DVDVR Message Board

MASS EFFECT: ANDROMEDA (Here be Spoilers)

RIPPA

On ‎12‎/‎26‎/‎2017 at 12:26 AM, username said:

Alright, can live with that.  Thanks for the heads-up!

The Andromeda multiplayer is dying a slow and painful death, but the up-side is that you really don't need to play the co-op in order to have Campaign Mode end with a satisfying conclusion. 

It's not like ME3 where the fate of the entire Milky Way rested on your ability to maintain a good Galactic Readiness percentage.

15 hours ago, J.T. said:

The Andromeda multiplayer is dying a slow and painful death, but the up-side is that you really don't need to play the co-op in order to have Campaign Mode end with a satisfying conclusion. 

It's not like ME3 where the fate of the entire Milky Way rested on your ability to maintain a good Galactic Readiness percentage.

This is actually one of the reasons I don't want to play ME3 without at least some DLC, as far as I can tell (and please correct me if I'm wrong) if you don't DL the new ending you still have the original "space points" or whatever the heck they are break point number that is too high to go solo, leaving DLC or co-op as the only viable ways to cross that point.  

They have dropped the # points you need for the "best" ending that you can do it entirely in the campaign with no worry without needing DLC or multiplayer.

That's not the way the original game shipped but they patched it down as the game aged

I mean you need to do more than just the main story but why wouldn't you want to do that in the first place.

16 hours ago, RIPPA said:

They have dropped the # points you need for the "best" ending that you can do it entirely in the campaign with no worry without needing DLC or multiplayer.

That's not the way the original game shipped but they patched it down as the game aged

I mean you need to do more than just the main story but why wouldn't you want to do that in the first place.

See, I look online and a bunch of places suggest that while the number got patched down, without the extended cut DLC it is still impossible to get without some external help.  Without is 4000ish, with is 3100 and the max you can theoretically get purely solo is maybe 3700?

Like I don't care if I get the best ending, if I make choices that result in things going wrong then I am more than fine watching everything go wrong.  I played through the first two games FAQ-free and making whatever choice seemed most fitting for my Shepard and will likely do the same in 3 and Andromeda (well, sans Shep in the latter).  I'm just bothered if it is impossible for me to get anything other than a bad ending because I didn't play multiplayer or download an alternate ending, which here says isn't a worry but the rest of the internet says is?

For me, either games are a legit creative medium or they are not.  If they are, I'd rather have the ending they wanted to make, as crappy as it may be (and everyone has assured me that it is quite crappy), than something they felt pressured to add on because people were yelling at them.  If it wasn't left optional I'd have likely never even bothered to pick up the Trilogy pack.

I'm still trying to figure out how hard it was to give Shep the Viking Funeral he deserved if the original concept was indeed to have him sacrifice himself for the good of the galaxy.

Instead, we got the Lets Make A Deal edition where we were presented with Doors 1 through 3.

If there is one thing in the computer and games forum that is well established now, it's my pure and utter hatred for the ending to Mass Effect 3. Very very few things have made me feel that much rage, and then generally feeling of emptiness once I realized I had put hundreds of hours into my life for me to get.... there.

7 hours ago, Eivion said:

I didn't hate the ending, but I didn't like it either. None of the choices are particularly good and are kind of null and void reasoning wise depending on how you settle one of the major conflicts.

I've always maintained that there's only one ending that makes any sense.

Seriously, you spend three games attempting to save the entire galaxy from this great scourge, and right before you get to accomplish just that, you suddenly get "Welllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll. . ."

Fuck that. Die, die, die, die, die, die Reapers.

2 hours ago, Gonzo said:

I've always maintained that there's only one ending that makes any sense.

Seriously, you spend three games attempting to save the entire galaxy from this great scourge, and right before you get to accomplish just that, you suddenly get "Welllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll. . ."

Fuck that. Die, die, die, die, die, die Reapers.

While this is correct, the add ons on that one were such bullshit. Honestly, the entire Star Child thing was god damned bullshit too. Fucking everything after the Quarian/Geth war as pretty much fucking bullshit.

It's been half a decade, and this conversation still infuriates me!

• 2 weeks later...

I got an entire three dollars of store credit for trading in ME:A.  I should've just taken it to Goodwill and written 30 bucks off of my taxes while charitable donations are still deductible with the current tax code.

• 2 weeks later...