly, but when I'm alive I can wreak some havoc.I try to watch my pops, 'cause I only have 5 and I don't wanna screw up, run out and cost anyone a full evacuation. So people gotta pick me up when I fall down. And I fall down a lot. A whole lot.

• 1 month later...

Also funny - they apparently stopped doing APEX missions at the end of the 2017.

Either that or they stopped updating the website. Both are making me laugh

I've dropped 11 ranks down to 99 in a couple of weeks of not playing the game, so there's got to be someone playing it. It was also fairly easy digging up a Bronze team the other night,, but I got tired after one match and said "screw it""and went to bed.

• 3 months later...

THE THREAD LIVES!

There's some really good advice for Destroyers here: http://masseffect.wikia.com/wiki/Destroyer_(Remnant)

Dunno if you're playing single-player or multiplayer, but I assume they're the same. Don't get too close. If you have a "chucking" weapon (sticky bomb, grenades, whatever), use those before you use guns. The big thing to remember: Their shields are stiff. Get rid of those first and then it should be easy after that. I prefer to save the Destroyers for last so four of us (in multiplayer) can jump on it at once.

Pretty dead, but not terminal: My playing schedule is as follows: I'll get on at night and play 2 games to get the daily mission funds. I then play the gold APEX mission (don't trust my troops to do it) and leave the rest of the APEX missions to my NPCs. Three games a night. I recently slipped from 92 to 94 in APEX while keeping up a fairly decent playing schedule. So there''s about 100, 120, maybe, playing. Finding Platinum games is terribly tough.

Multiplayer has spoken and finally came up with a standard weapon, the P.A.W. assault rifle. Your penis size is measured by having a Siphon P.A.W. or not. As usual, I prefer shotguns.

1 hour ago, jstout said:

THE THREAD LIVES!

There's some really good advice for Destroyers here: http://masseffect.wikia.com/wiki/Destroyer_(Remnant)

Dunno if you're playing single-player or multiplayer, but I assume they're the same. Don't get too close. If you have a "chucking" weapon (sticky bomb, grenades, whatever), use those before you use guns. The big thing to remember: Their shields are stiff. Get rid of those first and then it should be easy after that. I prefer to save the Destroyers for last so four of us (in multiplayer) can jump on it at once.

Pretty dead, but not terminal: My playing schedule is as follows: I'll get on at night and play 2 games to get the daily mission funds. I then play the gold APEX mission (don't trust my troops to do it) and leave the rest of the APEX missions to my NPCs. Three games a night. I recently slipped from 92 to 94 in APEX while keeping up a fairly decent playing schedule. So there''s about 100, 120, maybe, playing. Finding Platinum games is terribly tough.

Multiplayer has spoken and finally came up with a standard weapon, the P.A.W. assault rifle. Your penis size is measured by having a Siphon P.A.W. or not. As usual, I prefer shotguns.

I'm kinda curious how much I've dropped.  Haven't touched the game since before Christmas.

And I hated the PAW.  I was pretty much shotgun/pistol all the time in MP. 

I attempted multiplayer this morning.  They might as well shut the servers down.

Just playing single player.  Got past it.  This game really plays like 1 did, but not nearly as fun.Could also be an annoyance that 2 outposts in and suddenly I'm Andromeda Shepard with Shepard's ME3 rep.

Poor Dok aka Cyberinsekt is currently suffering through this bullshit on XB1.  I should feel bad for not being around to help him with multiplayer, but I don't.

On ‎7‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 6:18 PM, odessasteps said:

I was a sucker for the laser guns (except for sniping). 

The Remnant sniper rifles were oddly effective and efficient.

On ‎7‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 4:30 PM, Raziel said:

I attempted multiplayer this morning.  They might as well shut the servers down.

I would not be surprised if ME3 multiplayer had a larger server population than Andromeda.

Something has seemed to happen to put the hurts on Andromeda's player base, as small as it was, over the last few days. Gold games weren't hard to get before, but they're hard to find now, no matter whether they're an APEX mission or make up the daily objective combination. I'm having some kind of online gaming problem with it where as soon as I join a game, it gets laggy, and then I always lose my connection to the game on the last part of the sixth wave. It boots me back to main screen, and sometimes I get paid and sometimes I don't.

I can't tell if it's a game thing or an online connection thing or not. Rocket League runs fine, but I've never had a problem with it. GTA V is its usual sputtering self - won't work one minute, will work fine the next. Who knows?

• 5 weeks later...
12 hours ago, odessasteps said:

I was cleaning up my Xbox storage today and saw I still had all my Andromeda saves. I didn’t erase them, but I did give it a thought. 

I erased all of my saves and uninstalled it before I traded in the game disc for store credit.