DVDVR Message Board

MASS EFFECT: ANDROMEDA (Here be Spoilers)

RIPPA

Eh, Robert, you know we got this shit. 

We just got done playing two Platinum games with the No. 5 guy, someone I've played with a ton of times and has one of the most punchable voices (if that makes sense) in the world. I think he died at least 20 times more than we did. We got paid, though, which is awesome because I needed a few more sniper rifle boosters.

15 hours ago, melraz09 said:

But when 2 of the 4 back out and leave ya for dead on platinum wave 4, ya do what ya gotta do. Finish that bitch 2 player.

13 hours ago, jstout said:

Dalm skippy.

I take it that none of you got the chance to record this miracle and post it to the Friends Wall so the rest of us could see it?....

Noooo, it'd be too long. It took us, I think, somewhere around 40 minutes for the whole thing. We'd run, get stickies, use them, run, get stickies, use them. It's possible if there's two Avengers, but takes forever. 

I might have had 1 RPG after it was done, but all my other consumables were toast.

3 hours ago, Robert C said:

Stout has infiltrated the Illuminati to bring the organization down from within.  Who put you up to this Stout?  Was it the Rosicrucians?

Loyal Order of the Moose. They fucking hate Shriners.

EDIT: The Rotary Club

DOUBLE EDIT: I was playing with the asshole with the rancid-sounding girlfriend and Freight Train tonight, and I nearly put a foot up both their asses.

We're on Wave 2 of a platinum on Firebase Zero. Retrieval comes up. I have a habit of getting in that red room, because there's three spawn points nearby. Dude with GF chides me to get back with the rest of the group. I ask him what he would have me do (in those terms) and he said that me coming back there and joining them would cause the enemies to spawn and chase them down there (which I guess leaves the rest of the board free, maybe?)

So I join them. The first retrieval is about 10 seconds from where I was until I took the fucking Captain's advice and moved back, so I had to go farther for it. No prob.

Prob: The second one spawned in the middle of where those three guys were taking on 2000 Outlaw. In the process of getting the second one, I had to use all five pops. Yeah, good job bunching them up, asshole.

Then Freight Train chides me because I revived him and didn't make him invisible. Never mind that I was trying to revive the guy next to him who was running out of time.

Oh, had a fun exchange with guy with rancid girlfriend before that. We were playing Platinum freestyle on Paradox, and I got a hack. It was the one pretty much directly behind the little cave we camp in. So it's tricky. They move away from me, and I'm able to do about half the hack before some curious Krogans start sniffing around. At two minutes left and about two-thirds of it done, he asks me "what's the deal with the hack?"

My reply? "There's a bunch of critters in it, that's the deal." I finished the hack with a minute left.

How in the fuck can you take a videogame so seriously? He needs to get into a party with the night shift on a two-beer night. We'd show him how this shit is done.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, jstout said:

How in the fuck can you take a videogame so seriously? He needs to get into a party with the night shift on a two-beer night. We'd show him how this shit is done.

The quickest way into the night shift fold is to adopt our time-honored motto: "This is dumb as hell and I'll probably die, but fuck it."

*proceeds to get into a headbutt fight with two Krogans*

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, RUkered said:

The quickest way into the night shiftfold is to adopt the motto: "This is dumb as hell and I'll probably die, but fuck it."

*proceeds to get into a headbutt fight with two Krogans*

Hell I thought that was the whole point of this game.  Otherwise, you're just playing the same mission on the same map fighting the same enemies and saving up for another rail amp.

• Like 1

The game's grindy, but still interesting enough (for now) to keep me going.

Really it depends on who I'm playing with at the time. The bunch I complain about all the time are fine to play with if I don't have to be in a party with them. Really, even on Platinum, I don't really feel that communication is absolutely necessary. It helps, but it's not necessary.

Right now I'm gaming with three dudes who know what they''re doing and two are on game chat. And they sound like reasonable people, not telling me what to do, not telling me how great they are, etc. They're team players - we just got through a platinum with 3 uploads where they had to move all three times, and they did so like pros. Things are great when you've got a good bunch.

