DVDVR Message Board

MASS EFFECT: ANDROMEDA (Here be Spoilers)

RIPPA

I got to thinking the other day about how I kinda missed some of the parts of the drug- and car-selling stuff. That said, I really hate getting my ass kicked in GTA. Some of that new stuff is tough, and I'm already behind the curve.

Really, game quit being much fun when people started using the marksman rifle a lot.

8 minutes ago, J.T. said:

Well, if you guys roll back to Los Santos, I can stop hate playing multiplayer so much in hopes of seeing you online and focus on making some headway in Watch Dogs 2.

Destiny 2 is part of Black Friday sales

Holy fuck, Stout is like three or four slots away from the APEX Rating Global Top 100.

I am close to breaking the Top 400 for Challenge Rating.  I unlocked Shotgun Mastery Silver yesterday while grinding my last UR character (Batarian Vanguard) to Level 20.

So my only sub 20 characters now are the two new ones:  Human Commando and Human Guardian.

Been playing Platinum with decent teammates all day. Didn't extract once 'cause I couldn't waddle the Gladiator over in time. Top guy (fourth overall) sent me a message that said "that happens to me all the time." So I don't feel so bad. Anyway, I forgot to buy a disappointment pack last time, so now I have the money for three. Let's liveblog it, shall we. These are all Arsenal packs - I have all the characters, so I want ultra-rare guns.

Pack 1:

Incendiary Ammo 3
Experience Enhancer 3
Tech Power Amp 3
First Aid Pack
Cryo Ammo 4

Pack 2:

Ammo Capacity Mod 3
Valkyrie 8 (N-7 assault rifle)
Cyclone Bulwark 9 (uncommon assault rifle - still have a bunch of uncommon guns to get)
Cyclonic Mod 3
Revive Pack

Pack 3:

Incendiary ammo 3
Sniper rifle rail amp 3
Targeting VI 3
Ammo pack
Widow bulwark 7 (uncommon sniper rifle)

It's strange that I used to think I'd never use a lot of consumables - I always thought "I'll never use ammo capacity mods, I don't shoot," but they're mandatory now on Platinum stand-in-one-place and shoot games. There'll probably come a time when I use the sniper rifle stuff.

Now I'm in a party with some of the Illuminati, and it's a hoot. Scotty's barking out orders left and right, there's a Leeroy Jenkins-type fucking everyone's plans up, it's chaos. Scotty's pissed. They brought me into a party and haven't got a spot in a game for me. Hilarious.

Edit: I'm gaming again with this dude who talks a little faster,  but sounds pretty much like this. I keep wanting to ask him to say "Eugene," but that would be in poor taste:

• Like 3

Wasn't he a 440 APEX with a I-1 character? Starting a game with three people opens you up to such bullshittery.

I figured we were gonna exit the room anyway to check strike teams or whatever, but I just wanted to kick dude out before we did to send him a message of displeasurement with his non-amusing antics.

Stout has cracked the Global Top 100 for APEX Rating.

I cracked the Top 400 for Challenge Rating.  I should have my Commando and Guardian up to Level 20 in a few matches, so all that remains is to save up, invest in the Premium Disappointment Packs to level up my Rares and Ultra Rares up to Tier XX. 

The game seems to get hilariously deader every day. I couldn't find a Gold match at one point last night. I keep running into the same 10 or so people playing Platinum 'cause they're probably one-third of the 30 still playing the game.

I gotta admit, I usually don't get hung up on accomplishments, but I wanted in that top 100 bad. 

Re-speced my Avenger to work better in Platinum. It did seem to work better in the only match I played with it.

Also experimented with carrying around two pistols instead of a pistol and a shotgun. I think that'll be my Remnant setup, because it seems like Destroyers and Progenitors laugh at shotgun blasts. Probably because of the shields. Once you get those down, it's easier.

Pistols, for now, are a Bulwark Eagle and a Talon Siphon (good "shotgun pistol.")

9 minutes ago, jstout said:

The game seems to get hilariously deader every day.

I have been thrown into the same group of randoms for my morning Bronze APEX match for the last five days.  A testament to just how small the player pool really is.

I think I am going to stop running Platinum since I always seem to be put into a room with some Level 5 guy with illusions that he can be successfully carried to victory.

I've waited 10 minutes before and not found anyone who wanted to play a Platinum game. I'll routinely make drinks, food, whatever, because I know I will be in no hurry.

I think Destiny 2 mortally wounded it and the new Call of Duty finished it off.