DVDVR Message Board

MASS EFFECT: ANDROMEDA (Here be Spoilers)

RIPPA

The Weekend APEX Mission can go fuck itself.  I tried doing it twice before work, but hosts were dropping like flies.

Everyone on my roster is now Level 20 and my only Sub-Tier X characters are Very Rares.

2 hours ago, jstout said:

The shiny Platinum newness has worn off and the game's getting grindy again. Doing dailies seems to take forever.

The night shift should consider going into Los Santos guns blazing and take our inevitable asskicking like men.

I'm down for that.  Might be on tonight, assuming I don't spend all night telling a 2 year old to go back to sleep.

Sorry I turned in so early last night - I've been going to bed earlier lately, and I was just smashed-up tired.

Played the gold APEX again and the Platinum APEX - Remnant on Platinum actually does seem to be easier than the others - it seems like the enemies are tougher (don't even bother trying to melee toe-to-toe with the Nullifiers, you will lose), but there's less of them. The Destroyers and Progenitors are hard to take down, but it doesn't seem like the game floods you with them like they do the Hyrdras when you play Outlaw. It's Dampened Powers, which isn't so bad.

Played it with one of the top 5 guys, the one with a horrible reputation for being an ass about whatever. He lived up to the hype by doing the mission with a Level 13, expecting us to carry him. I was doctorin' all over the place, but that's just because he made a bad decision and the other two were the only two we could find. Expectations get lowered pretty quick when playing this game these days.

7 hours ago, jstout said:

Sorry I turned in so early last night - I've been going to bed earlier lately, and I was just smashed-up tired.

Played the gold APEX again and the Platinum APEX - Remnant on Platinum actually does seem to be easier than the others - it seems like the enemies are tougher (don't even bother trying to melee toe-to-toe with the Nullifiers, you will lose), but there's less of them. The Destroyers and Progenitors are hard to take down, but it doesn't seem like the game floods you with them like they do the Hyrdras when you play Outlaw. It's Dampened Powers, which isn't so bad.

Played it with one of the top 5 guys, the one with a horrible reputation for being an ass about whatever. He lived up to the hype by doing the mission with a Level 13, expecting us to carry him. I was doctorin' all over the place, but that's just because he made a bad decision and the other two were the only two we could find. Expectations get lowered pretty quick when playing this game these days.

We only managed one more match after you left.  The night shift was more like an evening shift yesterday.

Ran two bronzes for the daily today.  First one had a guy with an Apex rating of 0.  The second had the number 5 overall guy.  

I'm so very tired of powers dailies. All dailies should take two matches. If anyone can get the powers points in two matches, good for them, but I can't score that many and I detest running maps alone.

Basically, as one of the 10 people still playing this game, they need to be catering to me.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, jstout said:

I'm so very tired of powers dailies. All dailies should take two matches.

Hear fucking hear.  It should take two or three matches at the most to knock out the DCs.

8 hours ago, jstout said:

Basically, as one of the 10 people still playing this game, they need to be catering to me.

Does this include or exclude the three people in all of Europe?

It was a night for near run things.

I have no clue how we got through that platinum strike team last night.  By the end of wave 4 nobody but Stout had any consumables left, and he was down to 2 revives.

We somehow got through the 11 wave gold despite all 3 of us crashing at different times.

Then we did a regular gold and found out that melraz doesn't know the Get Fresh Crew.  We tried to help him out there.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Robert C said:

Then we did a regular gold and found out that melraz doesn't know the Get Fresh Crew. 

The thought of you three guys stumbling over the lyrics to Ain't No Half Steppin' has made my day.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

51 minutes ago, jstout said:

Seriously, MP is juat plain dead. I couldn't find the people to do dailies with last night. No one to do platinum today.

Yeah, I try to run the Daily Challenges at 7PM EST as soon as they come in, otherwise it is hard to find a group.  If there are any players on in the afternoon, they are usually knocking out the Silver and Gold APEX.

I still do the Bronze APEX firs thing in the morning though.  The Euros still fill the lobby if the match is already underway.

I don't even bother to create matches myself anymore.  I just join other people's lobbies and hope for the best.

I finished the Predator pistol challenge last night and have now added the Pistol Mastery (Silver) trophy to my collection.  I can now say that I completed the challenges for all of the standard Alliance weapons in class (Viper sniper file, Predator heavy pistol, Katana shotgun, and Avenger assault rifle).

16 hours ago, jstout said:

I can't find players for the dailies. This is at 2 s.m., though.

I am aiming (not really) to be rhe persin with the highest APEX and the least amount of Challenge points.

I know.  Up until a month ago, Melraz was in the lead but now, I am solidly in first for Challenge Rating on the DVDVR side. 

I'm only in the Top 400 globally for CR, though. 

18 hours ago, jstout said:

Friggin' ME:A multiplayer's not working for me right now. Demand must have overloaded server capacity.

HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO GET VARIANTS OF GUNS I'LL NEVER USE, BIOWARE?

Yep.  I crashed to home twice last night while trying to knock out the new DCs.  Bioware is already conceding defeat to Rockstar and pulling the plugs on the servers?

3 hours ago, J.T. said:

Yep.  I crashed to home twice last night while trying to knock out the new DCs.  Bioware is already conceding defeat to Rockstar and pulling the plugs on the servers?

They also seemingly haven't updated the store the last 2 weeks.  Would be nice to at least have something to spend mission funds on.

I think the store updates are ran randomly. and as strange as it seems, the same ones can all pop up again. Sort of like the dailies being the same map two days in a row. 

I started playing at 1:45 or so last night and had a very hard time finding games that were the daily objectives (Firebase Zero, silver). This game is gravely wounded and is just slowly bleeding out at this point.