The rest of them mean well, I suppose, but they're too deep into a dick-length contest to act like human beings.

This is just filling time until the next game for me. I played the South Park game some more today, but I can't get into the combat system at all, which made me not like the first game. Am thinking of just setting the combat to easy just so I can finish the game.

Buddy of mine came to visit recently and brought the South Park game for me to try. I agree with you. I enjoyed the story and the fact that it looked like I was watching an actual episode, but the turn-based gameplay was strange to me.

• Like 1

I understand they're trying for a throwback vibe, but it doesn't really work well. It's still a funny game.

By the way, Andromeda multiplayer is like a desert. Think about it: game's been out less than a year, is already deeply discounted and available on EA Access, but no one's playing.

Just because it is the immediate moment - McAdoo

But when that reminder comes (like when I posted that book tweet a couple of days ago) I start raging all over again

Plus I know the McAdoo fiasco will be over in a month. EA literally killed the only thing I have ever truly loved.

So Stout gets invites to the Illuminati.  Melraz gets hate mail in GTA.  I get this, from somebody called crazyeggpanda82:

Part 1 - "Just for the record playing with Grumblers Hartford.  Tired out.  I can't even sing.  I honestly thought it.  But this is the hardest game I don't want anymore.  Wanna chill?  This is not for the faint of heart and there's no way you can get past all the levels.  Your f****** supermodel."

Part 2 - "I give you a week before you quit I give you a weeks time before you quit.  I gave you a whole month or ull week before you quit the game and never come back.  I can't you all week before you put the game."

Part 3 - "The hardest game in the world plays in Drumitar.  In a gromada gramada the hardest game in old with the plan is it from there is not a way in hell that.  You gonna be able to every beat the game in less you some in Jesus Christ and off.  You are."

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Just because it is the immediate moment - McAdoo

But when that reminder comes (like when I posted that book tweet a couple of days ago) I start raging all over again

Plus I know the McAdoo fiasco will be over in a month. EA literally killed the only thing I have ever truly loved.

EA killed your WIFE?

6 hours ago, Robert C said:

So Stout gets invites to the Illuminati.  Melraz gets hate mail in GTA.  I get this, from somebody called crazyeggpanda82:

Part 1 - "Just for the record playing with Grumblers Hartford.  Tired out.  I can't even sing.  I honestly thought it.  But this is the hardest game I don't want anymore.  Wanna chill?  This is not for the faint of heart and there's no way you can get past all the levels.  Your f****** supermodel."

Part 2 - "I give you a week before you quit I give you a weeks time before you quit.  I gave you a whole month or ull week before you quit the game and never come back.  I can't you all week before you put the game."

Part 3 - "The hardest game in the world plays in Drumitar.  In a gromada gramada the hardest game in old with the plan is it from there is not a way in hell that.  You gonna be able to every beat the game in less you some in Jesus Christ and off.  You are."

Either my man had a stroke over here, or he runs everything through Google Translate a minimum of four times before sending it.

I don't know what's worse - that or getting sexually assaulted in an alley for cash.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RUkered said:

Either my man had a stroke over here, or he runs everything through Google Translate a minimum of four times before sending it.

I don't know what's worse - that or getting sexually assaulted in an alley for cash.

It wasn't in an alley. It was on the roof of a building across the street from the Los Santos mall

• Like 1

Holy fuck the Weekend APEX Mission is an eleven wave Gold.  Naturally there are Kett involved and it is on the glitchiest map in the game.

I already froze up twice on Wave 6, so I may be handing this thing over to a Strike Team for completion.

16 hours ago, jstout said:

If it's Kett on Aqua, I may be skipping it also. That map and Fiends do not get along.

Two new recruits to the Illuminati today. Have you heard the good news about Mass Effect: Andromeda?

I am going to buy you a pair of jean shorts for Christmas.

• Haha 3